1A 2023

TheBlueprint

Do you guys really think UC is dropping down and refusing around 250k for the school? Nobody in Union City wants to be playing the Gleason and Greenfields for the next two years, it’s just the way it fell. Their Senior and Junior class is abnormally small this year. 

Also all 3 Obion County schools went down in enrollment this year.

We have 3 championships in 1A and 1 championship in 2A. Also have two runner up balls in 2A. Have always been competitive in either class. We have nothing to prove in either class. Like I said come and take a head count yourselves.

3 hours ago, JustinBuck said:

Is UC pulling a Martin Westview? Dropping down to try and win a ring?

10 hours ago, rlh said:

Twice when the cut off numbers was 399/400, they had preliminary enrollments of 403 and final numbers of 398.  This last time the cutoff was around 375 it caught them off guard and they ended back in 2a. They have had time to figure out where the cutoff is. :roflol:

9 hours ago, Sherdog said:

Union City's Elementary and middle schools average well over 120 kids per grade. That would mean an average of 480 in high school. So why does an average of 120 students leave to go somewhere else in high school. Obion Countys numbers went down this year to. 10k people live in Union City. Hard to explain how it's possible to be 1a.

8 hours ago, WarrJack said:

I don't have a dog in the hunt. Obion County has 3 High Schools right?

Yes Obion Co has 3 high schools. As long as I remember that is going back to the 80’s Union City has bounced back and forth from 1A to 2A.  This is nothing new. It shouldn’t be a problem now. 

22 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Yes Obion Co has 3 high schools. As long as I remember that is going back to the 80’s Union City has bounced back and forth from 1A to 2A.  This is nothing new. It shouldn’t be a problem now. 

I don't see any difference in competition. I would say for the last few years 1A has had the better teams.

11 hours ago, team69 said:

I don't see any difference in competition. I would say for the last few years 1A has had the better teams.

Yes for the last 2 years but not for the next 2. Peabody and FC moving to 2A  and McK. losing 14/15 seniors changes the whole dynamic. 1A will be a lot weaker than 2A for the next  2 years

18 hours ago, Indian said:

.422 listed on TSSAA for the ending period to 356 is quite a drop. 

1A cutoff was 374. You can average 93.5 per grade to be at the top of 1A. So in two years Union City went from 106 per class to 89? A loss of 66 students. Are they using some of that MASE math? 

15 hours ago, treefitty74 said:

Also all 3 Obion County schools went down in enrollment this year.  Do you guys really think UC is dropping down and refusing around 250k for the school?

In the county Obion fell from 762 to 751.  South Fulton rose from 180 to 186.  The county 4A school loses 11 kids and the 2A school loses 66 but nothing to see here.  Where does the $250k figure come from?  Numbers would be fudged for the post season which in 1A will be much easier in 2023-24 than 2A. 

• Upvote 2