Liberty Bowl For State Championship Games

YBsostupid

1 hour ago, NigCuppy said:

Read the post that I replied to.

Everyone did and your response of "Can you give me some odds on Mountain City (Johnson County) making it to a state championship?? They are 2-9, 2-8, 4-6, 4-7 the last 4 seasons.  Not really worried about their commute because they won't have one.".  

Thats not the point and it's sad how you're trying to trash a program and a community.  What if they did make it? He gave examples of drive times to all the stadiums that could work and centrally located is Cookeville or MTSU which are both in middle TN.

22 hours ago, NigCuppy said:

Can you give me some odds on Mountain City (Johnson County) making it to a state championship?? They are 2-9, 2-8, 4-6, 4-7 the last 4 seasons.  Not really worried about their commute because they won't have one. 

There have been several teams in the title game from the North east part of the state.  Elizabethton, Greenville, Hampton, Oneida, Cloudland, Tennessee not to mention it wouldn't be much of a haul for Alcoa, Maryville etc. 

Again I think Martin, Johnson City, Chattanooga and Jackson would be good rotations if Jackson has a suitable facility.  However, it still comes down to whether anyone from those areas put in a bid.  In the past they have not and so all the whining and cheesing about it not being held in the west Tennessee grand division in the past is moot.

I could see ETSU and Johnson City hosting this, the set up is perfect!  there is a hotel right across the street, surrounded by restaurants, plenty of parking and a brand new stadium and the fact that ETSU will never get that far in the FCS playoffs for a conflict!

4 minutes ago, SXSW said:

I could see ETSU and Johnson City hosting this, the set up is perfect!  there is a hotel right across the street, surrounded by restaurants, plenty of parking and a brand new stadium and the fact that ETSU will never get that far in the FCS playoffs for a conflict!

"A hotel". For nine teams and all their fans, which many would need to stay considering how far Johnson City is from 75% of the state. 

The bid process includes how many hotel rooms are available in the immediate area.

Edited by MichaelMyers76

1 hour ago, rlh said:

Incorrect.

Map_of_Middle_Tennessee_counties.png

Now there you go rlh, you've broken the cardinal rule of a debate! Taking into consideration your years of experience on this message board and background of displaying more "common sense" than most, I am shocked that you would commit such an egregious error as to provide proof of your point!!! Even that wasn't enough though, you then had the gall to simplify it to the point that a third grader could understand it... you should be banned from posting for at least a month or two for not leaving room for the other side of the argument to contest what you say! How dare you trample on peoples right to having their own opinion without irrefutable proof standing in their way, and most importantly hurting feelings with your aloof demeanor!

SMH...shame on you!!!:mrgreen: