Scott Cummings has resigned at Oak Ridge

HTV

On 1/3/2023 at 9:43 PM, STILLNUM1 said:

I dont think an AC fan wants to go down this road.Dont forget what your coaches allowed, and it is a lot worse than bad language.I personally like the coaches who dont use bad language but in no way do I think its something you fire a coach over.Especially when that coach had no warning or was ever told a few parents had a problem.And lets be real it was only a problem when the player didnt get to play.Funny how that works

I have no idea if the coach cursed. I don't feel we need to pass something down to kids that society doesn't and shouldn't accept which will make life harder for the kids. I was in the Army with cursing Sargent's, my coach's cursed but that doesn't make it right. If this was a one time thing here and there then too much was made out of it as well. I disagree AC coaching staff would absolutely not condon cursing. Coaching is Teaching 1st and athletics come in 2nd because most players will never play past High School and they need a foundation to support a family in this society.

Edited by Mavericksinflight

2 minutes ago, bounder said:

I'll bet the AD Joe Gaddis's phone bill is unreal. I know he's been actively calling folks about the job. 

I agree, however, it's more deflecting calls vs making calls. Word is he'll take over as interim HC for 2023. He'll also remain ORHS AD. Appears 'their' #1 HC prospect has given a hard pass, can you blame him?

6 minutes ago, GeorgeORMD said:

I agree, however, it's more deflecting calls vs making calls. Word is he'll take over as interim HC for 2023. He'll also remain ORHS AD. Appears 'their' #1 HC prospect has given a hard pass, can you blame him?

Don't think that's going to happen, according to one I talked to, who is "inside" as they come.  

And it's no secret who kicked the tires, but said thanks but no thanks.  

9 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I have no idea if the coach cursed. I don't feel we need to pass something down to kids that society doesn't and shouldn't accept which will make life harder for the kids. I was in the Army with cursing Sargent's, my coach's cursed but that doesn't make it right. If this was a one time thing here and there then too much was made out of it as well. I disagree AC coaching staff would absolutely not condon cursing. Coaching is Teaching 1st and athletics come in 2nd because most players will never play past High School and they need a foundation to support a family in this society.

I think you missed his point.  He didn't say anything about AC's coaches Cursing, he said don't throw a stone from a glass house when "Supposedly" (Don't know if it's true but has been brought up several times on different threads) that some AC players hazed a kid when they were at a 7 vs 7 in Florida over the summer and that kid ended up at Oak Ridge as a promising QB that would have been at AC.

Like i've said before i've been yelled and cursed at by multiple State Championship coaches  and turned out just fine.  I know they wanted to bring the best out in me and had these conversations with them after seasons end.  It help me not be so thin skin about life and not get offended like everyone gets now a days, also didn't hurt my work ethic and help me create a successful business that take the same discipline they taught me. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HTV said:

Don't think that's going to happen, according to one I talked to, who is "inside" as they come.  

And it's no secret who kicked the tires, but said thanks but no thanks.  

I didnt believe it either but heard a couple hours ago that it is now becoming a reality.

2 hours ago, GeorgeORMD said:

I didnt believe it either but heard a couple hours ago that it is now becoming a reality.

That is the farthest thing from the truth and your sources are incredibly wrong or just starting to stir things up. The job officially closes Sunday. There are between 40 and 50 applicants for the job from all over Tennessee and the country. They will begin the process next week. Coach Gaddis has no intentions of being the coach and he loves what he’s doing now. Feel free to call or visit him. His door is always open. 
David Clary

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DCCATVOICE said:

That is the farthest thing from the truth and your sources are incredibly wrong or just starting to stir things up. The job officially closes Sunday. There are between 40 and 50 applicants for the job from all over Tennessee and the country. They will begin the process next week. Coach Gaddis has no intentions of being the coach and he loves what he’s doing now. Feel free to call or visit him. His door is always open. 
David Clary

DC you need to focus on the radio and stop acting like your Gaddis’s older brother. All you know is what joe tells you and everyone knows that Joe sells bull all day long. The truth is that many have already turned down the offer to coach and the job is not what it used to be anymore. He is more worried about stealing a coach from a neighboring high school up I-75 in CC or in Clinton. 

typical media personality. Always the one who knows the most. Focus on the radio and leave those that buy their printer ink by the barrel alone! 

1 hour ago, YoungBuck said:

DC you need to focus on the radio and stop acting like your Gaddis’s older brother. All you know is what joe tells you and everyone knows that Joe sells bull all day long. The truth is that many have already turned down the offer to coach and the job is not what it used to be anymore. He is more worried about stealing a coach from a neighboring high school up I-75 in CC or in Clinton. 

typical media personality. Always the one who knows the most. Focus on the radio and leave those that buy their printer ink by the barrel alone! 

Ah I know I look old for my age but can’t I be Gaddis’s younger brother? He’s 12 years older than me. I’ve never considered myself to be a media guy but thank you for listening. 
One of the differences between what I do and what keyboard people such as yourself do is I am willing to sign my name to my thoughts and opinions. Same with live radio. It’s out there for all to hear. What’s your name by the way and how do you know things ? 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, YoungBuck said:

typical media personality. Always the one who knows the most. Focus on the radio andWhat do you have aganst leave those that buy their printer ink by the barrel alone! 

This is redicuulous. Davis Clary doesn't deserve insults. Joe Gaddis doesn't deserve insults.  They both are doing their jobs.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• CoachT locked this topic