Greenback 2023

orngnblk

56 minutes ago, glenfromgreenback said:

Its starting to look like it... less than 10 ppl showed up to the workshop so the "main" ppl on the board just played dumb while a couple ppl spoke. Actual meeting is next week, hopefully there's a packed house. 

That's exactly how this country got into the mess it's in. They took one inch at a time and we all let it go but now that inch has grown into a couple of miles. We're all a like in some ways where we get up in the morning and get put on a hampster wheel called life and by the end of the day there isn't enough strength in us left to give a s###. They can have all the meetings they want to have but the real vote will be by the ones who will and will not allow their kids to play this year. If the worst happens that new museum in Greenback can have a section called "How the Three Amigos Voted to Killed the Football Team".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Week One of the ‘Hire Scotty Newman’s Buddy Show’ went exactly as expected, other than the blank/indignant look on the Greenback representative’s face when asked why he didn’t support Ryan. It was obvious that they had prepared for certain questions, particularly the one about Clemmer being dismissed from Edmiston’s staff (“There’s no documentation of that”). Hah!
Unless there’s a packed house next Thursday, including players and their parents, they’re gonna hire Scotty’s buddy, so we’ll be right back here in two more years, trying to resurrect the program. 

23 minutes ago, AlBundy said:

Week One of the ‘Hire Scotty Newman’s Buddy Show’ went exactly as expected, other than the blank/indignant look on the Greenback representative’s face when asked why he didn’t support Ryan. It was obvious that they had prepared for certain questions, particularly the one about Clemmer being dismissed from Edmiston’s staff (“There’s no documentation of that”). Hah!
Unless there’s a packed house next Thursday, including players and their parents, they’re gonna hire Scotty’s buddy, so we’ll be right back here in two more years, trying to resurrect the program. 

Don't forget 2017 he was also suspended by Jason Vance when he heard him cussing out a couple players on the sideline during a game.That should be on Spaffords records also along with him getting let go for the same actions last year from the Edminston guy,i love the paper when he told them he decided to take a year off--Yeah with a foot in his Arse!.I guess when your in the back pocket of Scott Newman you don't get recorded for wrong doing???

On 3/21/2023 at 7:19 PM, AlBundy said:

....People who are not confident in coaching staffs are known to take their kids to other schools...

I keep hearing a lot of buzz about the school down 411 and their young coach.  I'm sure the school between Vonore and Madisonville would take them.  Quite a few people that have been around football say they are just a couple pieces away from being really successful.  

Edited by footballinTN
misspelling
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, footballinTN said:

I keep hearing a lot of buzz about the school down 411 and their young coach.  I'm sure the school between Vonore and Madisonville would take them.  Quite a few people that have been around football say they are just a couple pieces away from being really successful.  

No matter where you think Greenback is as at the moment. They will always be a more premier program than Sequoyah. Greenback is Greenback and they will always have a shot at success and winning big. The same just can’t be said down 411. 

14 minutes ago, Pirate2003 said:

No matter where you think Greenback is as at the moment. They will always be a more premier program than Sequoyah. Greenback is Greenback and they will always have a shot at success and winning big. The same just can’t be said down 411. 

I don't know the dynamics out that way but there's no way you could possibly know that. Many in Gibson County scoffed when it was announced Medina was getting a high school. Now you could argue schools like Milan and Humboldt's athletic programs haven't been the same since South Gibson opened. 

45 minutes ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

I don't know the dynamics out that way but there's no way you could possibly know that. Many in Gibson County scoffed when it was announced Medina was getting a high school. Now you could argue schools like Milan and Humboldt's athletic programs haven't been the same since South Gibson opened. 

No he is right about this one.With a quality Coach at the helm Greenback will compete with EVERYONE we play BUT with the last guy and this one Sequoyah will have the upper hand and we would have and will struggle with them for now.We have the kids if we can keep them and it's not looking good but I could never see a quality kid leave for Seq!

Edited by orngnblk

Why not just give the guy a chance? He has to have something to offer maybe played college somewhere? This is supposed to be for kids not what you think is right. High school football is more than wins and losses you create men that go on to be a productive member of society. He obviously is good with kids coming from rec league. Give him a year see if he can win some games and be competitive in the ones he even loses. 

5 hours ago, EdForHeisman said:

Why not just give the guy a chance? He has to have something to offer maybe played college somewhere? This is supposed to be for kids not what you think is right. High school football is more than wins and losses you create men that go on to be a productive member of society. He obviously is good with kids coming from rec league. Give him a year see if he can win some games and be competitive in the ones he even loses. 

He’s been there before in an assistant capacity and was dismissed for reasons that contradict your assumptions about him. I don’t know him but I am aware of why he was asked to leave both times.