Greenback 2023

orngnblk

9 minutes ago, Dirtyt26 said:

I m just curious of y everybody thinks the coach that left them high and dry for something better should be allowed to come back.   The now rising seniors is the ones he waked out on. Just my 2 cents.

I agree. I also know Greenback can move forward and do very well without Greg Ryan 

1 hour ago, Frontman said:

I agree. I also know Greenback can move forward and do very well without Greg Ryan 

Sure did a terrific job with the last two hires. Ryan may be the only hope for some stability at this point. I don't agree with how the last coach was treated and handled but he was fighting an up hill battle from the get go. Think anyone who dawn's that door for that job will be in for the same battle. 

2 hours ago, Frontman said:

Let’s get it all out there. We’re here to help one another understand. How did Greg hurt you? Did he call you a name? Steal your crayons? Borrow your lawnmower without fueling it up before returning it or maybe didn’t return it at all? 

• Like 1

No teaching certificate !!!!!!!! Wasn't a problem before was it ?????? A lot of single A teams with enrollment of 200 kids are a coin flip away from having a football team or not. Most would be lucky if the janitor was the coach but not Greenback or that's what their leaders think. Most counties would have shut down a school with only 200 kids and sent part to Loudon and the other half to Lenior City. Now with the football in peril we have to have a bonified educated idiot with his papers to prove it. Where the ale did that get ya the last time. Greenback is a small community and don't need to go fishing for a coach from the outside or they'll keep meeting the same fate over and over. I expected we would all be gathered around this chat table on the last hire in two years not two weeks. Now will someone please remove their proud head from their rectum and go get the man who built this program back.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

No teaching certificate !!!!!!!! Wasn't a problem before was it ?????? A lot of single A teams with enrollment of 200 kids are a coin flip away from having a football team or not. Most would be lucky if the janitor was the coach but not Greenback or that's what their leaders think. Most counties would have shut down a school with only 200 kids and sent part to Loudon and the other half to Lenior City. Now with the football in peril we have to have a bonified educated idiot with his papers to prove it. Where the ale did that get ya the last time. Greenback is a small community and don't need to go fishing for a coach from the outside or they'll keep meeting the same fate over and over. I expected we would all be gathered around this chat table on the last hire in two years not two weeks. Now will someone please remove their proud head from their rectum and go get the man who built this program back.

I am by no means suggesting GR isSuggesting he built that program is a little bit of exaggeration. He didn't come into a program that was in shambles, he took over after they went 35-12 the previous 4 years. But during his 5 years off success, not sure his last year was too good, (which could have been part of his departure, realization of how difficult it can be without superior athletes) he had 3 TN Titan football winners. 2 of his players went on to play at D1 schools. He had the Jimmy's and Joe's. He didn't take a toyota corolla and turn it into this 400 horsepower machine, he took the keys to a 450 horsepower camaro, pressed the gas and steered. I'm not suggesting they shouldn't bring him back either, but some of you act like he is a Guru of a coach, and I disagree with that. I also think if he sees the talent pool start drying up he would be quick to search for a new job and some of you all would justify it for him. Greenback has potential this year and if he came back and they were successful, little credit would be given to the athletes they have and the easier schedule and it would be a bunch of I told you sos. But time will tell, I am curious to see what they decide. The kids needd ti be priority and future of the program needs to be the focus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RowdyCowboy said:

I am by no means suggesting GR isSuggesting he built that program is a little bit of exaggeration. He didn't come into a program that was in shambles, he took over after they went 35-12 the previous 4 years. But during his 5 years off success, not sure his last year was too good, (which could have been part of his departure, realization of how difficult it can be without superior athletes) he had 3 TN Titan football winners. 2 of his players went on to play at D1 schools. He had the Jimmy's and Joe's. He didn't take a toyota corolla and turn it into this 400 horsepower machine, he took the keys to a 450 horsepower camaro, pressed the gas and steered. I'm not suggesting they shouldn't bring him back either, but some of you act like he is a Guru of a coach, and I disagree with that. I also think if he sees the talent pool start drying up he would be quick to search for a new job and some of you all would justify it for him. Greenback has potential this year and if he came back and they were successful, little credit would be given to the athletes they have and the easier schedule and it would be a bunch of I told you sos. But time will tell, I am curious to see what they decide. The kids needd ti be priority and future of the program needs to be the focus.

You can disagree all you want, but numbers don’t lie.

6 Seasons prior to Ryan - .671 Overall win %, .625 District win %, .444 Playoff win %

6 Seasons under Ryan - .829 Overall win %, .971 District win %, .791 Playoff win %

His teams lost 1 district game in 6 years, and that during  Covid affected season where you were lucky to have enough players available to take the field.

If you want to credit it all to superior athletes, maybe it’s worth considering that he helped to develop that talent into Mr. Football and D1 (actually 6) players, as well as attracted talent from outlying areas that wanted to benefit from his coaching. Did the talent just show up, or was it developed? 

Let’s also not forget Ryan’s contribution to our state championship baseball team.

If you truly think that the kids are the priority here, talk to any of the ones who played for Ryan (including the ones still at Greenback) and see who they would rather have as coach. No contest.

• Like 2