Greenback 2023

orngnblk

For most of these coaches Greenback is only a stepping stone for bigger and better school. 
Ryan left for bigger school and more money and now he needs a place to restore his chance of getting another job and Greenback would be just temporary. 

while he was there he tried to find another job at the end of every season. 

20 hours ago, Pirate2003 said:

Hire someone that wants to be there for a long time. That’s one of the keys to small school programs. 

Programs don't want loyalty it seems. They want the flashy, popular hire that flames out every 3 years (not saying that is what Greenback is doing here). I dream of being a head coach of a program for the next 20+ years. I coordinated for 7 years but I never networked with the coaching community. If I had it to do again, I would have introduced myself to every coach, administrator, and AD that I ever met. 

I hope Greenback gets the right guy! I think they are looking for that home run hire!

Edited by housemouse

12 hours ago, Frontman said:

Ryan left for bigger school and more money and now he needs a place to restore his chance of getting another job and Greenback would be just temporary. 

I can confirm this as well. People on committees that receive resumes talk. That is one reason there is hesitation this time. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

Coach Ryan should have supplemented his income with the concession stand money. That could have offset the pay difference between him and the other Loudon County coaches. I don't think any of them have been to a State Championship let alone 4 out of 5 years. If Ryan applied it should be his job. If the A.D. is trying to block it the community needs to know the reason.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Frontman said:

For most of these coaches Greenback is only a stepping stone for bigger and better school. 

This isn’t true. He wasn’t even being paid as a teacher for most of the time he was at Greenback and stuck it out. Only the last year they decided to pay him other than a small stipend. Only applied for other jobs the last couple years to play against some better competition. He definitely is a true Greenback guy unlike some other great coaches that’s came before him. I know him well and Greenback would be lucky to get him back. If GB hires him I’m sure he’ll retire from there. If they don’t hire him, yes he’ll find another spot and they’ll be fun to watch. GB must have burned you, you sound like quite the hater.

• Like 2

The folks that are doing all the negative campaigning against Ryan can’t put their long-standing personal grudges away for long enough to consider what another disastrous hire would do to this program in the long term. If another bad hire is made, the exodus of players will be such that Greenback won’t even be able to field a team.

If the people who are trashing Ryan’s possible hire were as community oriented as they pretend to be, they would support the candidate that is obviously best for the school and the community. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, AlBundy said:

The folks that are doing all the negative campaigning against Ryan can’t put their long-standing personal grudges away for long enough to consider what another disastrous hire would do to this program in the long term. If another bad hire is made, the exodus of players will be such that Greenback won’t even be able to field a team.

If the people who are trashing Ryan’s possible hire were as community oriented as they pretend to be, they would support the candidate that is obviously best for the school and the community. 

Amen!!! The adults need to grow up and get over their personal vendettas. This should have been an easy hiring decision….a no brainer, but instead a few are trying to pull the wool over people’s eyes. It’s about these young student athletes, not the adults who are acting like children.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlBundy said:

:thumb:

I’m gonna go ahead and say this… anyone spewing at the mouth regarding Greg Ryan and attacking his character or whatever else you’re throwing stones at, you need to hit the road. And I believe some of us know who the main culprit is. I’m a former player who had the privilege of having Coach Ryan as a coach. I can promise you this and you can ask numerous other players that have played football under coach Ryan at GB, he COACHES the game to his players. Most people outside of the locker room don’t have a clue the knowledge some of his players have gained about the game of football. As a former QB, I can say there aren’t many 1A coaches/teams that give their offense the ability to have 2-3 different checks for each play called and can trust their players to make the right decision on the play that should be run simply off the way he has coached the game to us. Heck, he had players on his teams at GB that could partially coach the game themselves because he made sure we knew the game like the back of our hand. If you find a better candidate to be the head coach for Greenback, you better go buy a lottery ticket. Politics need to be left out of that town but some people can’t take a back seat and have to see through to their own vendetta. Those are the people that should’ve been gone many years ago. 

• Like 2