Scott Cummings has resigned at Oak Ridge

HTV

9 hours ago, Swipes said:

I think you missed his point.  He didn't say anything about AC's coaches Cursing, he said don't throw a stone from a glass house when "Supposedly" (Don't know if it's true but has been brought up several times on different threads) that some AC players hazed a kid when they were at a 7 vs 7 in Florida over the summer and that kid ended up at Oak Ridge as a promising QB that would have been at AC.

Like i've said before i've been yelled and cursed at by multiple State Championship coaches  and turned out just fine.  I know they wanted to bring the best out in me and had these conversations with them after seasons end.  It help me not be so thin skin about life and not get offended like everyone gets now a days, also didn't hurt my work ethic and help me create a successful business that take the same discipline they taught me. 

Yes exactly. Coaches looking other way and showing kids winning is more important than doing the right thing.Seems a lot worse than bad language 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

If it’s all true, it’s pretty bad, brother. Hey, at least they don’t cuss, though!! Lol

Man I would be lying if I said my jaw didn’t dropped when I read those couple of paragraphs. I hope everyone involved in that incident, if true, got disciplined after the season, coaches in charge and all. 

4 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

Man I would be lying if I said my jaw didn’t dropped when I read those couple of paragraphs. I hope everyone involved in that incident, if true, got disciplined after the season, coaches in charge and all. 

Same here, bud. Why wait till after the season, though? If it is true (God knows), they should’ve been dealt with long before then. I know what you mean, though.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Swipes said:

I think you missed his point.  He didn't say anything about AC's coaches Cursing, he said don't throw a stone from a glass house when "Supposedly" (Don't know if it's true but has been brought up several times on different threads) that some AC players hazed a kid when they were at a 7 vs 7 in Florida over the summer and that kid ended up at Oak Ridge as a promising QB that would have been at AC.

Like i've said before i've been yelled and cursed at by multiple State Championship coaches  and turned out just fine.  I know they wanted to bring the best out in me and had these conversations with them after seasons end.  It help me not be so thin skin about life and not get offended like everyone gets now a days, also didn't hurt my work ethic and help me create a successful business that take the same discipline they taught me. 

Well I wish the best for the coach OR gets. I just think we are civilized and believe we shouldn't have to demean a person but rather build them up. Foul language, just my Opinion, is not a good idea. And what I meant before I don't think I seen any solid proof that coach Cummings did in fact use foul language. But I may have missed something. I also wish the best for coach Cummings. Another points not sure my Alma Mater Liberty would recruit heavily players or be allowed to keep coach's that use foul language. A point that players/coachs need to have good speech and morals that represent an institution in class. Of course that's Liberty College when I attended it may have changed when they accepted University status and government rules.

I've bit my tongue until now but I have heard some of the worst language coming out of the mouths of the players on the sidelines you ever heard. I was more concerned the coaches allowed it than what the coaches were saying. And of course the coaches didn't teach that to them. Some of these parents doing all the winning maybe ought to listen to their kids when they don't know they are around! Coach Cummings may not have used the best language around the players but he sure didn't teach what I heard coming from them, to them! He was teaching football and I think he and his staff did a pretty good job!

I'm off my soap box now and like Minnie Pearl used to say "I'm done talking now"!

WILDCAT PRIDE 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

If people can’t handle some cuss words, you probably don’t need to be around a football field then. It comes with the territory, always has and will. That’s why I call complete BS on the premise Cummings was fired because of that, there’s definitely more to it. And if people think what they hear on a sideline is bad, take a walk through the halls of a High School nowadays. You’d be appalled and amazed at what’s said by kids and it’s allowed because if they sent every kid who cusses to the office, half the school would be suspended before 2nd block started. And before anyone says I’m wrong, I work in a Knox County public HS. Trust me, I’m not.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• CoachT locked this topic