West Tennessee Teams

sportsfan53ray

12 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

Unconfirmed, just what I was told.  Willie T called and wanted to play the guys.  Wilkins said no problem.  Wilkins said bring the girls as well, and Haskins said no.  I don't know if it is true or not.  Just what I was told. 

Yeah that’s not what happened. Westview boys didn’t play the last time when the girls did so this made up for that. Westview boys and girls were supposed to play Munford Saturday but that game got cancelled 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, sportslover88 said:

Yeah that’s not what happened. Westview boys didn’t play the last time when the girls did so this made up for that. Westview boys and girls were supposed to play Munford Saturday but that game got cancelled 

I asked some people I know in McKenzie and they said Munford game was canceled partially so McKenzie and Westview girls and boys could both play each other. They said McKenzie offered to come to Westview if it would sweeten the deal so the girls would play. But since Westview girls didn't have interest they ended up playing the single boys game @ McKenzie due to what you referenced earlier with football. I know McKenzie would have played though, if you look at the schedule rank CoachT puts out it has McKenzie listed with the #1 toughest schedule in the state. (I'm assuming by class??) I did notice Westview SOS on here has them ranked 49th toughest schedule in AA.... It definitely would have been a fun girls game to watch but oh well, everyone has different scheduling philosophies I guess... Good luck to all in the postseason, go represent West TN well!

Edited by thebenchwarmer

25 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Big win tonight @pioneer42 for Gibson County beating Huntington on the road & @VOLnWTN on McKenzie on winning tonight. 

Thank you Hawk it was a good win. Our girls kept grinding. Proud of all of them and all are special but our Freshman are just extra special. They just don’t play like Freshman and always give us a lift when we need it. You seen them against South Side earlier. They played well against y’all. Very poised and aggressive players. 

8 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

Thanks! We shot 53% 3 pt line.  67% in the first half.  Katie Chesser was 7 of 9 from 3pt.  It’s coming together i think. 

Y’all always shoot the cover off the ball! Y’all definitely getting healthy & jelling at the right time! Good luck the rest of the way & most importantly wish y’all well! 

9 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Thank you Hawk it was a good win. Our girls kept grinding. Proud of all of them and all are special but our Freshman are just extra special. They just don’t play like Freshman and always give us a lift when we need it. You seen them against South Side earlier. They played well against y’all. Very poised and aggressive players. 

Yea them 2 are definitely special that I seen when we played y’all. Good luck of course the rest of the way 

1 hour ago, ManOfMillions said:

I was shocked when I saw these scores from last night:

SGC-87

Northside-7

SSHS-64

Liberty-7

I can't even explain how this is possible.... Either game. 

In all reality South Gibson and South Side played their backups. I have seen Liberty and North Side. They can’t help what District they are in. You go watch Liberty and North Side and you will understand.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

In all reality South Gibson and South Side played their backups. I have seen Liberty and North Side. They can’t help what District they are in. You go watch Liberty and North Side and you will understand.

When I saw the score to the SGC game this afternoon I thought it was reported in error. Those kids deserve better!

27 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

When I saw the score to the SGC game this afternoon I thought it was reported in error. Those kids deserve better!

Not South Gibson or South Side’s fault. These backups deserve to be able to play too. They can’t just quit playing because North Side and Liberty are bad teams. Liberty didn’t even play regular season at all last year until Tournaments. Sounds like their are problems at the top of these schools with stuff like this going on. Sounds like they need to start working with their players at a young age. Got to have leaders. These 2nd and 3rd Stringers work hard and they are not going to not play just because another program is not active and don’t care.