Scott Cummings has resigned at Oak Ridge

HTV

Just now, boyfromsi said:

Only this press release from OR Schools:

“Oak Ridge Schools can confirm that Coach Scott Cummings is no longer employed as the Head Football Coach at Oak Ridge High School. Because this involves a personnel matter, however, Oak Ridge Schools will have no further comment at this time, other than to wish Coach Cummings the best moving forward.”

I hope Coach Cummings and his family are ok.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

That is the details, yelling at kids and cussing on the field.  Gasp!  Wow.  Just ridiculous and pathetic.   Well, totally sucks for the kids having to go through a whole new hire.  

OMG , unbelievable… woke crybaby Parents ran him off ? A coach Hollered at me I’m triggered …  WTH is happening to Football?!?! I was pissed at Cummings when I first saw this thinking he’d left Oak Ridge high and dry , but seriously if all it takes to get a Coach fired at Oak Ridge is for a few whiny parents to cry a little, what coach is gonna want to coach there  now ?!?! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, pepvol said:

OMG , unbelievable… woke crybaby Parents ran him off ? A coach Hollered at me I’m triggered …  WTH is happening to Football?!?! I was pissed at Cummings when I first saw this thinking he’d left Oak Ridge high and dry , but seriously if all it takes to get a Coach fired at Oak Ridge is for a few whiny parents to cry a little, what coach is gonna want to coach there  now ?!?! 

Exactly, good luck getting another good coach to come there after this BS.  it truly is pathetic and embarrassing.

3 minutes ago, ILB1999WHS said:

If these rumors of why are true, then OR can kiss it's days of winning goodbye.

Exactly.  Just ridiculous. No way any good coach would touch OR with a ten foot pole now.  Just pure stupidity. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Well, fellow OR fans, it was nice having a football program for a while. Guess we can focus solely on basketball now. Hopefully Coach Green doesn’t accidentally throw an F bomb or say sh$# at the basketball game tonight. Did Joe Stalin make it into the OR school system?

Yeah man, my streak is over.  I'm out.  Done with them.  Fridays in the fall will be free now for the first time in 50 yrs.  I will tell you in person what is really behind all of this. It is truly pathetic.   And it has been brewing since Garfield left.  It will make more sense to you.  Call me later if you still have my number. 

• CoachT locked this topic