Greenback 2023

orngnblk

3 hours ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

Parents running the show though. You got to be careful about that. We all think we know best. That’s human nature. 

You could have expected too much after losing several division 1 players in 2019  Those guys don’t come around often. Look at SP last year. They had a RB go to UT Martin and a DL that could have went big. They graduated them and didn’t make it out of the second round. 

No need to beat a dead horse.His record before he came wasn't worthy of a program like Greenback.We wish him the best he seems to be a very good person just not a Head Coach.There was nothing to even build on for a year three we got worse and we have very good GB talent to work with by the way.We the Community don't run the program but most families have played here for generations and know what product we should put on the field,we as you all have the right to state our complaints.Our region the past 2 years have been the worst collectively other than a decent Oakdale team in 21.We haven't even competed for the region title.In 2020 after those "D1" players left Coach Ryan did a GREAT job by playoff time considering Covid left us not even having a starting lineup till week 7 or 8.we lose on a horrible call after we score with seconds left BUT we were in position to be a Semi team that year.We are so far behind its going to take a good coach a couple years to right our ship.Look back at GB history we don't have losing seasons stacked up.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, orngnblk said:

No need to beat a dead horse.His record before he came wasn't worthy of a program like Greenback.We wish him the best he seems to be a very good person just not a Head Coach.There was nothing to even build on for a year three we got worse and we have very good GB talent to work with by the way.We the Community don't run the program but most families have played here for generations and know what product we should put on the field,we as you all have the right to state our complaints.Our region the past 2 years have been the worst collectively other than a decent Oakdale team in 21.We haven't even competed for the region title.In 2020 after those "D1" players left Coach Ryan did a GREAT job by playoff time considering Covid left us not even having a starting lineup till week 7 or 8.we lose on a horrible call after we score with seconds left BUT we were in position to be a Semi team that year.We are so far behind its going to take a good coach a couple years to right our ship.Look back at GB history we don't have losing seasons stacked up.

I know you are good more than you’re not. But those “D1” players you emphasized above were in fact that level as that’s where they signed.  Those type players are hard to beat in small schools like ours.  I have nothing but respect for your program. My opinion was just that most coaches usually get 3 years. You couldn’t pay me enough money to be a coach or a ref..  The way I yell at both of them when I seemingly “knowing more” than they do and they are the ones getting paid to do the job. I’m as guilty as anyone but I am constantly working to not be any sort of way. 

48 minutes ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

I know you are good more than you’re not. But those “D1” players you emphasized above were in fact that level as that’s where they signed.  Those type players are hard to beat in small schools like ours.  I have nothing but respect for your program. My opinion was just that most coaches usually get 3 years. You couldn’t pay me enough money to be a coach or a ref..  The way I yell at both of them when I seemingly “knowing more” than they do and they are the ones getting paid to do the job. I’m as guilty as anyone but I am constantly working to not be any sort of way. 

Even in a bad year, there is no way GB should lose to Oakdale, Sunburnt etc.  That would be like SP losing to LV.  It has never happened.

1 hour ago, rlh said:

Even in a bad year, there is no way GB should lose to Oakdale, Sunburnt etc.  That would be like SP losing to LV.  It has never happened.

In 2021 they only lost to a good Cloudland team 42-24. Then lost to Arguably’s Sunbright’s best team ever  

In 2022 I see a few “losses” that may have been preventable.  Oliver Springs and Unaka are the ones that jump out. 

In the last few years. Knox Webb, Loudon, Coalfield should have been losses even with Nick Saban coaching. Look on the bright side. At least it hasn’t been so bad that it cost them a chance at playing in a state championship game the past two years.  They could have maybe won a playoff game or two each year though. 

2 hours ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

In 2021 they only lost to a good Cloudland team 42-24. Then lost to Arguably’s Sunbright’s best team ever  

In 2022 I see a few “losses” that may have been preventable.  Oliver Springs and Unaka are the ones that jump out. 

In the last few years. Knox Webb, Loudon, Coalfield should have been losses even with Nick Saban coaching. Look on the bright side. At least it hasn’t been so bad that it cost them a chance at playing in a state championship game the past two years.  They could have maybe won a playoff game or two each year though. 

Oakdale got boat raced by Cloudland in 2021 60 to 16 in the 2nd round.  They were 7 - 4 this past year.  Lookout Valley has had a few years like the past 2 Oakdale has had.  LV hung around with a very good Coalfield team late in the 2nd round 2011 as  well and SP blew that LV team out.  The 21 - 16 loss to Oakdale in 2021 was definitely preventable.

Edited by rlh

2 hours ago, rlh said:

Oakdale got boat raced by Cloudland in 2021 60 to 16 in the 2nd round.  They were 7 - 4 this past year.  Lookout Valley has had a few years like the past 2 Oakdale has had.  LV hung around with a very good Coalfield team late in the 2nd round 2011 as  well and SP blew that LV team out.  The 21 - 16 loss to Oakdale in 2021 was definitely preventable.

2 hours ago, rlh said:

I MEANT Oakdale.  Not Sunbright. 

If the parents had been running the show at Greenback then Castile and Spafford would have been gone long time ago!!

parents were still very hesitant even now because Castile and spafford had them very afraid to say anything because he would hold it against their child. They were afraid the new principal might do the same. 

On 1/21/2023 at 3:26 AM, orngnblk said:

Great news for Greenback!No need to explain,a fan of 1A football could see this problem blind folded.Your offense was incompetent!

10 hours ago, pdover1776 said:

Who are some assistants from the area (Knox included) that would fit the mold at Greenback?  I would think someone with years of experience and been a part of great programs and leadership is what ya'll need.  Someone ready to be a head coach not someone to continue being one if that makes sense...

So in other words you are saying a coach without head coaching experience that is hungry to become one.  We took that route a couple years ago.