Scott Cummings has resigned at Oak Ridge

HTV

10 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Yeah, I myself don’t have a clue who it’ll be, but I do have a fairly educated guess as to who I think it might be. I think whoever it ends up being will have OR ties, though. I don’t see them hiring an outsider again. I’ll be surprised if they do. But, just my opinion. Like yourself, I don’t have the slightest clue beyond guessing.

People have mentioned OR ties as being important to the hiring of the next football HC. I wonder why Tommy Laurendine is never mentioned. You don't get much more OR ties than Tommy. He is also an experienced coach.

5 minutes ago, BigTime1950 said:

People have mentioned OR ties as being important to the hiring of the next football HC. I wonder why Tommy Laurendine is never mentioned. You don't get much more OR ties than Tommy. He is also an experienced coach.

And he just got hired as an assistant for the Naval Academy, so that’s definitely not even on the table.

5 minutes ago, BigTime1950 said:

I saw on Twitter the other day that he was just hired at Navy, so I doubt he'll leave Navy for OR. 

5 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

And he just got hired as an assistant for the Naval Academy, so that’s definitely not even on the table.

I see that but l just wonder why he has not been mentioned ever that l know of to be someone that OR wanted to come back to OR. I know Coach Graham gets mentioned a lot. I am sure l think there are other OR alumni that have coaching experience also but l have never heard Coach Laurendine mentioned. Now l have not read ever Coach T thread on OR.

Just now, BigTime1950 said:

I see that but l just wonder why he has not been mentioned ever that l know of to be someone that OR wanted to come back to OR. I know Coach Graham gets mentioned a lot. I am sure l think there are other OR alumni that have coaching experience also but l have never heard Coach Laurendine mentioned. Now l have not read ever Coach T thread on OR.

Shoot, I’d love to have Tommy, and I agree, but it’s quite rare I’d say for a College coach to leave the college ranks to take a pretty major pay cut to come coach in HS.

9 minutes ago, ForTheRidge said:

Is anybody else watching this basketball game? I’m exhausted just watching it. That’s all. I won’t talk anymore basketball on here. Don’t want to get chastised!  

If you don't want to get chastised, then don't ever say anything positive about anyone. That doesn't go well on here. 

A lot of you may not understand my actions towards all that has happened and a lot of it has to do with living through the exact same thing at Maryville years ago. Oak Ridge School leaders has just fired the biggest name in the history of West High Football after one season.  Maryville High Leaders fired one of the two biggest names in the history of Oak Ridge Football after one season. What I learned from that and to be perfectly honest was that no one from a previous coaching program should ever be or have an opinion determiimg the faith of their successor. The program will be divided and fans will fight like cats and dogs over the next hire. The program will become mediocre and hopefully down the road another GQ will come aboard and resurrect the program to prominence again. End of story. PS Sweet Science everyone of the coaches, school officials, elected officials read this stuff and sweat bullets when their called out. That's how You get things you want. Always remember the squeaky  wheel gets greased first.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• CoachT locked this topic