Scott Cummings has resigned at Oak Ridge

HTV

On 1/7/2023 at 9:38 AM, chsbobcat09 said:

If people can’t handle some cuss words, you probably don’t need to be around a football field then. It comes with the territory, always has and will. That’s why I call complete BS on the premise Cummings was fired because of that, there’s definitely more to it. And if people think what they hear on a sideline is bad, take a walk through the halls of a High School nowadays. You’d be appalled and amazed at what’s said by kids and it’s allowed because if they sent every kid who cusses to the office, half the school would be suspended before 2nd block started. And before anyone says I’m wrong, I work in a Knox County public HS. Trust me, I’m not.

Same in Metro Nashville. Most people would never believe what happens on a daily basis.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2023 at 12:21 AM, Mavericksinflight said:

Well I wish the best for the coach OR gets. I just think we are civilized and believe we shouldn't have to demean a person but rather build them up. Foul language, just my Opinion, is not a good idea. And what I meant before I don't think I seen any solid proof that coach Cummings did in fact use foul language. But I may have missed something. I also wish the best for coach Cummings. Another points not sure my Alma Mater Liberty would recruit heavily players or be allowed to keep coach's that use foul language. A point that players/coachs need to have good speech and morals that represent an institution in class. Of course that's Liberty College when I attended it may have changed when they accepted University status and government rules.

I think you missed it again.But the main point is lets dont act like bad language is so bad when other coaches have done far worse.And  Liberty is another road you dont wanna go down.They hired and loved H.Freeze and his resume was a lot worse than somebody that uses bad language.And I think Liberty is a great school so no hate toward them but lets be real when it comes to sports.Liberty,AC and many more care more about winning than always doing the right thing or caring about morals.And to be fair I dont believe Oak Ridge got rid of Scott because they really cared about the bad language.Im not saying it is fact but it is looking more and more like Joe and some others just didnt like him and found a way to get rid of him.If Oak Ridge hires someone close to Joe than I think it confirms what he was going to do the day he took the AD job no matter what Scott did

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

18 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

I think you missed it again.But the main point is lets dont act like bad language is so bad when other coaches have done far worse.And  Liberty is another road you dont wanna go down.They hired and loved H.Freeze and his resume was a lot worse than somebody that uses bad language.And I think Liberty is a great school so no hate toward them but lets be real when it comes to sports.Liberty,AC and many more care more about winning than always doing the right thing or caring about morals.And to be fair I dont believe Oak Ridge got rid of Scott because they really cared about the bad language.Im not saying it is fact but it is looking more and more like Joe and some others just didnt like him and found a way to get rid of him.If Oak Ridge hires someone close to Joe than I think it confirms what he was going to do the day he took the AD job no matter what Scott did

18 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Well l wonder if it matters that AD Gaddis was spotted eating with HVA HC Minor at Cracker Barrel a few days ago?

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, watertower1999 said:

Well there is one who supposebly has put in for it. All I am saying is he already has 2 state titles in 4A under his belt.

I wish but dont feel good about it.Feels like Joe had his guy months ago.If somebody like that really put in and was passed up for anybody at the school now or at HV its gonna b ugly.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, watertower1999 said:

Well there is one who supposebly has put in for it. All I am saying is he already has 2 state titles in 4A under his belt.

That coach has flirted with several good open jobs the last few years, but he  has never been able to pull the trigger and actually leave his home town.  

Don't doubt that he has interest,  but I will be surprised if he leaves this time, as well.  

Edited by HTV

49 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

It would depend if Joe bought him the Momma's Pancake Breakfast or not. If so HVA will have a job opening next week.

They had a chance to promote him last year, but didn't even give him a thought. 

Just saying. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

I wish but dont feel good about it.Feels like Joe had his guy months ago.If somebody like that really put in and was passed up for anybody at the school now or at HV its gonna b ugly.

Way I feel too. What’s going on now is just for show, the choice was probably made a while back. I’m with you.

• Like 1

• CoachT locked this topic