West Tennessee Teams

sportsfan53ray

3 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Knocks my socks off how little respect is offered to some who have earned it well. Hope that all's well in your end of J-town... really miss the old 15A days, and our old "say what you think and mean what you say" friend. 

Great to hear from you trader!  Yes, 19 average win per season is pretty strong when you consider the down years.  As a former Bobcat player from 80-84, I saw Jerry in action and have also coached against him.  As a player, he helped me one year when I had a little hitch in my shot.  Boys coach didnt catch it but Jerry did and he helped me correct it.  That’s a small example of how he has coached well over the years.  I’ve experienced what it takes to win a Gold Ball as we won in 2020.  You have to have all the pieces, post play, guard play and shooters.  I’m not sure he’s ever really had all the pieces to win it in AA.  Very few coaches ever win a Gold Ball.  I think his record proves his success and respect should be given.  His daughter played college ball at Lambuth so I think the negative comment on her was in poor taste.   There’s always a better coach out there!  Always!

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Bkbfan4ever said:

You and trader love it when people disagree with your opinions.  I don’t have a dog in the McNairy family and happen to agree with him not being able to win the big games. I’m a basketball junkie and have been to games all over.  I witnessed a home substate game where Marshal County annihilated them.  Lost to Camden in region semifinals, a team they’d beaten 3 times.  I witnessed a game in Nashville at DCA I believe, they played someone else, don’t remember who. And they made no adjustments. I wasn’t there but know they got blown out at Dyersburg by Liberty in region championship after beating them twice in a row and then lost at Manassas, a team I saw play that couldn’t shoot a lick, heard McNairy played man. 
Find another coach anywhere at any level who has won that many games and not won more than one state tournament game.  
I have no agree with Bobcats and yes I believe they can hire a better coach 

OK homer, I'll bite...I don't remember disagreeing with your opinion. Like I said, there's room to pick at what Lott does/has done record wise and in strategy. I also said that there are very few who knowledgeable fans can't critique in some way, but to replace them with a better option isn't a guarantee...it's more than likely going to go the other direction at a program where the pay-scale is way under the norm for even a below average program, and not even on the radar of the upper echelon coaching jobs. Good luck hiring a better coach than Lott, and good luck on keeping one there if they ever do.

Be careful what you wish for by wanting to run off a winning coach @ McNairy.  Just look a bit east at what Hardin County has gotten themselves into.  HC ran off an aging but decent coach in Ron Burnham and then failed in the hiring process to double down on it.  Now they are stuck with a young coach with only 2 years prior experience as an assistant head coaching for the HC boys team and a now struggling girls program with a grand total of 5 wins this season.

45 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

@HawkGuy06 Good to meet you last night my friend.  Those SS girls are for real.  I predict the gold ball comes back to Jackson.  

Nice to meet you as well. And I hope we get a clean sweep in West Tn. Y’all team is so smooth & well coached! It was a great atmosphere last night! 

A: Back to back state champs McKenzie High School 

AA: I hope it’s Gibson County or Westview but shoot Aloca & York is looking great. 

AAA: we came up short last year but we have to get it done this year! Livingston is looking like the contender but you can never count Upperman out. From 4th in district to district & region champs, then to go on & win it all. We are hungry! Revenge Year is amongst us! 

24 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Nice to meet you as well. And I hope we get a clean sweep in West Tn. Y’all team is so smooth & well coached! It was a great atmosphere last night! 

AA: I hope it’s Gibson County or Westview but shoot Aloca & York is looking great. 

AAA: we came up short last year but we have to get it done this year! Livingston is looking like the contender but you can never count Upperman out. From 4th in district to district & region champs, then to go on & win it all. We are hungry! Revenge Year is amongst us! 

Don’t count out Huntingdon just yet.

32 minutes ago, Waker said:

Don’t count out Huntingdon just yet.

Never counting anyone out, just my opinion. Huntington has everything to pull some upsets. I seen must all of A, AA, AAA play already just my eye test, which of course means nothing. Huntington is well coached & has a very nice roster. They have nice size & some shooters, if I remember correctly their guard play was weak. Has that improved any? 

1 hour ago, HawkGuy06 said:

I am afraid this is a what could have been year for McK.