Liberty Bowl For State Championship Games

YBsostupid

On 12/3/2022 at 11:58 PM, 1983 said:

Martin is the perfect size stadium!  It would be a great atmosphere for a championship!

On 12/3/2022 at 11:19 PM, Waker said:

Memphis is not a good idea. Martin is though! Perfect size stadium, has turf and not too far from Huntingdon for the next 4 yrs.

Don't hate the Martin idea but is the stadium big enough and have all the necessary bells and whistles to accommodate media?  I have no clue about the attendance of State Championships so I'm genuinely curious. 

11 hours ago, GG22 said:

The new soccer stadium in Nashville, Geodis Park, is an obvious answer if it's available. It's centrally located in the state, easily accessible in the city, and far nicer than anything else in the state, including having a roof over the seating areas. With a capacity of 30,000, it's also a reasonable size. Bigger stadiums would make the crowds these days just look sad.

It’s a great stadium. Only problem is that 9 games played on grass in a weekend would be a mess.

On 12/4/2022 at 10:01 AM, TwoSix said:

I've been to all the sites, Vandy, MTSU (alma mater), Tech, and UTC. UTC is by far the best experience. Parking was convenient, easy into stadium, restaurant right outside of stadium. 

I agree. Chattanooga is pretty much accessible for everyone except the far east and west. And the experience there is SO much better than anywhere else it’s been held. No offense but Cookeville was a dead spot. Much better in Chatt. Easy access. Parking right in front of the entrance gate. Heck i walked out to the car and back at halftime. Lots of good food, hotels, and in a fairly safe part of town. No WAY we go back to the Liberty Bowl. Every house around the stadium has bars on all the windows and doors. Not a good place to walk back to your car after dark. I do like the idea of the new Titans stadium. But parking, hotels, etc will be a pain. I hope they leave it at UTC. It’s a great location. I realize you’re never gonna make everyone happy regardless of the location. But I’m quite happy with it staying where it is. 

1 hour ago, IPOPU2022 said:

I agree. Chattanooga is pretty much accessible for everyone except the far east and west. And the experience there is SO much better than anywhere else it’s been held. No offense but Cookeville was a dead spot. Much better in Chatt. Easy access. Parking right in front of the entrance gate. Heck i walked out to the car and back at halftime. Lots of good food, hotels, and in a fairly safe part of town. No WAY we go back to the Liberty Bowl. Every house around the stadium has bars on all the windows and doors. Not a good place to walk back to your car after dark. I do like the idea of the new Titans stadium. But parking, hotels, etc will be a pain. I hope they leave it at UTC. It’s a great location. I realize you’re never gonna make everyone happy regardless of the location. But I’m quite happy with it staying where it is. 

How far do you live from Chattanooga?

9 minutes ago, IPOPU2022 said:

I live in Clarksville. So right at 3hrs one way. 

I don’t doubt that UTC is nice and I’m sure Chattanooga is nice. West Tn. people are sick of having to drive to east Tn. How would East Tn people like having to drive to west Tn every year? It only makes sense to me to have it in the middle in Nashville/Murfreesboro. Just my opinion. Heck I would be good with Clarksville.

Edited by Rockytoptomcat

7 minutes ago, Rockytoptomcat said:

I don’t doubt that UTC is nice and I’m sure Chattanooga is nice. West Tn. people are sick of having to drive to east Tn. How would East Tn people like having to drive to west Tn every year? It only makes sense to me to have it in the middle in Nashville/Murfreesboro. Just my opinion. Heck I would be good with Clarksville.

Hey i totally agree brother. I think it’s going to be tough to find a location that makes everyone happy.