West Tennessee Teams

sportsfan53ray

17 minutes ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

That's awesome. Savannah and Jada Harrison with the Lady Blue Raiders. Both great pick ups by MTSU. 

33 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

image.thumb.png.73c8bf42ec628c7e729e61f5146a5648.png

She is an awesome player. I think McKenzie will find a way to hoist the Gold Ball this year. She really took the game over at Gibson County. Her and Micah Hart really put on a show. 

8 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Not South Gibson or South Side’s fault. These backups deserve to be able to play too. They can’t just quit playing because North Side and Liberty are bad teams. Liberty didn’t even play regular season at all last year until Tournaments. Sounds like their are problems at the top of these schools with stuff like this going on. Sounds like they need to start working with their players at a young age. Got to have leaders. These 2nd and 3rd Stringers work hard and they are not going to not play just because another program is not active and don’t care. 

Not throwing shade at M.O.M (or anyone else specific), but too many people look at lopsided scores as if the better team was trying to embarrass the losers. Every odd blue moon a talented group of kids randomly come together and a school has a decent 2 or 3 year run, but consistently good programs are good because they work at it, and that includes playing younger players when you get the opportunity. Those bench players work just as hard in the gym as the starters with very little "payoff" of in game competition. The last thing they want to hear is to get in the game and be told to go half speed or not score in order to keep the game "respectable"...it doesn't develop your program and it isn't fair to the kids. I've been critical of coaches who play starters or full court press when the game is out of reach myself, but that's a whole different animal than when a very good team beats a very bad team by a wide margin with the sub's in.

Edited by tradertwo
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Not throwing shade at M.O.M (or anyone else specific), but too many people look at lopsided scores as if the better team was trying to embarrass the losers. Every odd blue moon a talented group of kids randomly come together and a school has a decent 2 or 3 year run, but consistently good programs are good because they work at it, and that includes playing younger players when you get the opportunity. Those bench players work just as hard in the gym as the starters with very little "payoff" of in game competition. The last thing they want to hear is to get in the game and be told to go half speed or not score in order to keep the game "respectable"...it doesn't develop your program and it isn't fair to the kids. I've been critical of coaches who play starters or full court press when the game is out of reach myself, but that's a whole different animal than when a very good team beats a very bad team by a wide margin with the sub's in.

I agree 100%. I don’t know what is going on in some of these schools with HS sports but I agree you can’t ask the kids to not give effort. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jaychapman said:

Lots of the time when winning by 40+ and playing everybody but the managers the top players only play a quarter or so that means their stats are diminished therefore lessening their career goals so kinda a two edged sword 

Reason I say when looking at Miss Basketball need to look at big games for the very reason you just said. Lot of star players set for three quarters and these games are pretty frequent these days especially in certain Districts. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I agree 100%. I don’t know what is going on in some of these schools with HS sports but I agree you can’t ask the kids to not give effort. 

I am curious Poineer,  what would you think of say Gibson county being up 36 with 3 minutes left and still pressing with Micah Hart still in the game with a running clock?    Curious because I saw that this season.  I know what I thought, she only had 7 points after 3 quarters, so coach left her in to get hers.    

Edited by HCHSladyPats

27 minutes ago, HCHSladyPats said:

I am curious Poineer,  what would you think of say Gibson county being up 36 with 3 minutes left and still pressing with Micah Hart still in the game with a running clock?    Curious because I saw that this season.  I know what I thought, she only had 7 points after 3 quarters, so coach left her in to get hers.    

He was actually mad at them for the way they played earlier in the week against McKenzie and nearly his whole team had been sick and players missed games the second or third week and just wasn’t playing good. I know what game you are talking about. Keep in mind Gibson County only has about 3 or 4 girls that are not in the rotation. We only have about 12 varsity players right now. But I don’t think a school like Henry County with 1322 kids and a really good 6 foot post ought to let a team with 451 kids push them around either. I am sorry if you think we beat up on y’all too bad. I will tell coach next time we play Henry County that their fans feel like we are beating up on them and to stop it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

He was actually mad at them for the way they played earlier in the week against McKenzie and nearly his whole team had been sick and players missed games the second or third week and just wasn’t playing good. I know what game you are talking about. Keep in mind Gibson County only has about 3 or 4 girls that are not in the rotation. We only have about 12 varsity players right now. But I don’t think a school like Henry County with 1322 kids and a really good 6 foot post ought to let a team with 451 kids push them around either. I am sorry if you think we beat up on y’all too bad. I will tell coach next time we play Henry County that their fans feel like we are beating up on them and to stop it. 

:D

2 hours ago, HCHSladyPats said:

If you go back and look on Hudl, it's clear that GC very rarely ,if ever, takes Hart out.  I've seen a couple games where she had multiple if not double digit turnovers and still stayed in the game. But there are a couple players you can clearly see makes one error and he pulls out quickly.  And from what I've seen Wilkins doesn't throw the bench in until they get around 40 or more ahead and always leaves at least 1 varsity player in. I forsee alot of rough years for gc in the future. Can't be developing players with that little time invested in the average players. 

35 minutes ago, Opm91 said:

If you go back and look on Hudl, it's clear that GC very rarely ,if ever, takes Hart out.  I've seen a couple games where she had multiple if not double digit turnovers and still stayed in the game. But there are a couple players you can clearly see makes one error and he pulls out quickly.  And from what I've seen Wilkins doesn't throw the bench in until they get around 40 or more ahead and always leaves at least 1 varsity player in. I forsee alot of rough years for gc in the future. Can't be developing players with that little time invested in the average players. 

Who do they beat bad enough to take Hart out??? They play one of the toughest schedules in the state. Union City game he played his bench early and often. They just don’t have a ton of opportunities. He plays his JV a bunch throughout the year. I go to most every game they play throughout the year and I tend to tell it like it is more than most but GC getting accused of running the score up and padding Micah’s stats is not accurate. Micah and GC gives all their teammates multiple opportunities to score as well. 

Edited by pioneer42

And how soon was she or the kther highest scoring varsity player out against Union city? #13?  You do have a much tougher schedule from last year from what I can tell, but only playing your bench for the last minute and a half or less when you're up by 30+ is the exact reason why  people view it as helping her pad stats.  If you're playing a team that you know you're gonna beat by 30+, why not take her out as soon as you get to 20 over?  Especially if it's only around 6 games a year.  And not just GC....several teams do the same.