Greenback 2023

orngnblk

On 1/30/2023 at 1:37 PM, THE KING said:

You were probably done gone when we played coalfield in 92

Yeah, my last football season was 1990.  I never got the pleasure of playing you guys but have attended several games.  How's the Highlanders looking for next year?  The last few years have been pretty good runs for guys.  I know you all were banged up last year in the playoffs. I was looking forward to a rematch in the playoffs " at home for a change".

3 hours ago, rtl112 said:

Yeah, my last football season was 1990.  I never got the pleasure of playing you guys but have attended several games.  How's the Highlanders looking for next year?  The last few years have been pretty good runs for guys.  I know you all were banged up last year in the playoffs. I was looking forward to a rematch in the playoffs " at home for a change".

We should be pretty solid since we just lose 3.  One of those seniors is like losing 10 but it looks good for this fall.  Unaka will be back to being Unaka.  NG and Cosby will be improved but with what we got back, we should still rule R1

Several current head coaches are interested in this job. One of them is in Region 1 3-A and has been a state runner-up several times in Tennessee small school football. Another one hasn't had nearly as much success as the first one mentioned. Also I know of at least one coordinator at a larger Knox County school that has applied. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

8 hours ago, CaptainGuru said:

Several current head coaches are interested in this job. One of them is in Region 1 3-A and has been a state runner-up several times in Tennessee small school football. Another one hasn't had nearly as much success as the first one mentioned. Also I know of at least one coordinator at a larger Knox County school that has applied. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

You are correct!over 40 so far.

Edited by orngnblk
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Frontman said:

I heard there was an applicant much closer to Greenback quite well known and very successful. No it is not Ryan

The 3A coach with small school experience would be a good catch.He and Ryan would definitely be the front-runners.Also heard about the one you are referring to I think.If he was 10 years younger I think he gets a real shot again.

Edited by Jim1972

5 hours ago, Jim1972 said:

The 3A coach with small school experience would be a good catch.He and Ryan would definitely be the front-runners.Also heard about the one you are referring to I think.If he was 10 years younger I think he gets a real shot again.

Is you saying that Ryan man and this 3a coach is both coming back to the honey hole?  Just who is this 3a coach?  I want to look him up in my old Murphy fair book.  You think im joking but im not.

On 2/3/2023 at 9:31 AM, Roy Dillard said:

Is you saying that Ryan man and this 3a coach is both coming back to the honey hole?  Just who is this 3a coach?  I want to look him up in my old Murphy fair book.  You think im joking but im not.

Roy, you are going to have to start using that Jasper man's book (Donovan). 

On 2/3/2023 at 2:50 AM, Jim1972 said:

I heard The Wag applied for it. Not sure if it’s true, but was told that last week. Is the Loudon coach interested too?