West Tennessee Teams

sportsfan53ray

8 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Not South Gibson or South Side’s fault. These backups deserve to be able to play too. They can’t just quit playing because North Side and Liberty are bad teams. Liberty didn’t even play regular season at all last year until Tournaments. Sounds like their are problems at the top of these schools with stuff like this going on. Sounds like they need to start working with their players at a young age. Got to have leaders. These 2nd and 3rd Stringers work hard and they are not going to not play just because another program is not active and don’t care. 

Fair. I just hate it for the kids that have to go to school there. I hope the school system can get it corrected going forward. A lot of these kids that are there simply have no other option but to go there. 

24 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

Fair. I just hate it for the kids that have to go to school there. I hope the school system can get it corrected going forward. A lot of these kids that are there simply have no other option but to go there. 

I think it is a combination of two things. Interest in playing HS sports is down and leader problems. If you have both you are in trouble. And you have running clocks as well. These teams are not leaving starters in. These teams are just that bad. And I agree it is a sad deal for these teams. 

Edited by pioneer42

On 1/26/2023 at 11:37 PM, thebenchwarmer said:

I asked some people I know in McKenzie and they said Munford game was canceled partially so McKenzie and Westview girls and boys could both play each other. They said McKenzie offered to come to Westview if it would sweeten the deal so the girls would play. But since Westview girls didn't have interest they ended up playing the single boys game @ McKenzie due to what you referenced earlier with football. I know McKenzie would have played though, if you look at the schedule rank CoachT puts out it has McKenzie listed with the #1 toughest schedule in the state. (I'm assuming by class??) I did notice Westview SOS on here has them ranked 49th toughest schedule in AA.... It definitely would have been a fun girls game to watch but oh well, everyone has different scheduling philosophies I guess... Good luck to all in the postseason, go represent West TN well!

Can't put a lot of stock in SOS and quality of a team. WV 47th and Jackson South Side 52nd. Now that'd be the game that I'd pay to see, but I'd venture to say that only a few would actually want to play. 

It's getting tournament time and the SOS/Rankings will be resolved. The rest is just fluff for us to talk about among the fanbases. 

44 minutes ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

Can't put a lot of stock in SOS and quality of a team. WV 47th and Jackson South Side 52nd. Now that'd be the game that I'd pay to see, but I'd venture to say that only a few would actually want to play. 

It's getting tournament time and the SOS/Rankings will be resolved. The rest is just fluff for us to talk about among the fanbases. 

Yea I don’t ever care about a number in front of your name! We have been #1 a few times & loss, we have not ranked & won some games. Point is who cares, beat your opponent & end the year #1! SOS is a complete joke. Best team we have played was a Missouri team & an Alabama team wit 3 D1 players. Nobody we played was beating them but who cares win when it matters & the true #1 will be crowned March 11, 2023! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

When I saw the score to the SGC game this afternoon I thought it was reported in error. Those kids deserve better!

Unfortunately both programs are down.  Northcut is a good coach.  He really wanted to coach awfully bad to take that job.  
Liberty hasn’t been good in any sport for awhile.  
Both teams are just awful and I’m sure SS and SG did everything they could 

On 1/17/2023 at 2:51 AM, tradertwo said:

OK homer, I'll bite...I don't remember disagreeing with your opinion. Like I said, there's room to pick at what Lott does/has done record wise and in strategy. I also said that there are very few who knowledgeable fans can't critique in some way, but to replace them with a better option isn't a guarantee...it's more than likely going to go the other direction at a program where the pay-scale is way under the norm for even a below average program, and not even on the radar of the upper echelon coaching jobs. Good luck hiring a better coach than Lott, and good luck on keeping one there if they ever do.

Nope, it’s not a guarantee but new blood is needed. No state tournament appearances since 1993 and only 1 state tournament win before that.  

6 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

I was shocked when I saw these scores from last night:

SGC-87

Northside-7

SSHS-64

Liberty-7

I can't even explain how this is possible.... Either game. 

I thought moving the South Gibson/North Side game from North Side down side to North Parkway was a good idea. Heading south towards the equator will hopefully will get the girls hot, and boy, I was wrong. In all seriousness I don't know why they moved the game, something must have happened to North Side's gym.

It's a JMCSS issue. But as long as South Side girls is thriving in basketball, all is good in Jackson. I don't know if it'll get fixed either because I don't think JMCSS cares about all four schools. They're obsessed with South Side and JCM, but can honestly careless about the other 3 schools. 

JCM girls are 11-10, but none of their 11 wins are against good teams. So, they're like some football teams where they're beating bad teams, and getting destroyed by good teams.

North Side & Liberty will likely both finish winless, Madison and JCM are both beating bad teams but getting beat bad by good teams.

They don't have the talent. But even if they do, I don't know if they were going to put the work like South Side and Gibson County (among others) would do.

35 minutes ago, Bobcats83 said:

Unfortunately both programs are down.  Northcut is a good coach.  He really wanted to coach awfully bad to take that job.  
Liberty hasn’t been good in any sport for awhile.  
Both teams are just awful and I’m sure SS and SG did everything they could 

I don't care if Northcut is losing the games, but the results are the same as the previous head coaches. I know he can coach, I've seen that. However, the team totals of 15-25 is getting old. I would expect some progression now. May not necessarily be wins, but I would expect them to find a way to scrap 40-45 points off the board, and lose games by 10-20 points, not lose by 38 to West Carroll.

21 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I don't care if Northcut is losing the games, but the results are the same as the previous head coaches. I know he can coach, I've seen that. However, the team totals of 15-25 is getting old. I would expect some progression now. May not necessarily be wins, but I would expect them to find a way to scrap 40-45 points off the board, and lose games by 10-20 points, not lose by 38 to West Carroll.

I’ve seen them play.  Not wanting to put down the talent but they don’t have any.  Couldn’t score 40 against anyone other than Liberty 

1 hour ago, TryNotToSuck said:

He is going to a gun fight with a cap gun. It is bad. 

Edited by pioneer42