Liberty Bowl For State Championship Games

YBsostupid

On 12/8/2022 at 12:55 PM, crazzyness said:

Jackson does not, old Lambuth Stadium has nowhere near the capacity. U of M would have to put some major work into it. 

I would personally be down with a Chattanooga, Rutherford County/Nashville, and Clarksville rotation though. I don't see that ever happening, but that would be a nice little arrangement. 

would the minor league baseball facility  be big enough?

1 hour ago, Goldenpride said:

The Liberty bowl wouldn’t be a good spot, I’ve heard they are making additions to the stadium and that will be good but that’s been long overdue. 

Jackson would be a good spot to host at the Generals stadium, they don’t have a pro team anymore and they can use that stadium to host a big event like spring fling. There’s Unions field that can host to if needed and also Jackson State.  It wouldn’t be a bad thing either because spring fling in Murfreesboro is starting to not even have the championship games for baseball or softball at MTSU. All that is theorizing because at the end of the day they have to bid and win but the possibility would be good. 

And that's why I do believe having it at Jackson would be the best chance for Jackson to host something. I'm fine with football being in Chattanooga as long as each portion of the state host something type of Championship. Now, track would have to go to USJ, but each high school would at least get to host some sport, which would be a win/win for them and the city.

4 hours ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

Nobody says Nashville is off the table though. I guess their skyrocketing crime rate is ok. 

Nobody ever hears of someone getting shot at games in Memphis. It’s just not happening. I have been to MANY games in Memphis. The city provides an amazing amount of security. I felt very safe every time I attended a game in Memphis. 

On 12/8/2022 at 10:53 AM, MichaelMyers76 said:

"A hotel". For nine teams and all their fans, which many would need to stay considering how far Johnson City is from 75% of the state. 

The bid process includes how many hotel rooms are available in the immediate area.

There are 30 hotels within 8-10 miles JC has everything you need. I understand that it will never be in Johnson City and will never be in Memphis either. They should keep biding it out till the Titans build their new stadium and be there forever, because Nashville is a "geographic anomaly" it 4 hours from everywhere!  

It's a little more than football. Hosting one of the state tournaments has not and will never be a money maker if we only count football dollars from that weekend. Having that event on campus brings hundreds of players, fans, parents, brothers, sisters, etc to the campus. If just by being there, somebody falls in love with the campus/city and they end up gaining 2 or 3 students that come to the university and stay 4 years for a degree, they will make 10-fold more money off those few students than they will ever make from the tournament. Hosting the games is merely cheap advertising (the people pay to be there!!) for the school. Some campus execs simply see a bigger picture than others while some, (Vanderbilt) maybe just don't need the money.

Your never gonna see a title game hosted at either corner of the state. Truth is, hosting the BCB just isn't that profitable, if it was Nashville or Murfreesboro would be hosting. As it stands, neither city has even shown a interest. If Nashville did, Geodis Park would be a nice option, but you better be prepared to walk. Chattanooga and Cookeville haven't been perfect, but probably the best the TSSAA is going to get unless it magically becomes more lucrative to host