West Tennessee Teams

sportsfan53ray

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

In all honesty it really didn’t matter who won the game last night as far as District Tournament seeding goes. Liberty and North Side is a running clock for each however each is seeded for District Tournament. The District Tournament Championship game will be a little more important on who probably has to play McNairy County in semis of the Region but that Region is a step down from either of these two teams. Both will make state IMO. Region Champion will be home and runner up on the road to Creekwood in substate who South Gibson is real familiar with. 

I am not so sure about McNairy, Chester County beat them last night in Chester. The district is in South Gibson & region is at Chester, so Chester could beat them again at home. 

12 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

I can promise you that you got us on a very bad night! We still won but our 3 best players didn’t play well! #2 missed shots that she normally makes in her sleep, #4 was in foul trouble(usually double double every night) #1 usually hit 3-5 3 pointers a night on had 2 tonight. #14 only had like 2 points & usually have 8-15. So yea consider it a gift it was this close tonight. I hope you can make it to South Side so we really can show you how we play. 

I have heard that from several folks. Again, I have never watched them play before so I do not have anything to compare.... I am just glad it was an injury free game. What a game to watch! One of the better girls high school basketball games I have watched in a while. 

40 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

I am not so sure about McNairy, Chester County beat them last night in Chester. The district is in South Gibson & region is at Chester, so Chester could beat them again at home. 

The other District is just not as good as South Side and South Gibson providing all are healthy. Now Creekwood and didn’t you say Murfreesboro Central or ??? are the teams projected in the substate?? Creekwood is a team that is definitely a step up from Region play. I do think whoever has to go to Creekwood will have a tougher game. My projection will be South Side playing a home substate game and South Gibson on the road. But we will see how it unfolds. Big question is has the light switch turned on for South Gibson and are they becoming the contender we all thought they would be?? We shall see. I think they are well coached and have enough talent to make a good run. The big question is can they get mentally tougher and finish some of these big games not necessarily South Side but some of these others?? They have a history of losing more big games or the hype games than they win. Still think South Side is a different animal. South Gibson just has to ride the momentum of playing well against South Side and hopefully making a great run and seeing y’all on a big stage if all works out for both. 

Edited by pioneer42

5 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

The other District is just not as good as South Side and South Gibson providing all are healthy. Now Creekwood and didn’t you say Murfreesboro Central or ??? are the teams projected in the substate?? Creekwood is a team that is definitely a step up from Region play. I do think whoever has to go to Creekwood will have a tougher game. My projection will be South Side playing a home substate game amd South Gibson on the road. But we will see how it unfolds. Big question is has the light switch turned on for South Gibson and are they becoming the contender we all thought they would be?? We shall see. I think they are well coached and have enough talent to make a good run. The big question is can they get mentally tougher and finish some of these big games not necessarily South Side but some of these others?? They have a history of losing more big games or the hype games than they win. Still think South Side is a different animal. South Gibson just has to ride the momentum of playing well against South Side and hopefully making a great run and seeing y’all on a big stage of all works out for both. 

Yea Creekwood & Murfreesboro Central are the teams to beat across the river. I have us & South Gibson at state as well! But we shall see I guess. That Burgess is good but I hardly doubt 1 person can beat a team of 5. It’s just my opinion but hey that’s why I am a fan & not a coach I guess lol. 

Edited by HawkGuy06

8 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

I have heard that from several folks. Again, I have never watched them play before so I do not have anything to compare.... I am just glad it was an injury free game. What a game to watch! One of the better girls high school basketball games I have watched in a while. 

Amen to that injury free part! Yea it was definitely a good game to watch just before district tournament starts! Glad you enjoyed & hopefully you get to see more very soon. 

31 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Yea Creekwood & Murfreesboro Central are the teams to beat across the river. I have us & South Gibson at state as well! But we shall see I guess. That Burgess is good but I hardly doubt 1 person can beat a team of 5. It’s just my opinion but hey that’s why I am a fan & not a coach I guess lol. 

It is what it is Hawk. We all have an opinion and watch games and see what happens. Will be interesting to see how all unfolds. Think when you have several good teams even some better than others some nights  one team plays better than the other and it evens out some. You take a knucklehead ref or two and throw them in the mix and you have a coin flip at the end. That is the reason everyone preaches for these kids to work and condition as much as possible even a lot on their own time  to prepare for adversity because it is coming for all. Have to be mentally tough to make that stop and stay poised at the end up 1 or 2. It is that time of year. 

1 minute ago, pioneer42 said:

It is what it is Hawk. We all have an opinion and watch games and see what happens. Will be interesting to see how all unfolds. Think when you have several good teams even some better than others some nights  one team plays better than the other and it evens out some. You take a knucklehead ref or two and throw them in the mix and you have a coin flip at the end. That is the reason everyone preaches for these kids to work and condition as much as possible even a lot on their own time  to prepare for adversity because it is coming for all. Have to be mentally tough to make that stop and stay poised at the end up 1 or 2. It is that time of year. 

That’s it there! 

4 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

It definitely was a good game. We definitely played our worst game of the year, we have played teams with 6’1 6’2 players & made all the shots we missed last night. And South Gibson doesn’t have any post defenders that normally are shot blockers. It was just one of them nights, the rematch at home will be much different! 

yea our boys are all freshman & sophomores, so they play hard just don’t have the experience. But boy they can go when everything is clicking! Nobody in the district or region is any good this year, so who knows how the season will end! Get hot at the right time & see how it plays out 

south Gibson and South Side will play 3 more times and everybody knows that is a given. Can south Side beat the same pretty good team 4 teams?  Probably.

The boys... after last night, I have to say North Side is the favorite on this side. Havent seen any teams from the other side. 

24 minutes ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

south Gibson and South Side will play 3 more times and everybody knows that is a given. Can south Side beat the same pretty good team 4 teams?  Probably.

The boys... after last night, I have to say North Side is the favorite on this side. Havent seen any teams from the other side. 

Element of surprise… we never know. We better handle business from here on out! 

on the boys side everybody except North Side has a losing record. But North Side took a blow, their best player quite right before Christmas break. So it’s still wide open on our weak district 

30 minutes ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

I like what South Side boys did last night. They are coming along right on pace.