Scott Cummings has resigned at Oak Ridge

HTV

Joe will be the one making the hire.From everything Ive heard our new principal is giving Joe all the say unless there was some unreal red flag.How could anybody be excited or justify bringing the staff from HV back after they gave us one of the worst seasons in Oak Ridge history.Scott had to fix a lot of issues and if you remember when he was hired, he laid out all the things our program had to fix or get better at.Last thing we need is anybody that was fine with the way things were being done.Our only hope is Joes love for Oak Ridge will win out over hiring a friend instead of a better option.I just cant imagine there not being better options than what is at the school now or HV.Well besides the one we ran off

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ForTheRidge said:

Barney

i respect your passion and understand your feelings; however, I think we should wait and see the beginning before we doom the ending. 
Also, I doubt seriously if many successful coaches, elected officials, etc even read this, much less sweat bullets over what we keyboard warriors think. 

Believe me I only want the best for Oak Ridge but I wouldn't be carrying on like this if I hadn't lived this exact thing at Maryville. It's like watching a movie about something you were apart of a long time ago. The same story about a handful of parents that got it their way but the sad part is when little Timmy gets out of school those parents will never dawn the gates of Oak Ridge Football Game again but the stink they caused will smell long after their gone. I do enjoy everyone of you guys and your options even if we don't agree. Also if you don't think they read this go back and check out Murphy College and some of the William Blount threads a few years back, their AD gets on here and comments and leaves his number. Even Coach Cussalot at Heritage jumped on last year and straightened out a few of his non believers which was hilarious. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Joe will be the one making the hire.From everything Ive heard our new principal is giving Joe all the say unless there was some unreal red flag.How could anybody be excited or justify bringing the staff from HV back after they gave us one of the worst seasons in Oak Ridge history.Scott had to fix a lot of issues and if you remember when he was hired, he laid out all the things our program had to fix or get better at.Last thing we need is anybody that was fine with the way things were being done.Our only hope is Joes love for Oak Ridge will win out over hiring a friend instead of a better option.I just cant imagine there not being better options than what is at the school now or HV.Well besides the one we ran off

I actually hope "Joe" is the one making the hire, but I doubt that he has that complete authority. The reason I hope that is that despite the fact you and a few others seem to  have no use for him, he does seem to love OR more than anyone else who might be in a position to make this hire. Therefore, I doubt he just recommends hiring a "friend" over a more qualified applicant. BTW...I did approach him at the West game last night, and he didn't answer a single question I asked other than confirming that there are at least 50 applicants. He was however, willing to talk to me as long as I wanted to talk, but he wouldn't directly answer my questions! LOL

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ForTheRidge said:

Like I said…successful coaches probably don’t. 

Gary Rankin sure did and that's successful as anyone can get. He would send out his henchman (Bledsoe) to go out and gather information on who all these posters were. I let him have it on here the time they lost to CPA and one of his players had a penalty thrown on him which was called back that would have got them down field farther. The kid was standing right beside him on the TV sports news and he blamed the loss pretty much on that penalty. I do hope the man wins his 500th before retiring but he reads it before his newspaper in the morning. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, catswild said:

I actually hope "Joe" is the one making the hire, but I doubt that he has that complete authority. The reason I hope that is that despite the fact you and a few others seem to  have no use for him, he does seem to love OR more than anyone else who might be in a position to make this hire. Therefore, I doubt he just recommends hiring a "friend" over a more qualified applicant. BTW...I did approach him at the West game last night, and he didn't answer a single question I asked other than confirming that there are at least 50 applicants. He was however, willing to talk to me as long as I wanted to talk, but he wouldn't directly answer my questions! LOL

I would have told him Hardee's has fifty applicants also but you noticed the biscuits were burned to a crisp this morning.

11 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

A lot of you may not understand my actions towards all that has happened and a lot of it has to do with living through the exact same thing at Maryville years ago. Oak Ridge School leaders has just fired the biggest name in the history of West High Football after one season.  Maryville High Leaders fired one of the two biggest names in the history of Oak Ridge Football after one season. What I learned from that and to be perfectly honest was that no one from a previous coaching program should ever be or have an opinion determiimg the faith of their successor. The program will be divided and fans will fight like cats and dogs over the next hire. The program will become mediocre and hopefully down the road another GQ will come aboard and resurrect the program to prominence again. End of story. PS Sweet Science everyone of the coaches, school officials, elected officials read this stuff and sweat bullets when their called out. That's how You get things you want. Always remember the squeaky  wheel gets greased first.

He made the "wrong" kids run too much.  It was basically one set of parents.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I would have told him Hardee's has fifty applicants also but you noticed the biscuits were burned to a crisp this morning.

Hardees doesn't have 50 applicants here in OR, nor do we have burned biscuits, because somehow our Hardees closed down a few years ago, and that was heartbreaking. Also, this is a time when most employers are finding it difficult to find many applicants for any jobs these days, so 50 plus applicants for the OR football job is actually a good thing. The word on the street, for whatever that's worth, is that there weren't even 20 applicants for this same job a year ago, but I have no way to know if that's true.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Gary Rankin sure did and that's successful as anyone can get. He would send out his henchman (Bledsoe) to go out and gather information on who all these posters were. I let him have it on here the time they lost to CPA and one of his players had a penalty thrown on him which was called back that would have got them down field farther. The kid was standing right beside him on the TV sports news and he blamed the loss pretty much on that penalty. I do hope the man wins his 500th before retiring but he reads it before his newspaper in the morning. 

If I were a coach, I wouldn't give Coacht the time of day. I'm not saying Rankin didn't read it, but as a coach, why give any time at all to a bunch of losers (me included), who hide behind a screen name and voice their opinions anonymously? The only people whose opinions I truly respect on here are the very few people who reveal their true identities...so I don't even respect my own opinion! LOL

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Not to mention, why would someone leave HVA. when they have backing, and time to improve, to go to a program where coaches might be released after one year?  These boys have families to care for.  They need stability.

• CoachT locked this topic