Greenback 2023

orngnblk

24 minutes ago, Frontman said:

When the first two years are an absolute train wreck!!!! There is no need for a third year unless you just want to pull the plug on the program!!!

Understandable but wasn’t 2020 an absolute train wreck as well?  That was a really bad team. I understand you guys are frustrated after 3 straight bad years. Question,.  Does this coach want to continue to coach at Greenback? Does anyone know?

you can go back and look at his history anywhere he has  been he is not a head coach. He stepped down supposedly at Sweetwater on his own because he couldn't do it. He made stupid mistakes at his first job playing a kid that wasn't medically cleared. If you watched his so called play calling you wouldn't have to ask if he needed a third year. 

3 hours ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

Understandable but wasn’t 2020 an absolute train wreck as well?  That was a really bad team. I understand you guys are frustrated after 3 straight bad years. Question,.  Does this coach want to continue to coach at Greenback? Does anyone know?

Whether he wants to continue to coach is irrelevant. From what I hear he has already lost the confidence of the players and fans. He needs to move on. 

9 hours ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

Now you brought up a great point.Covid!LOL.We played our first 4 games missing 5 starters and also had some "covid"losses not to mention lost 2 of the best 1A players in history AND our 6'3 280 pound monster transferred to Alcoa after the Loudon game saying he was out for the season with a foot injury. BUT we improved once we got players healthy and blew out Unaka round one,scored the winning touchdown against Coalfield but was ruled down (undisputed video evidence on the goaline).So Coach Ryan had us playing as good as we could with these kids  Freshmen and we were extremely young.The upside was tremendous--Enter EE and we drop like a rock off of the lake road Bridge.JUST LIKE SWEETWATER DID WHEN HE ARRIVED!!Any more questions???

• Like 1

6 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Now you brought up a great point.Covid!LOL.We played our first 4 games missing 5 starters and also had some "covid"losses not to mention lost 2 of the best 1A players in history AND our 6'3 280 pound monster transferred to Alcoa after the Loudon game saying he was out for the season with a foot injury. BUT we improved once we got players healthy and blew out Unaka round one,scored the winning touchdown against Coalfield but was ruled down (undisputed video evidence on the goaline).So Coach Ryan had us playing as good as we could with these kids  Freshmen and we were extremely young.The upside was tremendous--Enter EE and we drop like a rock off of the lake road Bridge.JUST LIKE SWEETWATER DID WHEN HE ARRIVED!!Any more questions???

EE has a history of poor decisions and selfish ego driven behavior. Playing ineligible players, very predictable tendencies, unwillingness to change personnel when there is in game results proving the change needs to happen and unwillingness to admit his “system” isn’t working with the players currently on the roster but either isn’t willing or isn’t able to adapt. Anyone who actually watches him coach a game or two can see everywhere he’s been he has been unbelievably predictable and breeds a culture of quitting. Folks just need to check the resume. 

11 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Sounds like he is a useless human being? Scum of the earth that also is predictable in a lot of eyes.  

53 minutes ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

Sounds like he is a useless human being? Scum of the earth that also is predictable in a lot of eyes.  

Useless Human? Don’t know, never been around him but I doubt it. I’d say he’s a great guy and probably a wonderful father and husband. Bad head coach? Yep. 

11 hours ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

No wrong again.Those who know him say he is one of the nicest persons they have met.Guy checks all the boxes in that part.Some folks just aren't made to be football coaches.One guy said if I had a daughter and she brought him home and asked my permission to Marry him I would say of course,then said BUT I wouldn't let him coach my worst youth league team.Great man and person from what I am told.Just not a Football Coach.No body on here said he was a terrible person,we don't attack character,but I will call out a bad fit for our team and your fans/posters would too.We can't keep going backwards!!

Edited by orngnblk
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

lol it sounded pretty rough on here. I mean surely he’s not that terrible. Maybe he’s a better defensive coach. 

Maybe. He could even be a good OC if he had a HC telling him some of the big decisions to make like personnel and overall schemes to run based on the roster. He’s just proven when he’s calling the shots good things rarely come from it. Not saying he’ll never be a good HC but he ain’t there yet. 

On 12/25/2022 at 4:49 AM, crow said:

Maybe. He could even be a good OC if he had a HC telling him some of the big decisions to make like personnel and overall schemes to run based on the roster. He’s just proven when he’s calling the shots good things rarely come from it. Not saying he’ll never be a good HC but he ain’t there yet. 

I'd say give this ole boy another shot, his best is yet to come.