5 Teams in TN High School History That Defeat the 2022 Lipscomb Academy Gold Ball Team

Booger

On 12/5/2022 at 12:43 PM, EHSfan04 said:

Im not upset. It pains me to speak well of BA, I just have never seen anything like it. I don't need to watch the video, I was there if it was the one in clarksville. After watching the games this weekend, I can easily say there were no better players than Will Bartholomew and Travis Stephens on any of those teams. If i recall, Bartholomew was not close to being the biggest guy on his team and he isn't small. Don't think i would ever call Travis Stephens or Tim Terry slow either. Generalizations are too vague. It wouldn't be accurate for me to assume every kid is soft now, just because the game itself is softer now. A lot of the kids i saw this weekend would get hurt playing some of these "small, slow" guys.

If I have my years right, that NE team that was so explosive had a 2 headed monster in the backfield. They had Travis Stephens who was great by himself but they also had Marcus Gildersleeve as well who went on to play at Va Tech. Those 2 together in the same backfield were virtually unstoppable for a high school defense, which shows how good the BA defense that year was.

4 hours ago, starstruck98 said:

Ensworth 2012 team would beat Lipscomb by 100. lol 

The same one that beat BGA 35-7? lol.

They may beat them…was a great team no doubt but they wouldn’t smoke em.  LA finished #14 in the country in 2022.  That has to mean something. Football at the high school level in Tennessee is better now than 10 years ago.  That is a fact.

Edited by Flea21
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Flea21 said:

The same one that beat BGA 35-7? lol.

They may beat them…was a great team no doubt but they wouldn’t smoke em.  LA finished #10 in the country in 2022.  That has to mean something. Football at the high school level in Tennessee is better now than 10 years ago.  That is a fact.

#10?...Flea onna bad pole...

Booger just sayin :mrgreen: