West Tennessee Teams

sportsfan53ray

19 hours ago, TrickyD said:

Pressing with 20 point lead is ok in first half but I’ve seen teams pressing with 20 point lead in 4th quarter which I don’t 

On 1/31/2023 at 9:32 PM, pioneer42 said:

Do you think the backups need to just not do what the starters do when they play?? You think they should should not be aggressive at all?? Pretty obvious you got a problem with GC and that is fine. Things never go exactly perfect in any program. I will tell you this. No matter how much and how tough situations got when mine was playing I taught her to be mentally tough and never talked bad about the coach. We never had discussions blaming coaches for anything. When we had bad days it was never someone else’s fault that is for sure. 

Agree with the statement about pressing vs 1st and 4th qtr. Big difference. And like letsgobrandon said, just a personal opinion and play style/sportsmanship choice. Just because someone offers up constructive criticism of a team or instance, doesn't mean they have "something against" anyone. No need to feel so defensive when we are all just stating opinions. I love to see JV be aggressive but at the same time, utilize that 20+ lead to work on other things. You can still be aggressive without pressing. I'm sure they play plenty of JV games where they can focus on that. 

Peabody girls keep rollin along picking up another district win last night at Humboldt to stay undefeated in district play! Looking for them to win the district again and battle it out in region for a trip to the boro! I expect it to be them, dresden and south Fulton for the trip! Coach Hart has both his teams playing some of the best basketball down the stretch again! Roll Tide!

Good luck to GC tonight vs Westview also! 

On 2/2/2023 at 1:18 PM, Opm91 said:

Agree with the statement about pressing vs 1st and 4th qtr. Big difference. And like letsgobrandon said, just a personal opinion and play style/sportsmanship choice. Just because someone offers up constructive criticism of a team or instance, doesn't mean they have "something against" anyone. No need to feel so defensive when we are all just stating opinions. I love to see JV be aggressive but at the same time, utilize that 20+ lead to work on other things. You can still be aggressive without pressing. I'm sure they play plenty of JV games where they can focus on that. 

Most are running clocks even in 3rd q now if both coaches agree-  so time goes by pretty fast so let Em play ( if team can’t play fairly equally w freshman and they still got starters in they’re no good answers ) 

On 2/2/2023 at 1:18 PM, Opm91 said:

GC presses all the time. That is what they do. You have your opinion. Just don’t agree with it. No hard feelings. JV needs to play like varsity to get live game reps every chance they get. Varsity also needs to get their minutes because they only play twice a week. Hard to get ready for a Westview or a Huntingdon with varsity setting on the bench a lot of the game, regardless of the lead. 

28 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

Most are running clocks even in 3rd q now if both coaches agree-  so time goes by pretty fast so let Em play ( if team can’t play fairly equally w freshman and they still got starters in they’re no good answers ) 

I agree 110%. They don’t deserve to get in the game and not play the system. 

1 hour ago, BaBaBaBa said:

Peabody girls keep rollin along picking up another district win last night at Humboldt to stay undefeated in district play! Looking for them to win the district again and battle it out in region for a trip to the boro! I expect it to be them, dresden and south Fulton for the trip! Coach Hart has both his teams playing some of the best basketball down the stretch again! Roll Tide!

Good luck to GC tonight vs Westview also! 

Appreciate it. Both are great programs with tons of history and tradition. Will be a battle. Good luck to Peabody as well in their quest for a Gold Ball!!

Edited by pioneer42