West Tennessee Teams

sportsfan53ray

1 hour ago, VOLnWTN said:

That three by Kylie Reynolds was a dagger.  Fantastic ballgame. 

Yeah and one more thing. I hope I never see the ref crew again this year. Both sides. Both McKenzie and Gibson County game deserve a better crew than this bunch. Same at y’all’s place. Crew was bad there as well. 

Edited by pioneer42

4 hours ago, TrickyD said:

Watched SG twice if it’s only 12 they would have to shoot 75% from 3. We both know that’s not happening.

Well, it was within 2 and we went 3 for 18 from behind the arch. If, we were able to hit just a few more of the 3's tonight we would have won the contest. SG is going to have to clean up the silly turnovers. Just silly one that really let SS control the game. We had our best big in foul trouble all night long and got to ride the pine for most of the game. I have not watch any other games from SS this year so I do not what to compare it to but, they are a speedy team that will really, really make you pay in transition. #1 will shoot the lights out of the gym! That little girl is tough! She has great ball skills and moves through a defense with ease. I hope she is senior! I am proud of our girls from SG. They played a hard, clean game and had a chance to win it! Nobody gave them even a minutes of chance to win the game. This group of girls has gelled together pretty good and seem to only be getting better. I am not going to complain about the refs.( we can barely field officials now because of the way they are treated )  Both sides got some crap calls. It happens in every game, at every level. Congrats to the lady Hawks on the win. Y'all have a great team. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ManOfMillions said:

Well, it was within 2 and we went 3 for 18 from behind the arch. If, we were able to hit just a few more of the 3's tonight we would have won the contest. SG is going to have to clean up the silly turnovers. Just silly one that really let SS control the game. We had our best big in foul trouble all night long and got to ride the pine for most of the game. I have not watch any other games from SS this year so I do not what to compare it to but, they are a speedy team that will really, really make you pay in transition. #1 will shoot the lights out of the gym! That little girl is tough! She has great ball skills and moves through a defense with ease. I hope she is senior! I am proud of our girls from SG. They played a hard, clean game and had a chance to win it! Nobody gave them even a minutes of chance to win the game. This group of girls has gelled together pretty good and seem to only be getting better. I am not going to complain about the refs.( we can barely field officials now because of the way they are treated )  Both sides got some crap calls. It happens in every game, at every level. Congrats to the lady Hawks on the win. Y'all have a great team. 

South Gibson I have said before season started they would be good. I thought they would play Gibson County better honestly in both games. Think they have the right coach in place there. Just think they have to be mentally tougher and learn to win big games. They have good players and they work really hard. I seen these girls working in the old Solus Building in Jackson with Jeremy Vonner when they were jn Junior High. Very hard working bunch. I think they will be in Murfreesboro as well as South Side. South Side has beat some big time teams bad this year. When you are undefeated these games tend to happen some. South Side with a good win when they obviously didn’t play their best. Probably a good game for both teams. For South Gibson you are a good team and maybe this will give you more confidence that is needed. And South Side that you have to pay attention to detail every possession because you are undefeated and teams will be gunning for you. A good wake up call for them and they didn’t lose the game. 

Edited by pioneer42

23 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

South Gibson I have said before season started they would be good. I thought they would play Gibson County better honestly in both games. Think they have the right coach in place there. Just think they have to be mentally tougher and learn to win big games. They have good players and they work really hard. I seen these girls working in the old Solus Building in Jackson with Jeremy Vonner when they were jn Junior High. Very hard working bunch. I think they will be in Murfreesboro as well as South Side. South Side has beat some big time teams bad this year. When you are undefeated these games tend to happen some. South Side with a good win when they obviously didn’t play their best. Probably a good game for both teams. For South Gibson you are a good team and maybe this will give you more confidence that is needed. And South Side that you have to pay attention to detail every possession because you are undefeated and teams will be gunning for you. A good wake up call for them and they didn’t lose the game. 

Correct me if I am wrong but, I am pretty sure you brought up the point about the 3's. " nail, hammer, bang! " you called it correctly. From what I gather this was a horrible 3 night for our girls..... 3 for 18 will not get it done when you are playing a top team.....  

32 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Yea it was much needed, we played terrible. But it was a good wake up call for us. We will rebound tomorrow & practice hard & watch film & learn from it. 

1 minute ago, ManOfMillions said:

Correct me if I am wrong but, I am pretty sure you brought up the point about the 3's. " nail, hammer, bang! " you called it correctly. From what I gather this was a horrible 3 night for our girls..... 3 for 18 will not get it done when you are playing a top team.....  

just think South Gibson needs to attack the rim more and work the post player the ball some. You have to get some penetration in the paint from your guard up top to open up the three’s as well as getting the ball inside to at least draw a crowd to kick it back out. We played them twice and they didn’t do neither of these much. If you want to shoot three’s which they do and have good shooters you want to shoot more uncontested one’s than they do. Allen can create her own shot as well as Lily. They play a pretty good man to man defense. I think they can make a good run. I believe they make it to Murfreesboro. I think they will go to Creekwood and beat them in the substate. I don’t think they beat South Side in the Region Finals. They played them at least three times this summer and beat them a couple of times.