Way to early Region 7 3A contenders

Madddog2020

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/7/2022 at 3:49 PM, Trojan said:

Dont have a clue who everyone else has coming back but Dyersburg returns practically everybody.  Should be a much different team.

If you return practically everybody, wouldn’t you expect to be the same team as the previous year?  I don’t see how the above is logical. 

I might concede that if everybody returns, then with another year of maturity  would probably make them better the following year. 

Just messing with your syntax. 

Dyersburg is still a couple of years away. Upcoming senior class has some solid players, but also has some serious gaps on the line. Upcoming junior class has a couple of good linemen, but is a weak group overall. Upcoming sophomores have potential, but potential is a long way from production. Lot of questions in this class. Best group in the program is the upcoming freshman class. Good players in every position group on both sides of the ball.

12 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

If you return practically everybody, wouldn’t you expect to be the same team as the previous year?  I don’t see how the above is logical. 

I might concede that if everybody returns, then with another year of maturity  would probably make them better the following year. 

Just messing with your syntax. 

A big group of seniors always seems to make a better team. All that experience, and they know this is the last time. 

2 hours ago, sportsfan53ray said:

This region seems to be down last season and the coming season from past level of play. Ripley might take advantage with several returning. Big rb looks good. Covington & Westview lost a lot. Dyersburg rebuilding. 

Covington does lose RB Jamarion Dowell and few offensive lineman. They bring back QB Braden Gover, FB Skylan Smith and most of the line. The Defense brings back a lot up front but will have to replace Kydrick Mason at Lb and AC Mason at SS.  I know the JV did well last year and many of those kids played this past season. They also got practice and play until late in November.  I think Covington will be just fine next year.  Ripley does have some athletes coming back and the big FB Pitts is back.  Ripley must find a QB and get a lot better up front to close the gap for the top spot in the region.  They also lost there best player on the team in LB Andre Carney. The rumor is their coach is looking to leave and if that happens who really knows what will happen at Ripley.   I did hear Westview lost the house.  I don't know much about Scotts Hill or McNairy other than they might not have the horses to compete with the top teams in the region.  I think it still comes down to Dyersburg and Covington once again. 

7 hours ago, Bleachercoaching said:

Covington does lose RB Jamarion Dowell and few offensive lineman. They bring back QB Braden Gover, FB Skylan Smith and most of the line. The Defense brings back a lot up front but will have to replace Kydrick Mason at Lb and AC Mason at SS.  I know the JV did well last year and many of those kids played this past season. They also got practice and play until late in November.  I think Covington will be just fine next year.  Ripley does have some athletes coming back and the big FB Pitts is back.  Ripley must find a QB and get a lot better up front to close the gap for the top spot in the region.  They also lost there best player on the team in LB Andre Carney. The rumor is their coach is looking to leave and if that happens who really knows what will happen at Ripley.   I did hear Westview lost the house.  I don't know much about Scotts Hill or McNairy other than they might not have the horses to compete with the top teams in the region.  I think it still comes down to Dyersburg and Covington once again. 

Dyersburg brings back a ton. 

On 12/6/2022 at 7:28 PM, volfan26 said:

1 Covington 2. Westview  3. Dyersburg  4.   Ripley 

As a long time supporter of Westview im very concerned about some rumors that have been floating around all season. Apparently there has been a huge drop off of discipline and a lack of physicality being taught to these athletes. They say the offense and defense was not allowed to go full contact as season long. Why? I could see later in the season or maybe playoffs letting up some but all season long! They say only Varsity kids were allowed to lift and that JV would do box jumps, jump rope, with very little weight lifting. I would think this is not correct information but theirs to many talking about it not to be true. I hope I'm wrong but I would say Westview will come out of this Region at best #3 but could fall to #4-#6.

On 12/27/2022 at 11:02 AM, GOCHARGERS said:

As a long time supporter of Westview im very concerned about some rumors that have been floating around all season. Apparently there has been a huge drop off of discipline and a lack of physicality being taught to these athletes. They say the offense and defense was not allowed to go full contact as season long. Why? I could see later in the season or maybe playoffs letting up some but all season long! They say only Varsity kids were allowed to lift and that JV would do box jumps, jump rope, with very little weight lifting. I would think this is not correct information but theirs to many talking about it not to be true. I hope I'm wrong but I would say Westview will come out of this Region at best #3 but could fall to #4-#6.

I would not be surprised at any of what you said. I'm not sold on the coaching or the strength and conditioning .

• 2 weeks later...

McNairy might have a chance to compete for that fourth place playoff spot. Will be third season of complete rebuild by young coach. Moved into new football training building. Numbers are rising. Srength training beginng to get results. Will have a good, not great, numbers wise senior class for first time since 2020. Speedy dual threat senior QB is a playmaker and he will have more help.

Edited by sportsfan53ray

• 3 weeks later...