Greenback 2023

orngnblk

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

For the record the reason the A.D. voted for the coach with a losing record from Seymour was that Ryan wanted the A.D. job back and she wasn't ready to give that position up. Also the principal may have been pushed into voting for Milfy or lose his job by higher ups. It's a fact most anyone that could have changed this outcome would have lost their job someway or the other. Lesson from this hire is never hire a cop to be one of your elected officials or your town will be one of these Boss Hogg and Roscoe sideshows for everyone else to laugh about.

This is just crazy!Has to be the worst hire in all of TN high school football.Fired last year for his awful mouth,I heard he was also suspended a few years ago for same offense. Cant stay away from some of the mothers and never been a real coach.Hired by his rec league assistant Sargeant Newman on the school board.I really feel sorry for the Greenback faithful!

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

For the record the reason the A.D. voted for the coach with a losing record from Seymour was that Ryan wanted the A.D. job back and she wasn't ready to give that position up. Also the principal may have been pushed into voting for Milfy or lose his job by higher ups. It's a fact most anyone that could have changed this outcome would have lost their job someway or the other. Lesson from this hire is never hire a cop to be one of your elected officials or your town will be one of these Boss Hogg and Roscoe sideshows for everyone else to laugh about.

Sounds like boss Hogg and roscoe enjoy watching the milf man play the fiddle. 

40 minutes ago, Jim1972 said:

This is just crazy!Has to be the worst hire in all of TN high school football.Fired last year for his awful mouth,I heard he was also suspended a few years ago for same offense. Cant stay away from some of the mothers and never been a real coach.Hired by his rec league assistant Sargeant Newman on the school board.I really feel sorry for the Greenback faithful!

So the Philadelphia bull gets fired for using foul language around kids, plays another man’s fiddle, then gets promoted to head coach. I’m sure jerry falwell jr is proud, but the rest of us are wondering what’s going on in Portville. 

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, MurphyCollege said:

A milf a day keeps the Philadelphia bull at bay. 

All is quiet in Greenback Murphy. Will be interesting to see the turnout after this big coaching change at the jamboree 10 weeks from now. Most of my sources have dropped Greenback Football like a case of cold Bud Light. Hearing some fled to William Blount but I have no conformation other than gossip. Got a feeling the silent majority may be as noticable this year as the crowd at Target when they displayed their "Tuck-Friendly" swimwear.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/31/2023 at 9:19 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

All is quiet in Greenback Murphy. Will be interesting to see the turnout after this big coaching change at the jamboree 10 weeks from now. Most of my sources have dropped Greenback Football like a case of cold Bud Light. Hearing some fled to William Blount but I have no conformation other than gossip. Got a feeling the silent majority may be as noticable this year as the crowd at Target when they displayed their "Tuck-Friendly" swimwear.

Oh its sad to see Barn... i've reached out to a couple people and no body knows anything. But they got a website up... just a HC and several assistants listed, No OC, DC or nothing like that (at least the last i saw) 

6 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

What's the website? Your right nobody wants to talk about it. I guess we're all going to have to find out more eight and a half weeks from now at the jamboree.

Ran into a fellow who does the area sports on the Web and he told me the ripple effect from the ridiculous Clemmer hire has Greenback sports on the edge of a death rule.Longtime girls basketball coach Angie Roberts Lucier has resigned after 20 plus years and Baseball coach Ridenour has also resigned.Both were against the Clemmer hire and were "The best hire possible " advocates.Ridenour had a stacked house with a team loaded with Srs for next year so that one was a huge surprise!(Dont forget Ryan had a huge hand in the 2018 Baseball State Championship!also a outstanding coach in Baseball too) Looks like Matt Brookshire hasn't even had a full year as sitting principal and has fell to the good Ole boy system in the school board.He and Jesica Spafford have ruined Greenback for not standing up for the School,kids and Community. Casteel may have been a thorn BUT he would have NEVER hired Clemmer--Straight from the horses mouth by the way!

• Like 1

The whole thing stinks to high heaven. I'm sure Casteel had more backbone than a newly installed principal being pushed into a corner by higher ups. You can't have all these negative forces against you as a coach trying to get 25 boys out for high school football out of a 100 that go to school there. Everyone of my contacts have thrown their arms up in the air so it's been hard to find out how things are going in Greenback. I was just curious if Greenback was going to suffer the Bud Light effect where the whole town quits supporting or the Target syndrome where business slowed down quite a bit but still has customers that have no shame.