Greenback 2023

orngnblk

10 hours ago, cherokee23 said:

I’m gonna go ahead and say this… anyone spewing at the mouth regarding Greg Ryan and attacking his character or whatever else you’re throwing stones at, you need to hit the road. And I believe some of us know who the main culprit is. I’m a former player who had the privilege of having Coach Ryan as a coach. I can promise you this and you can ask numerous other players that have played football under coach Ryan at GB, he COACHES the game to his players. Most people outside of the locker room don’t have a clue the knowledge some of his players have gained about the game of football. As a former QB, I can say there aren’t many 1A coaches/teams that give their offense the ability to have 2-3 different checks for each play called and can trust their players to make the right decision on the play that should be run simply off the way he has coached the game to us. Heck, he had players on his teams at GB that could partially coach the game themselves because he made sure we knew the game like the back of our hand. If you find a better candidate to be the head coach for Greenback, you better go buy a lottery ticket. Politics need to be left out of that town but some people can’t take a back seat and have to see through to their own vendetta. Those are the people that should’ve been gone many years ago. 

I wish the votes of the selection committee would be made public so we could see who supports our school and community. This shouldn’t be a secret process.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, cherokee23 said:

I’m gonna go ahead and say this… anyone spewing at the mouth regarding Greg Ryan and attacking his character or whatever else you’re throwing stones at, you need to hit the road. And I believe some of us know who the main culprit is. I’m a former player who had the privilege of having Coach Ryan as a coach. I can promise you this and you can ask numerous other players that have played football under coach Ryan at GB, he COACHES the game to his players. Most people outside of the locker room don’t have a clue the knowledge some of his players have gained about the game of football. As a former QB, I can say there aren’t many 1A coaches/teams that give their offense the ability to have 2-3 different checks for each play called and can trust their players to make the right decision on the play that should be run simply off the way he has coached the game to us. Heck, he had players on his teams at GB that could partially coach the game themselves because he made sure we knew the game like the back of our hand. If you find a better candidate to be the head coach for Greenback, you better go buy a lottery ticket. Politics need to be left out of that town but some people can’t take a back seat and have to see through to their own vendetta. Those are the people that should’ve been gone many years ago. 

I garuntee they better hire this Ryan man if they want to get them out houses around the honey hole filled like they once were.  Them things got cob webs by now.  You think im joking but im not. 

Grapevine says that a Decatur County Riverside coach was offered the Greenback job and has turned it down.
Greenback folks need to get on the phone with selection committee members and let them know in no uncertain terms that we will not accept anybody but Greg Ryan at this point. This is not a decision that needs to be made by disgruntled administrators or politicians and their puppets.

Edited by AlBundy
incorrect information

9 minutes ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

As an outsider looking in, if Ryan really wants the job then no one else should even be considered. It should be his.

For those worried he would just be there a short time, he'll leave you in a much better place than you are now.

The “he would just be there a short time” excuse is the only defense offered by those who have a personal agenda against Ryan. Lots of jealousy exists because of the success he had here.