West Tennessee Teams

sportsfan53ray

I got to go up and watch Westview play last night and I've seen them once in at USJ against a Kentucky team, the only 2 teams to challenge them in regular season will be Gibson County & Huntingdon. I've never seen one of their teams with these many shooters on the court and their defense is suffocating. Held Obion County to 19 points. They're fun to watch....again. 

1 hour ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

I got to go up and watch Westview play last night and I've seen them once in at USJ against a Kentucky team, the only 2 teams to challenge them in regular season will be Gibson County & Huntingdon. I've never seen one of their teams with these many shooters on the court and their defense is suffocating. Held Obion County to 19 points. They're fun to watch....again. 

I agree. They are one of the best shooting teams I have ever seen period. You guard them 20 foot out, they back up 5 feet and shoot it 25. Y’all’s defense is lights out as well. Gibson County and Huntingdon I am sure will play hard and see what happens, but y’all’s team is a great one for sure and one to be proud of. 

• Like 1

On 12/30/2022 at 11:18 AM, LetsGoBrandon said:

They can shoot it, and most definitely are fun to watch and the favorite to win AA again,  but why such a cupcake non-district schedule? Why invite teams to your event that you when you call them that they won't play within 20 points of you? I wonder this every year. No disrespect to anyone on their schedule, but they see no challenge til postseason.

2 hours ago, Waker said:

Huntingdon Fillies playing good defense. Greenfield is down but when is the last time they were held to 6 in a half. Fillies won Christmas Classic defeating Riverside, Greenfield and Chester Co.

I don’t know what to think about Huntingdon. I have seen them online. They pass the eye test but their schedule has been really soft. Full strength McKenzie beat them by 20+. Best win is over Dresden, I guess? I know they’ve got Westview and Gibson Co coming up in district, so we’ll know soon enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maddams said:

I don’t know what to think about Huntingdon. I have seen them online. They pass the eye test but their schedule has been really soft. Full strength McKenzie beat them by 20+. Best win is over Dresden, I guess? I know they’ve got Westview and Gibson Co coming up in district, so we’ll know soon enough.

It is not because they scheduled soft teams. McKenzie(state champs), Dresden was in the state tournament and brought everyone back. Gleason is usually tough. Greenfield is normally a power. 

On 12/31/2022 at 1:48 PM, BallIsLife1 said:

They can shoot it, and most definitely are fun to watch and the favorite to win AA again,  but why such a cupcake non-district schedule? Why invite teams to your event that you when you call them that they won't play within 20 points of you? I wonder this every year. No disrespect to anyone on their schedule, but they see no challenge til postseason.

Millington (larger school), Obion County (larger school), JCS (private/public?)....the Lions tourney is open to anyone that wants to come if they reach out & when you reach out to some schools, they don't want to play in it. Every year, they hear the same thing about their schedule. Since they travel prior to Christmas to play in out of state tourneys, they have limited games available. This Lion's tourney has been happening for I believe nearly or over 50 years. Factor in both boy & girls when scheduling...I'm sure it's not easy filling their schedule. I see they played Dyersburg, Mercy (Kentucky), McKenzie within the first 8-9 games non-district. Traditionally, Dyersburg is pretty decent...Mercy has won a couple of State Tournaments, and McKenzie is the defending 1A state champion. They played Elizabethon out of state on a neutral court. I'm not following about their schedule. Show me another team so I can compare their schedules to so I can see what their schedule looks like? I'm curious as who they played "non-district" wise for a comparison. I'd like to see WV play up and get a South Side or Dyer County myself, but I don't see a lot of coaches wanting to play WV. I see a lot of fans wanting their team to play them, but I don't hear much from coaches....& that's based on what other coaches say. After Alcoa beat Upperman the other night, I don't see WV as being the favorite personally. 

Edited by LetsGoBrandon

On 12/31/2022 at 9:42 PM, Waker said:

It is not because they scheduled soft teams. McKenzie(state champs), Dresden was in the state tournament and brought everyone back. Gleason is usually tough. Greenfield is normally a power. 

Huntingdon is a very good team. I don't see a problem with their schedule and you statement is accurate. 

3 hours ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

Millington (larger school), Obion County (larger school), JCS (private/public?)....the Lions tourney is open to anyone that wants to come if they reach out & when you reach out to some schools, they don't want to play in it. Every year, they hear the same thing about their schedule. Since they travel prior to Christmas to play in out of state tourneys, they have limited games available. This Lion's tourney has been happening for I believe nearly or over 50 years. Factor in both boy & girls when scheduling...I'm sure it's not easy filling their schedule. I see they played Dyersburg, Mercy (Kentucky), McKenzie within the first 8-9 games non-district. Traditionally, Dyersburg is pretty decent...Mercy has won a couple of State Tournaments, and McKenzie is the defending 1A state champion. They played Elizabethon out of state on a neutral court. I'm not following about their schedule. Show me another team so I can compare their schedules to so I can see what their schedule looks like? I'm curious as who they played "non-district" wise for a comparison. I'd like to see WV play up and get a South Side or Dyer County myself, but I don't see a lot of coaches wanting to play WV. I see a lot of fans wanting their team to play them, but I don't hear much from coaches....& that's based on what other coaches say. After Alcoa beat Upperman the other night, I don't see WV as being the favorite personally. 

I know personally we (South Side) have reached out to your administration about playing y’all like we do Gibson County each year! We always look forward to playing Westview, not many people will play us in the past 10-12 years under the Brent McNeal era. 

Edited by HawkGuy06

40 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

I know personally we (South Side) have reached out to your administration about playing y’all like we do Gibson County each year! We always look forward to playing Westview, not many people will play us in the past 10-12 years under the Brent McNeil era. 

Think I am going to watch y’all and McKenzie tomm. night. Let me know if there are any changes if any. Me as a fan want to go and watch a competitive game every game. I do understand scheduling is a lot tougher with 4 and 5 team Districts and some teams just aren’t as good as they used to be. We played in a District in Single A where we had several cupcakes and very hard to get the girls to play hard. I know as a fan we would love for a Westview/South Side game on a off night would be nice like a Monday or a Thursday.

6 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Think I am going to watch y’all and McKenzie tomm. night. Let me know if there are any changes if any. Me as a fan want to go and watch a competitive game every game. I do understand scheduling is a lot tougher with 4 and 5 team Districts and some teams just aren’t as good as they used to be. We played in a District in Single A where we had several cupcakes and very hard to get the girls to play hard. I know as a fan we would love for a Westview/South Side game on an off night would be nice like a Monday or a Thursday.

Yea I seen they are scoring like 75 points a game. They are so good even without Savanna, they play defense! They press and more importantly they can shoot the cover off the ball