Greenback 2023

orngnblk

Wow. I stayed off of this topic for a few days because I thought everything was going well and then today I decide to look and see that this happened. Sad situation, it really is. As RLH mentioned earlier in the thread, we had this happen twice. Once just before spring practice and once just after the first game. Both times we ended up in the state championship game. But if what I'm reading on here is correct then the wrong hire may be coming soon. I hope that's not the case. I really miss those semifinal battles. But two wrong hires in a row can be devastating.

Good luck. If this goes the way some of y'all are saying then I'd seriously put a for sale sign in someones yard and have a moving van in front of their house.

4 hours ago, AlBundy said:

The so-called “search” committee should have to meet Greenback residents and explain this embarrassment.

The two that represented the community is solid people. And i hope the new principal is doesn't think this is best , I think he is doing what he is told by the other people on the committee. Such as the Assistant director, the districts school board member and the athletic director. The two from the community did not know that they offered the first guy the job until the kids told one of them.  I found out today that one resume that was turned in on FEB 6 was never even seen by the Principal, or committee members if I was told right.    

4 hours ago, sportsntnhs said:

Greenback crybaby wagon train has forgotten how Ryan left you high and dry when the talent and big boys graduated. He didn't have time to coach up the boys who played with their heart, blood and soul. Just left them behind to fend for themselves. Then your sorry bandwagon jumped on with Coach E who destroyed the boys spirit.

Shame on every one of you! So you guys want someone to teach our young men to run away when the going gets tough instead of standing staying, working and fighting! You guys should just stay home this fall.

Our boys need people who believe in them not a has been or wanna be! Getta Grip GB cause you are going to be in for a ride! Our boys are strong and our new coaching staff ain't taking anything from anybody. Don't blink, cause if you do, you're going to miss the best football season Greenback has ever had! 

You’re a joke! You have no clue what it takes to get any team with or without great athletes to a championship level. And don’t worry we won’t be there or care about your ride! Your Loudon county school board buddies can get you the job but they darn sure can’t get you wins! Getting the last guy fired was the first obstacle and it worked out. Then we got a commissioner threatening to hold funds then bashing coach Ryan’s name to hopefully have a avenue to slide in. All Loudon guys making the decision for a GB head football coach is comical. Worked out good for you though. William Blount should have had Robbie Bennett from Heritage make their hire. You’ll find out this fall that stabbing guys in the back don’t go over well at GB. And calling the whole GB fan base crybabies might not be the smartest path to take. There are a few of us that would be happy to have a one on one about what exactly you meant by some of you statements.

24 minutes ago, crow said:

EE= slow death. This one is potentially a swift sword to the neck. Both end in the same way, just how long is the suffering to get there. 

Well i guess thats one way to look at it... its just hard to swallow that "double barrel middle finger" pill right now but oh well. I guess i'll join the Barstool Oneida now on twitter

I'm surprised Tim Hammontree didn't try for this job being from Greenback. I did want Ryan to get this job but things don't always workout how we want. With the first hire backing out as he did I'm pretty sure in my mind he opened the right door and found all the skeltons he needed to see and got out of this mess which I don't blame him at all just like Wag did before taking his name out of the hat. I don't hold anything against the new coach because he has been apart of the staff since 2015. The people who did the hiring are the one's everybody needs to be directed to if not happy about the outcome. 

Edited by BarneySox2007

33 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

That A.D. at Greenback needs to be fired after what I just heard from someone a few minutes ago from Grenback that knows what's going on.

The AD is a joke! She doesn't care about the program. She spends 3 days at Loudon and 2 at Greenback  . How is she responsible for hiring a coach for Greenback? 

5 hours ago, glenfromgreenback said:

Well i guess thats one way to look at it... its just hard to swallow that "double barrel middle finger" pill right now but oh well. I guess i'll join the Barstool Oneida now on twitter

Oh I understand. It sucks all the way around. 

The Greenback hire is so important because you have 100 boy's in that school to hopefully pick a group for a football team from. A major disruption could cause so much damage it could disrupt things so bad you may not have enough to field a team. The actions taken by the fools in charge and how they went about things may have sent the wheels rolling yesterday. Some of the stories I heard from people I know there were not positive and many are done with their support and will never go back. Should have just started over but after the first hire. I'm sure they thought we've been exposed and started scrambling to put out the fire. Don't know what their problems with Ryan were but it must of been bad to have went the route they did.

Edited by BarneySox2007