West Tennessee Teams

sportsfan53ray

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Gleason and Greenfield will have their hands full with Dresden and Peabody in that Region. I predict Peabody and Dresden to win their Districts. South Fulton may be competitive as well. Greenfield and Gleason another two teams that will be better by end of the year with some new starters. 

I'm a Lion fan to the core. But honestly here, McKenzie beat Huntingdon by bunches. Huntingdon beat Dresden by bunches.

The Dresden teams are far out of sync as is. It's better to be hot at playoff time than now, the girls proved last year they can do it & only lost one to graduation I believe?? But, the rather unorganized play makes it hard to see them as State potential right now. They are going to have to learn how to break a press. Every single game it's like they've never seen one before with coach in meltdown on the sideline. 

Gleason, Greenfield, Dresden; all neighbors, always play each other like its their last game on earth with fans packing the stands. Can't wait to see how DHS responds to those games, get it together and start marching toward the playoffs. They will be scary good if it all falls together. 

1 hour ago, SpottedGoat said:

I'm a Lion fan to the core. But honestly here, McKenzie beat Huntingdon by bunches. Huntingdon beat Dresden by bunches.

The Dresden teams are far out of sync as is. It's better to be hot at playoff time than now, the girls proved last year they can do it & only lost one to graduation I believe?? But, the rather unorganized play makes it hard to see them as State potential right now. They are going to have to learn how to break a press. Every single game it's like they've never seen one before with coach in meltdown on the sideline. 

Gleason, Greenfield, Dresden; all neighbors, always play each other like its their last game on earth with fans packing the stands. Can't wait to see how DHS responds to those games, get it together and start marching toward the playoffs. They will be scary good if it all falls together. 

I think it comes down to Gleason and Dresden in that District. The loser will play Peabody in the Region for a trip to substate, IMO. McKenzie, Wayne County, Pickett County, Clarkrange…..will all be tough sledding for whoever on down the road. 

11 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Gleason and Greenfield will have their hands full with Dresden and Peabody in that Region. I predict Peabody and Dresden to win their Districts. South Fulton may be competitive as well. Greenfield and Gleason another two teams that will be better by end of the year with some new starters. 

Peabody is well coached and they have athletes that are young, but very good and fast. To me, Dresden's biggest problem is the coach. He appears to get overwhelmed in the moment and he relies too much on one player. He's always coached that way when he's had a team with multiple athletes. Either way, I think Mckenzie and Wayne County are the 2 favorites in Class A. 

1 hour ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

Peabody is well coached and they have athletes that are young, but very good and fast. To me, Dresden's biggest problem is the coach. He appears to get overwhelmed in the moment and he relies too much on one player. He's always coached that way when he's had a team with multiple athletes. Either way, I think Mckenzie and Wayne County are the 2 favorites in Class A. 

I agree with Wayne County and McKenzie. I think that the Pickett County, Clarkrange District will be more of a threat than Peabody and Dresden. Huntland is a team we need to keep an eye on as well. They are a really good team. We played them at Bethel Camp and they are off to a good start. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I agree with Wayne County and McKenzie. I think that the Pickett County, Clarkrange District will be more of a threat than Peabody and Dresden. Huntland is a team we need to keep an eye on as well. They are a really good team. We played them at Bethel Camp and they are off to a good start. 

Do you know what Moore Co brings back this year. I remember they gave Mck. a very good game in the sectional last year. Also Houston Co. brings back a lot this year as well they will be tough.

14 hours ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

Absolutely.

6 hours ago, RexKwonDo said:

Do you know what Moore Co brings back this year. I remember they gave Mck. a very good game in the sectional last year. Also Houston Co. brings back a lot this year as well they will be tough.

Don’t know but they played Loretto pretty tough early on. I seen them in Murfreesboro this summer. They are definitely a pretty good team. Just don’t who they have back. Houston County as well. Don’t know much about them.

On 12/7/2022 at 11:43 AM, pioneer42 said:

Peabody gets beat by a 3A team that South Fulton beat 2 days before by 24. Looks to be a good fight for that region as well. 

2 hours ago, RedDevil23 said:

Peabody gets beat by a 3A team that South Fulton beat 2 days before by 24. Looks to be a good fight for that region as well. 

Just seen the Obion County results. South Fulton and Dresden could very well fight for the top of the District. Their District will be the most competitive as it was last year. Peabody will roll through theirs, IMO. South Fulton playing Libscomb Academy tommorow I see. They were runner up in the state in the upper private section last year. Very good team we played this summer. Last year Gleason and Dresden both made state so you never know how that will work out. 

Peabody team is not playing good right now… have won several games and  close to beating several good teams but can’t pull it out.. I think this team gets better down the stretch as always but nothing is gonna be easy in the region. I believe top teams right now are 1. South Fulton, 2. dresden, 3. Peabody, 4.  greenfield then 5. Gleason in that order in the region. Peabody could be the best but they gotta come along and find something on the offensive end. 

1 hour ago, BaBaBaBa said:

Peabody team is not playing good right now… have won several games and  close to beating several good teams but can’t pull it out.. I think this team gets better down the stretch as always but nothing is gonna be easy in the region. I believe top teams right now are 1. South Fulton, 2. dresden, 3. Peabody, 4.  greenfield then 5. Gleason in that order in the region. Peabody could be the best but they gotta come along and find something on the offensive end. 

South Fulton just took Lipscomb Academy to the wire, Led by 4 with 1:30 left. Lost by or 4 but man what a great performance against last years AA Private sector runner up. Looks like they are for real. Dresden with their hands full in that District. 

53 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

South Fulton just took Lipscomb Academy to the wire, Led by 4 with 1:30 left. Lost by or 4 but man what a great performance against last years AA Private sector runner up. Looks like they are for real. Dresden with their hands full in that District. 

That was a good match up. Both teams should learn from that game.