West Tennessee Teams

sportsfan53ray

Just now, maddams said:

I really thought Dyersburg would be better this year. I know they are really young and they will be incredibly talented for the next two years. But I really expected more this season

With the Lady Trojans I think everyone would agree that they are a program on the path to greatness but it’s impossible to tell how long that path to greatness will take. It’s also worth pointing that they lost their only senior and have been starting three freshmen, one sophomore, and one junior who did not play last year. With that said, the games played are literally the only games this group has played together. However, the coaches at Dburg have played one of the tougher schedules in Class AAA while others in the district have taken a much easier path to district play. Going into last week their schedule strength was 23 out of 83 and that did not factor in their win over a Top 15 Graves County team. Anyone caught sleeping on the Lady Trojans in districts/regions could get caught by surprise. It’s no longer a matter of if but when. 

3 hours ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

With the Lady Trojans I think everyone would agree that they are a program on the path to greatness but it’s impossible to tell how long that path to greatness will take. It’s also worth pointing that they lost their only senior and have been starting three freshmen, one sophomore, and one junior who did not play last year. With that said, the games played are literally the only games this group has played together. However, the coaches at Dburg have played one of the tougher schedules in Class AAA while others in the district have taken a much easier path to district play. Going into last week their schedule strength was 23 out of 83 and that did not factor in their win over a Top 15 Graves County team. Anyone caught sleeping on the Lady Trojans in districts/regions could get caught by surprise. It’s no longer a matter of if but when. 

They are in a weaker District than usual. So they have a good chance to make hay this year. 

13 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Yeah we ran into that in Collierville against Sparkman, AL. I figured since y’all were going to Bartlett y’all would run into some size and a good team. Congratulations on a good win!! South Side is the team to beat in AAA for sure. I will say the Upperman’s, Livingston Academy’s, Greenville’s, White County’s, Elizabethton’s and Cumberland County’s of the world will be a challenge but South Side will be the toughest out in AAA IMO. I agree they will be double digit favorites through sub-state. Who y’all got in District 13-16 AAA going to state?? Dyer County got smoked by McNairy a couple of nights ago. Is it Crockett and Fayette Ware?? Didn’t Fayette Ware lose a couple of girls??

In my opinion that either side is down! It will a 14AA sweep. Us and South Gibson will battle it out for district and region championship. 

In D13-16AAA it’s a toss up, nobody is the clear favorite. I would personally say Crockett & Fayette Ware but neither is very good(imo) but the Memphis teams are down as well this year. So it’s a real toss up. FW did lose 3 of their better players. We watched them play against USJ at that tournament 

15 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

In my opinion that either side is down! It will a 14AA sweep. Us and South Gibson will battle it out for district and region championship. 

In D13-16AAA it’s a toss up, nobody is the clear favorite. I would personally say Crockett & Fayette Ware but neither is very good(imo) but the Memphis teams are down as well this year. So it’s a real toss up. FW did lose 3 of their better players. We watched them play against USJ at that tournament 

South Gibson for some reason something just don’t seem right. Their post set the bench for whatever reason I don’t know for a lot of the game we played last week. She wasn’t in major foul trouble for a lot of the time either. They are not playing as good as I thought they would. They may get hot but I do believe they miss the girl that quit for sure for one thing. McNairy beat Dyer County by almost 40. How did that happen?? South Gibson I do predict will play Creekwood for a trip to Murfreesboro and y’all will play at home against the 2nd place team, IMO. I thought early in the year they may give y’all a challenge but they have to play better to play with y’all. We also have to play better ourselves but I just thought they would be a little better than they are.

39 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

South Gibson for some reason something just don’t seem right. Their post set the bench for whatever reason I don’t know for a lot of the game we played last week. She wasn’t in major foul trouble for a lot of the time either. They are not playing as good as I thought they would. They may get hot but I do believe they miss the girl that quit for sure for one thing. McNairy beat Dyer County by almost 40. How did that happen?? South Gibson I do predict will play Creekwood for a trip to Murfreesboro and y’all will play at home against the 2nd place team, IMO. I thought early in the year they may give y’all a challenge but they have to play better to play with y’all. We also have to play better ourselves but I just thought they would be a little better than they are.

Yea they for some reason think they are ready for us! I heard from a few ppl that they truly can beat us….. I guess it’s 50/50… until them dogs are let loose lol. I agree as well the young lady that quit definitely hurt them bad…. But we welcomed her to South Side with open arms! 

I also had South Gibson & Creek Wood battling it out for at least a top 8 finish in AAA! We definitely can get better as well but I like where we are right now, we can only get better! Our girls are hungry! 

On 1/14/2023 at 12:46 PM, sportsfan53ray said:

Jerry Lott at McNairy got win number 900 last night in his 46th season. Guess he gonna try to coach til he is eighty.

Just proves longevity pays off sometimes.  This year’s schedule has to be the weakest in the history of high school basketball.  Only coach on the list with out a state championship. Only 1 of those 900 wins was at the state tournament.  Can’t win the big games.  Needs to hang it up 

9 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Yea they for some reason think they are ready for us! I heard from a few ppl that they truly can beat us….. I guess it’s 50/50… until them dogs are let loose lol. I agree as well the young lady that quit definitely hurt them bad…. But we welcomed her to South Side with open arms! 

I also had South Gibson & Creek Wood battling it out for at least a top 8 finish in AAA! We definitely can get better as well but I like where we are right now, we can only get better! Our girls are hungry! 

Only a couple teams in AAA have a shot at South Side. South Gibson is not one of those teams. 
South Gibson does have a shot to make a substate game and potentially a state tournament just based on region matchups. Looking at previous seasons on CoachT, South Gibson has never done that previously.

48 minutes ago, maddams said:

Only a couple teams in AAA have a shot at South Side. South Gibson is not one of those teams. 
South Gibson does have a shot to make a substate game and potentially a state tournament just based on region matchups. Looking at previous seasons on CoachT, South Gibson has never done that previously.

Livingston looks to be locked in! But just like last year you never count Upperman out. From 4th place to district, region champion! Then win the gold ball smh that’s tough. So my money is still with Upperman 

Yea possibly go on the road & beat weaker Creekwood team is doable. Not sure if they can get it done but just my opinion 

1 hour ago, Bobcats83 said:

Just proves longevity pays off sometimes.  This year’s schedule has to be the weakest in the history of high school basketball.  Only coach on the list with out a state championship. Only 1 of those 900 wins was at the state tournament.  Can’t win the big games.  Needs to hang it up 

Oh he will die at that place. I agree all them wins just to never win any meaningful game. 

13 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

13AA -16AA is way down I see it coming down to FW CC DC Dyersburg 

12 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Watched South Gibson twice they shoot the three ball really well other than that just average. South Side pressure will be to much for them