Greenback 2023

orngnblk

31 minutes ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

It could be worse gentlemen. if you have great players like you say then a less than average coach would have to deliberately do things to make you lose. Great players are going to win a lot of games for you. 

Not great players but good players.These kids won the Maryville/Alcoa youth league,Battle of Rocky Top.Good players still need direction and an offense that can put points on the board.The defense played very well most nights but you give most teams short Fields and it almost impossible to hold the water back with a finger in the dam.The offense was horrible and the play calling worse.Game management also bad.He is in way over his head,just not head coach material. 

• Like 1

Well we finally got rid of him now if we can get rid of this person that is supposed to be a coach!!!!!!! I hope the new administration will see what a completely terrible hire this was by a bad administrator, supposedly just because he didn't want anyone with ties to GREENBACK. It is sad when you hear the opposing fans say that whoever laid the game plan for the offense didn't know what he was doing because we were playing to their strengths. And to sit there and watch stupid mistake after stupid mistake game after game. It is hard to watch. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Not great players but good players.These kids won the Maryville/Alcoa youth league,Battle of Rocky Top.Good players still need direction and an offense that can put points on the board.The defense played very well most nights but you give most teams short Fields and it almost impossible to hold the water back with a finger in the dam.The offense was horrible and the play calling worse.Game management also bad.He is in way over his head,just not head coach material. 

Does he go for 4th and 35 from inside his own 5 yard line?  Play calling?? Who am I to question it. I am a football fan but I don’t know “what plays” to call and if they are good or bad. If they work I guess we all think they are good and if they don’t I guess we think they are bad. lol

7 hours ago, GFD709SHREK said:

Well we finally got rid of him now if we can get rid of this person that is supposed to be a coach!!!!!!! I hope the new administration will see what a completely terrible hire this was by a bad administrator, supposedly just because he didn't want anyone with ties to GREENBACK. It is sad when you hear the opposing fans say that whoever laid the game plan for the offense didn't know what he was doing because we were playing to their strengths. And to sit there and watch stupid mistake after stupid mistake game after game. It is hard to watch. 

The old saying is by the time you have seen 3 years you know what you’ve got. Most people get 3 years to implement and install their stuff. If he can’t get it done after year 3 then I’d say by all means move on to someone else. 

1 hour ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

Does he go for 4th and 35 from inside his own 5 yard line?  Play calling?? Who am I to question it. I am a football fan but I don’t know “what plays” to call and if they are good or bad. If they work I guess we all think they are good and if they don’t I guess we think they are bad. lol

You nailed it.Against OS last year 4th and 25 2 mins before half with the lead went for it on our 25!!!They get the ball on downs throw a 20 yard pass and score on nxt play going in.This year at Unaka 4th an 3 on our 40 does same thing lose momentum right off the bat first drive they score 4 plays later.Numerous other calls.This is why we are losing our mind!

Unaka was calling our plays out before we ran them by watching film on us.He NEVER adjusted.They picked a WR screen off on our 5.They were waiting on it.

Edited by orngnblk
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

You nailed it.Against OS last year 4th and 25 2 mins before half with the lead went for it on our 25!!!They get the ball on downs throw a 20 yard pass and score on nxt play going in.This year at Unaka 4th an 3 on our 40 does same thing lose momentum right off the bat first drive they score 4 plays later.Numerous other calls.This is why we are losing our mind!

Unaka was calling our plays out before we ran them by watching film on us.He NEVER adjusted.They picked a WR screen off on our 5.They were waiting on it.

4th and 3 on your 40 isn’t bad I’ve seen lots do that but 4th and 25 on your own 25 isn’t smart. He must have thought your defense would keep them out of the end zone. On the screen..I’ve seen that happen in college ball. Sometimes they guess right or maybe they stole his signals. 

3 hours ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

The old saying is by the time you have seen 3 years you know what you’ve got. Most people get 3 years to implement and install their stuff. If he can’t get it done after year 3 then I’d say by all means move on to someone else. 

When the first two years are an absolute train wreck!!!! There is no need for a third year unless you just want to pull the plug on the program!!!