Scott Cummings has resigned at Oak Ridge

HTV

1 hour ago, HTV said:

He "had to join the Marine Corps"? 

You obviously wouldn't understand. 

He definitely doesn't understand and probably runs to the corner and cry's if someone yells at him.  Our society in general has become soft. (I won't go into why i think that is because it will ruffle to many feathers)  I have been yelled and cussed at by coaches (State Championship coaches at that) before and I turned out just fine, I also wasn't thin skinned and pushed me to be better and respect the heck out of those coaches

Edited by Swipes
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TeeterTot2 said:

Ahhh, another "back in my day" post.  Sounds like someone is trying to overcompensate where they fall short.

That's what this country needs, more grown men choosing yelling and cussing kids as a career choice.  Maybe if your "great leaders" would have lead you a little more in English class you wouldn't have had to join the Marines and would have gotten to play football at the next level.

This country could use more Marines and less of the type of people worried about grammar on a football message board.You dont have to yell and cuss to get through to these kids but its not gonna hurt them.What hurts them is the parents or parent who dont hold them accountable and blame everyone else

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, STILLNUM1 said:

This country could use more Marines and less of the type of people worried about grammar on a football message board.You dont have to yell and cuss to get through to these kids but its not gonna hurt them.What hurts them is the parents or parent who dont hold them accountable and blame everyone else

Testify!:popcorneater:

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, STILLNUM1 said:

They do need to be held accountable but so does any coach who makes the CHOICE of using language that isn’t necessary 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TeeterTot2 said:

Ahhh, another "back in my day" post.  Sounds like someone is trying to overcompensate where they fall short.

That's what this country needs, more grown men choosing yelling and cussing kids as a career choice.  Maybe if your "great leaders" would have lead you a little more in English class you wouldn't have had to join the Marines and would have gotten to play football at the next level.

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148864x31adeumjqbpslm4e

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

We are talking about kids. And it shouldn't take cursing a kid out to teach them; not all kids are alike and never will be. Each player should be treated with dignity and class. We're not a third world country. There a thousand ways to coach/teach a kid and cursing them down is not one of them. Class is what I assume all programs want. Just my opinion. I can see both sides but these kids could go throughout life thinking cussing is just second nature. Trust me I have to hush my son up as he likes the curse words. Haha and no I did not teach him that he picked it up on Xbox lol

Edited by Mavericksinflight
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, HTV said:

He "had to join the Marine Corps"? 

You obviously wouldn't understand. 

My wish is that every person (males and females) were required to enter 2 years of military service when they graduate from high school.  After 2 years of active duty they would be required to complete 2 years of service in the national guard.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, cbg said:

My wish is that every person (males and females) were required to enter 2 years of military service when they graduate from high school.  After 2 years of active duty they would be required to complete 2 years of service in the national guard.  

100% agree.

19 hours ago, cbg said:

:thumb::thumb:

On 12/30/2022 at 10:20 PM, Mavericksinflight said:

We are talking about kids. And it shouldn't take cursing a kid out to teach them; not all kids are alike and never will be. Each player should be treated with dignity and class. We're not a third world country. There a thousand ways to coach/teach a kid and cursing them down is not one of them. Class is what I assume all programs want. Just my opinion. I can see both sides but these kids could go throughout life thinking cussing is just second nature. Trust me I have to hush my son up as he likes the curse words. Haha and no I did not teach him that he picked it up on Xbox lol

I dont think an AC fan wants to go down this road.Dont forget what your coaches allowed, and it is a lot worse than bad language.I personally like the coaches who dont use bad language but in no way do I think its something you fire a coach over.Especially when that coach had no warning or was ever told a few parents had a problem.And lets be real it was only a problem when the player didnt get to play.Funny how that works

• CoachT locked this topic