West Tennessee Teams

sportsfan53ray

Just now, sportslover88 said:

Well Westview won’t be playing Gibson Co or Huntington in a do or die game in regions now……

I said before the game...the loser of this one has the easier path. GC was lighting it up and WV needed that pressure off of them. It's been 3 or 4 years since they lost a home game and a loss isn't always a bad thing...as long as it isn't at the wrong time. GC played well. My hats off to them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

Congrats to Gibson County for winning the District Championship. Awesome game and great shooting. I have a feeling these teams will see each other again.....soon. WV needed that loss and it's only fitting that GC gave it to us tonight.

Starting to feel like the old days again....Good job Lady Pioneers. 

46 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

Well Westview won’t be playing Gibson Co or Huntington in a do or die game in regions now……

Appreciate it. Our girls played really hard both games in this Tournament and gave their all Proud of them!! They are playing really well right now with a lot of confidence. It is always great to stop a streak and knock an undefeated team off Our girls have played Westview pretty well this year but until tonight our shots weren’t falling. We hit a lot of shots tonight. Westview has had a great run with their streak. I am glad we ended it. Will give our girls a ton of confidence going forward in our quest for a Gold Ball. Good luck the rest of the way. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Appreciate it. Our girls played really hard both games in this Tournament and gave their all Proud of them!! They are playing really well right now with a lot of confidence. It is always great to stop a streak and knock an undefeated team off Our girls have played Westview pretty well this year but until tonight our shots weren’t falling. We hit a lot of shots tonight. Westview has had a great run with their streak. I am glad we ended it. Will give our girls a ton of confidence going forward in our quest for a Gold Ball. Good luck the rest of the way. 

It was a exciting game to watch. Hart hit dagger after dagger. Big time player in a big time game. It’s impressive to see all of those girls at the end of the game step up and hit big free throws. Great atmosphere.

1 minute ago, Waker said:

It was a exciting game to watch. Hart hit dagger after dagger. Big time player in a big time game. It’s impressive to see all of those girls at the end of the game step up and hit big free throws. Great atmosphere.

Appreciate it. Very proud of our girls. They all played well. We have all been blessed  throughout the years watching GC girls play basketball. 

• Like 1

Trinity Christian and USJ, two schools separated by about 2 miles, travel to Memphis and tear the house down in front of a standing room only crowd at Harding Academy tonight. TCA ends the 10 game winning streak of the Bruins, since Jan. 6, 2023 and avenge two previous defeats by a score of 38-34. The defending Ms Basketball in D2, Olivia Lee, took over and dominated second half play with a game high 19 points. The TCA defense was smothering all night long.It was a landmark victory for TCA tonight as they won their 100th game as a member of D2 in just under 4 full years. Here is a link to the replay of all the action tonight. I hope you enjoy my call of the game.

https://fb.watch/iNrW2ilrwK/

Edited by ReitzFan

I just wish there's a way to eliminate "unnecessary travel" when it comes to Region games. As Reitz mentioned about, USJ and TCA played in Memphis tonight at Harding Academy. I just wish there's a way Harding Academy, JCS (or another school in Jackson), and the TSSAA can find a way to reach an agreement to move the game to another location that's closer to the two schools that are playing. While doing that, give Harding Academy both 60% of the gate and 60% of the concession stand sales so they aren't treated wrong or anything.  The school that host the game receives the rest of the money. I just thought of this idea recently, but I think it's a win/win to eliminate long and unnecessary travel. Obviously, there would have to be a few agreements and all.

12 minutes ago, westtn12 said:

Would a team throw a game to avoid being in a certain bracket? 

It 100% depends on the coaches morality. I’ve seen it happen blatantly and sometimes in a less obvious way. Ex: coaches just sitting there doing no coaching or encouragement and getting technicals or subbing at inopportune times. In certain districts and regions it can and will benefit certain teams if you know you can’t beat a certain team in a win or go home situation they just run to the other bracket. I’ve seen HOF coaches do it and I’ve seen amateur coaches do it too. I just couldn’t live with myself if I was telling kids not to give 100%, it tells me they don’t have 100% faith in their players. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts22
  • Like 2