Scott Cummings has resigned at Oak Ridge

HTV

I didn't know Coach Cummings that well on a personal level but what I did know of him, he didn't have a bad attitude, he had an all business attitude. And an attitude that  he was the boss and it was gonna be done his way! And as head coach that's the way it's supposed to work, isn't it?  Guess folks weren't ready for that! 

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, bounder said:

I didn't know Coach Cummings that well on a personal level but what I did know of him, he didn't have a bad attitude, he had an all business attitude. And an attitude that  he was the boss and it was gonna be done his way! And as head coach that's the way it's supposed to work, isn't it?  Guess folks weren't ready for that! 

Yep.  

This is the Coach Cummings I have always known, as well.  

47 minutes ago, bounder said:

Right on.

Edited by SweetScience

31 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Personally I hope Jeff Miner comes back as the head coach. It would be the one person there wouldn't be a riff with the fans. If Oak Ridge let's him hang around at Hardin Valley to long he'll be a thorn in their side once he gets that program running and he will. 

I think he’d do a good job myself. HVA went 1-9 last year, but if you look at their schedule they were in quite a few of those losses. 4 of those losses came by 14 points or less.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Personally I hope Jeff Miner comes back as the head coach. It would be the one person there wouldn't be a riff with the fans. If Oak Ridge let's him hang around at Hardin Valley to long he'll be a thorn in their side once he gets that program running and he will. 

Barney

Some fans on here are already talking about what a bad choice he would be. Go figure

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I would love to have Coach Miner back at Oak Ridge. I would sit next to his Parents when Jeff was QB / DE. They always thanked me for being so positive toward the Cats.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, SweetScience said:

I think he’d do a good job myself. HVA went 1-9 last year, but if you look at their schedule they were in quite a few of those losses. 4 of those losses came by 14 points or less.

If he got the job, which assistants would you want him to bring back with him or keep from the present staff?

On 1/13/2023 at 9:04 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

I would have a bad attitude if I were the chef and the old chef was hanging around sticking his fingers in all my pies I was sending out.

Exactly. Making someone the boss of the guy replacing him is dicey from the beginning. 

• Upvote 2

• CoachT locked this topic