Dobyns-Bennett Football and next year's football schedule.

bdawg122712

14 hours ago, bdawg122712 said:

Has anyone heard about the schedule for next year and how do you think the football team will be? I know we lost everything. 

DB will win these games:

West Ridge
Mo East
William Blount
Crockett

These are 50/50 with SH most likely being a loss:

Jeff Co
Science Hill

So this gets you to 5-1 or 4-2.    Have not seen who the non-region games are against.

7 hours ago, blazer1set said:

What's funny is that most years DB has the better team than SH and goes further in the playoffs.   But just can't seem to beat SH in the season.    Maybe it's a mental thing with DB, remember we are dealing with 16-17 year old kids

I think DB had a 18 game win streak over SH before SH went on this run. But that was when Darrell Watson was the defensive coordinator. When Watson left it turned DB into an average program and they've never recovered. 

On 12/14/2022 at 8:41 AM, blazer1set said:

DB will win these games:

West Ridge
Mo East
William Blount
Crockett

These are 50/50 with SH most likely being a loss:

Jeff Co
Science Hill

So this gets you to 5-1 or 4-2.    Have not seen who the non-region games are against.

Well, sad to say that Oak Ridge may not be on the DB schedule this year. Apparently, dates didn't line up after Region games were set up by the T$$AA, I think it is one of the best series in East Tennessee and DB has had the upper hand the past few years, but it always goes in cycles. Maybe OR will see DB again in 2025. Good luck to the Indians next season.

14 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

Well, sad to say that Oak Ridge may not be on the DB schedule this year. Apparently, dates didn't line up after Region games were set up by the T$$AA, I think it is one of the best series in East Tennessee and DB has had the upper hand the past few years, but it always goes in cycles. Maybe OR will see DB again in 2025. Good luck to the Indians next season.

I believe DB has won 24 and OR has won 22, so you are right in that this has been a great series over all the years.