NIL

powerp

1 hour ago, Appvol said:

And if this is how folks would actually use the NIL ability, I'd be estatic with it. Like how Fulkerson at UT did those Pal's radio ads.  Athletes should have always been able to do that. 

But inevitability, greed will ruin what should be a good thing, just like in the NCAA. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crow said:

Thanks. Just curious about the full rules package that goes along with it. I’d be interested in seeing the fine print. I’ve got some prime hunting land that I’d be happy to “lease” to the right young man lol

Got to get some NIL money for kids across the state line in NC and get them to Cloudland. 

Apartment owner x offers family of state’s top ranked player a 3 BR 2 BA with all the extras if they’ll move in for a year, prospect becomes the apartment spokesman. Or the dollars for it if actual money has to be used. Of course with zero input from the coach and boosters “in the know.” A good path this is moving toward? 

8 hours ago, WarrJack said:

Get ready TSSAA. You are going to be tracking donors and sponsors.  I expect stars to be moving in from all over. The big will get bigger. I feel sorry for your compliance department. 

I highly doubt that they actively attempt to police this at all... they don't in any other area, and this will be borderline impossible compared to the relatively easy policies that they rely on schools to self report, or someone to turn in (complete with evidence) for them. Supposedly removes the cheating aspect if school names and logos are off limits...LOL.

TSSAA caved in and allowed the lid to be blown off Pandora's Box in order to avoid litigation. Reactive rather than proactive equals inactive. IMO, there'll be many days ahead that the brain trust will look back on this day and wish that they'd passed this one by.

10 hours ago, tradertwo said:

I highly doubt that they actively attempt to police this at all... they don't in any other area, and this will be borderline impossible compared to the relatively easy policies that they rely on schools to self report, or someone to turn in (complete with evidence) for them. Supposedly removes the cheating aspect if school names and logos are off limits...LOL.

TSSAA caved in and allowed the lid to be blown off Pandora's Box in order to avoid litigation. Reactive rather than proactive equals inactive. IMO, there'll be many days ahead that the brain trust will look back on this day and wish that they'd passed this one by.

Although high school sports have not been pure in years, it is the purist form we have left. That’s the biggest reason I had rather watch high school sports as any other. Now we’ll have parents standing in line to pimp their kids out to the highest bidder. Unreal!

• Like 2