5 Teams in TN High School History That Defeat the 2022 Lipscomb Academy Gold Ball Team

Booger

On 12/4/2022 at 12:54 PM, Booger said:

Payin tention to how this goes down Flea21...anyone that nose FB nose size is a nice thing to possess....there were teams as far back as even 50's that Booger would lay down a bill with that lightnin rod inventors pic on it to win gainst your Lipscomb Academy..... a few of the teams maybe a lil smaller than LA would chew the meat of some of those monster linemen Flea21 keeps boastin bout.....there are teams maybe to the fact some of sum of those LA Mustangers might not even want to come back out after half time

.....Booger gonna throw out just a couple teams at Flea that are way back...and not even sayin they were the best in TN HS history....and they ant BA teams....Flea may have to go to grandfather flea look these up...or google them when flea is googlin who the lightnin rod inventor was..

.....late 58 Oakridge team.....national championship and state title...

....early 60's Chattanooga Central team....national championship and state title

.....1973 Baylor team

....2014 Whitehaven team

.....2017 Lausanne team

Booger just sayin :thumb:

Lausanne??? That team wasn’t close to the best team overall in the state that year. 

Multiple BA teams and MBA would have been very difficult to handle for LA. No need to go any further than them for me. 

12 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

Lausanne??? That team wasn’t close to the best team overall in the state that year. 

Multiple BA teams and MBA would have been very difficult to handle for LA. No need to go any further than them for me. 

Sit this one out Goober, it’s over your head. 

Booger just sayin :lol:

• Upvote 2

LA '22 better than LA '21 correct?  I only watched the Thompson game and it was easily the D that won the game for LA.  I think LA '21 had a better offense - or maybe just at the RB and QB (Slightly) positions.  So was it the D that made them so much better this year? 

1 hour ago, JRB said:

LA '22 better than LA '21 correct?  I only watched the Thompson game and it was easily the D that won the game for LA.  I think LA '21 had a better offense - or maybe just at the RB and QB (Slightly) positions.  So was it the D that made them so much better this year? 

yes, I think this years team was better because the D.  I think hank was a better down field passer but they had to be without alex broome.  both tailbacks are sophomores so the load was more on hank (QB) and junior (WR) but they got better as the season went on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JRB said:

that juggarnaut from Alabaster had a lotta Mega Warriors out healin, restin and in timeout in their 1st 2 contest

Booger just sayin ;-)

....early 60's Chattanooga Central team....national championship and state title

.....1973 Baylor team

....2014 Whitehaven team

.....2017 Lausanne team

....1993 Cleveland team

.....1999 MBA team

again in no partuclatin order just as the thread title says....might even be an Alcoa team out there somewhere

5 minutes ago, Booger said:

.....1973 Baylor team

....2014 Whitehaven team

.....2017 Lausanne team

....1993 Cleveland team

.....1999 MBA team

again in no partuclatin order just as the thread title says....might even be an Alcoa team out there somewhere

....1989/90/91 Brentwood Academy?  Not sure which year was the best team.

36 minutes ago, Booger said:

that juggarnaut from Alabaster had a lotta Mega Warriors out healin, restin and in timeout in their 1st 2 contest

Booger just sayin ;-)

can you be specific?  peter woods was in the game but I dont know a ton of their best players. 

I feel like you are throwing shade at that win like they didnt play their best players.  on ESPN.  and gave up their long home win streak to rest players.  not buying it.

You can't compare teams from the 50's to teams today. There's just no comparison. Look at an actual college roster from the 50s-60's many of us have Jr High or Freshmen in our system bigger than the biggest on those rosters. It's no dig at that era. Heck i last played in the late 00's and even from then to now there's been a ridiculous jump in overall talent. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ChuckDSanAntonio said:

....1989/90/91 Brentwood Academy?  Not sure which year was the best team.

I think it's '89....that team was loaded--they all were, but '89 stands out.  They flew to Pascagoula, MS, and beat the team there that had Shane Matthews and Terrell Buckley on it.  MBA scrimmaged them that summer in game-like conditions and it was a bloodbath.  I remember Al Allen was to be focal point for Ba in '90-'91 as a big time recruit at TE but had to quit football because of a spinal condition. 

I have to get the years right, but the Ensworth team in Elder's senior year played the BA team with Barnett and Ramsey on Thursday night, and one of the ESPN channels picked it up.  Ensworth won that game 21-0 and Elder ran for over 300 yards in the game...I can't remember if any of those Ensworth teams really picked up a big out of state win.