West Tennessee Teams

sportsfan53ray

2 hours ago, sportslover88 said:

Westview with the 12 point win tonight!

Pretty good game in their house. Alexander made some big shots to answer. They'll meet again. Really impressed with the play of their younger girls. I don't know how this year will turn out, but I believe GC will be even better next year and they're very good this year. 

11 minutes ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

Pretty good game in their house. Alexander made some big shots to answer. They'll meet again. Really impressed with the play of their younger girls. I don't know how this year will turn out, but I believe GC will be even better next year and they're very good this year. 

Appreciate it. We played Jada pretty well and contained her somewhat. Alexander hit some money three’s and Trevathon made two money one’s in the first half. Thought GC and Westview both played a pretty clean game just y’all hit more shots. Think GC has some positives moving forward. Westview is a great team. Like the way they don’t flinch in letting a three go. Both teams played hard. Just Westview made more shots. Great win for y’all. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, BallIsLife1 said:

Gibson needs a presence inside. #14 didn't really help them last night and I believe #4 must be young because she couldn't help them because she fouls a lot. They really needed someone effective in the teeth of that zone. The tournament will be good

#4 is a Freshman and #14 is a Sophomore. They took it to the basket a handful of times and was successful. They need to do it more I agree and all need to be looking to score more. Thought we played faster at times working the zone. Think the slower you play in it the more apt you are to turn it over. Do think we have to have faster ball movement to create more space and keep them from closing out so fast. Both have played well to be as young as they are and have a really bright future. They both need to be confident in their moves and when they get the ball in the paint try to score more because both have really good skill. That also goes for every player out there. I have confidence in every one of them and they all need to look to score more and trust their talents more.

Edited by pioneer42
  • Like 1

Huge game on Tuesday as the Trinity Christian Lady Lions host USJ in front of what will be a jam packed T Dome. A USJ win and they get the district outright. If TCA wins, and wins by at least 7 points, the Lady Lions will capture district honors and a #1 seed in the region tournament. The game will be livestreamed at no cost on Tuesday beginning at 5:45. Dave McCulley and Stan Gerard will have the call. The viewing link is:  https://www.facebook.com/TrinityChristianLions

• Like 1

@pioneer42 We are going to have to step up our play over here in Gibson county it looks like. Both of us have the misfortune of sharing a district with a power house team! I would assume that Y'all will have to play WV 2 more times and maybe even in the state tourney. Just like us with SS. 

Edited by ManOfMillions

1 minute ago, ManOfMillions said:

@pioneer42 We are going to have to have to step up our play over here in Gibson county it looks like. Both of us have the misfortune of sharing a district with a power house team! I would assume that Y'all will have to play WV 2 more times and maybe even in the state tourney. Just like us with SS. 

Got Huntingdon to contend with next. Will be another battle in the District Semis. We both get to state we will be in opposite brackets but we got to get there. Easier said than done. I like our team but it is always a battle. If we get to Region Finals then there is substate. We have been there before and been in a lot of one and done’s. Just got to battle. Good luck to y’all!!!