West Tennessee Teams

sportsfan53ray

On 12/6/2022 at 6:31 AM, sportsfan53ray said:

No doubt South Side best in 3A. Hope McNairy can improve to challenge South Gibson in the Region tournament. Several girls played softball all summer. Freshman starter at guard is a high level softball prospect. Only true post is a sophomore playing behind seniors. Team should improve with experience. Also have reigning district MVP.

McNairy district is weak. Not a good team in the bunch.  They certainly can’t compete with SS and I don’t see them playing with S Gibson either 

21 hours ago, Bkbfan4ever said:

McNairy district is weak. Not a good team in the bunch.  They certainly can’t compete with SS and I don’t see them playing with S Gibson either 

I've watched several of those schools from that district and you are 100% right about no one being able to touch SS. I haven't seen SG but I've heard from several that they are not playing up to what was expected as of right now.  I do think under the right circumstances that if SG isn't playing up to expectations and McNairy improves then those two could compete against each other. I'm was really shocked at how weak the McNairy district ended up being. I know there were some coaching changes and I've heard through the rumor mill about some issues within certain teams, but I would have at least expected to see a couple of competitive games from this district.

22 hours ago, Bkbfan4ever said:

cake walk for South Side and South Gibson. They will play 4 times this year for sure. South Side will be 4-0 in that match up. What about region 5? Who could be the top 2 from that region and can they beat SS or SG?  

1 hour ago, LDFL24 said:

I've watched several of those schools from that district and you are 100% right about no one being able to touch SS. I haven't seen SG but I've heard from several that they are not playing up to what was expected as of right now.  I do think under the right circumstances that if SG isn't playing up to expectations and McNairy improves then those two could compete against each other. I'm was really shocked at how weak the McNairy district ended up being. I know there were some coaching changes and I've heard through the rumor mill about some issues within certain teams, but I would have at least expected to see a couple of competitive games from this district.

A team that is going to compete in region shouldn't be losing to Dyersburg and Scotts Hill.  I could see how Dyersburg's athletes might cause some problems, but SG beat them by almost 30.  I do think that McNairy is the best team in their district but they are going to need a lot of things to go right to get to a region championship.  

27 minutes ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

cake walk for South Side and South Gibson. They will play 4 times this year for sure. South Side will be 4-0 in that match up. What about region 5? Who could be the top 2 from that region and can they beat SS or SG?  

Agree that South Side cruises to region title.  South Gibson should be there, though they have much less room for error that South Side.  

Region 5 will likely be Creek Wood and Murfreesboro Central Magnet.  Greenbrier could possibly upset one, but it would be surprising.  Neither of them will come within 25 of South Side.  Either one against South Gibson will be competitive and could go either way.

27 minutes ago, maddams said:

Agree that South Side cruises to region title.  South Gibson should be there, though they have much less room for error that South Side.  

Region 5 will likely be Creek Wood and Murfreesboro Central Magnet.  Greenbrier could possibly upset one, but it would be surprising.  Neither of them will come within 25 of South Side.  Either one against South Gibson will be competitive and could go either way.

You are always spot on! 

I saw the score from what to South Side did to that team from Alabama. I will say no one around here will give them a game. I'll be looking for them in Murfreesboro. From scores, it looks like South Gibson is struggling right now vs good teams. Chester and McNairy will battle in their district. I think Crockett and Dyersburg battle in their district.

22 minutes ago, BallIsLife1 said:

I saw the score from what to South Side did to that team from Alabama. I will say no one around here will give them a game. I'll be looking for them in Murfreesboro. From scores, it looks like South Gibson is struggling right now vs good teams. Chester and McNairy will battle in their district. I think Crockett and Dyersburg battle in their district.

Chester has the best individual player in that district and they are well coached.  They could very well win that district, though I think McNairy has more overall talent.  

Dyersburg is a year away from being really competitive.  Dyer County's schedule is incredibly soft so hard to say about them for sure.  I think Crockett wins their district and region and goes to a state tournament.  The opposite district in their region is really bad. 

4 hours ago, BallIsLife1 said:

That Alabama team was very good. They had 3 D1 players & thank God it was our best game we have played all year. 

20 hours ago, maddams said:

Chester has the best individual player in that district and they are well coached.  They could very well win that district, though I think McNairy has more overall talent.  

Dyersburg is a year away from being really competitive.  Dyer County's schedule is incredibly soft so hard to say about them for sure.  I think Crockett wins their district and region and goes to a state tournament.  The opposite district in their region is really bad. 

If Chester County has a chance to win district then SS and SG sweep and go to substate because they are very well coached but they are not very good.