Greenback 2023

orngnblk

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Just curious does the new coach have a college degree, I know that was brought up a few times when Ryan applied for jobs.

No he does not. Ryan graduated at ETSU and also has his teaching certificate. He was teaching at GB before he left for Catholic. 

I'm being told many times by others Ryan didn't but that's fine. Wasn't sure what the qualifications for the head spot was at Greenback. I hope he catches on somewhere else. One day your in the running for the Kingsport D-B job and the next they won't even give you a blanket and a warm meal at a place you took to the state championship game. Your not even in the running against someone with a" Bachelor of Farts Certificate" from a Krystal hamburger eating contest. They should change the name of the place down there to Stupidville in honor of who all is running it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I'm being told many times by others Ryan didn't but that's fine. Wasn't sure what the qualifications for the head spot was at Greenback. I hope he catches on somewhere else. One day your in the running for the Kingsport D-B job and the next they won't even give you a blanket and a warm meal at a place you took to the state championship game. Your not even in the running against someone with a" Bachelor of Farts Certificate" from a Krystal hamburger eating contest. They should change the name of the place down there to Stupidville in honor of who all is running it.

Trust me, he has a teaching certificate. I’m not guessing I’ve seen it in the past. But yeah new coach does not! Barely high school. 

This is one of those “We’re on a Board” type of power plays that happens all over the country. I don’t know who was on the “committee” and I don’t care. I believe all of your smoke signals that were thrown up during the initial hire (which probably would have been great but his family wouldn’t move) irritated some of those high and mighty pressed shirts and they said “We’ll show them who’s boss” on this one (if the Coconut Telegraph on CoachT is true). Sometimes those folks need to have a measuring contest and when they’re behind closed doors, theirs is always longer. No rulers needed. 

Edited by gcapride

So I want to make sure I get this right. The Loudon county school board passed on the greatest football coach in Greenback history since 1957 (Greg Ryan) for an ex-Loudon county Cricket coach. There is 0 chance anyone on the committee chose this guy unless they wanted to watch Greenback go up in flames and burn to ashes like a remake of the city of Pompeii…. unless they were pro-Loudon and hate seeing Greenback take all the glory in the county for a stellar football program. Correct me if I’m wrong. (I’m not)