Greenback 2023

orngnblk

3 hours ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

Any chance he gets a look to come back and coach? Not sure what he is up to now 

I would be very surprised if he did.  Don’t know if he would be allowed to bring in other schools players. He had players from at least 6 different schools while he was there. 

Ryan would be my pick if he's in the running.   Played against him, great QB, he had great accuracy and timing.  I knew he would be special when we played against him as a sophmore.  We did shut him out twice that year, but we were arguably had the best defense in school history. ( 9 shutouts that year ) not meaning to brag, lol!  I would like to think that he was the best Qb in Greenback history,  Heck, he set all kinds of records at ETSU !  

On 1/25/2023 at 5:28 AM, orngnblk said:

My intent was not to bash him in no means,I was just making a statement that there was over 50 applicants the last time and they hired a guy with minimal experience and a losing record with what experience he had.And YES he was the "Last guy" to have the job.You seem very moved about this situation for some reason.I am one of those type that I like to see teams get better,it makes our side of the state that much tougher come playoff time.a bad fit is a bad fit.We don't have the issues you did with Coach Moore he could actually coach!Some of Your folks were just shell shocked when Grider left on his own and mommies got involved.We knew from the start from this coaches resume it was a big cluster from the beginning.4 trips to Cookeville and they made that hire.Alot of folks were scratching their head not just us.We will always be the team that Unaka won their first playoff game on and it wasn't even competitive!You are right in one instance---Finally time to move on!It is actually nice to talk football related issues tho!:thumb:

O&b man I garuntee you better start getting them out houses around the honey hole with them nice views rented out.  Let me ask you a question.  Did that Ryan man take the keys to the out houses when he left?

50 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

O&b man I garuntee you better start getting them out houses around the honey hole with them nice views rented out.  Let me ask you a question.  Did that Ryan man take the keys to the out houses when he left?

Roy… I have bought all the property around the honey hole. They are available now only thru BPM NIL deals. And I ain’t joking either. 

6 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Roy… I have bought all the property around the honey hole. They are available now only thru BPM NIL deals. And I ain’t joking either. 

Now little buddy I garuntee them maryville transfers will give prime money for them out houses around the honey hole.  You think im joking but im not. 

20 hours ago, Roy Dillard said:

Now little buddy I garuntee them maryville transfers will give prime money for them out houses around the honey hole.  You think im joking but im not. 

Come one, come all.lol just make sure they live in or own property in Loudon County... You know Roy you should apply for the job? I bet the OnB man will put in a good word for you... Coach Dillard sounds good! You think im joking but im not

On 1/25/2023 at 8:10 PM, rtl112 said:

Ryan would be my pick if he's in the running.   Played against him, great QB, he had great accuracy and timing.  I knew he would be special when we played against him as a sophmore.  We did shut him out twice that year, but we were arguably had the best defense in school history. ( 9 shutouts that year ) not meaning to brag, lol!  I would like to think that he was the best Qb in Greenback history,  Heck, he set all kinds of records at ETSU !  

What was your number when you played.  I played at GB during that time frame.  May have crossed paths.

6 hours ago, GinchNarb said:

What was your number when you played.  I played at GB during that time frame.  May have crossed paths.

I'm sure we did, #22 TB/OLB . Greenback was the first team to cross the 50 yard line that year against us in a 10-7 hard fought victory. We met again in the 2nd round of playoffs in which we won 15-0.   The following week we were eliminated by Trousdale County who scored more points than we had  scored  against us in total  of all season (35).  It took 23 more years before Greenback got a playoff victory against us when we met in the playoffs.  But when GB got that Monkey off their back it seemed like they probably had their best decade in school history till the last few seasons.  Be interesting to see where it goes from here!

On 1/28/2023 at 5:09 AM, rtl112 said:

I'm sure we did, #22 TB/OLB . Greenback was the first team to cross the 50 yard line that year against us in a 10-7 hard fought victory. We met again in the 2nd round of playoffs in which we won 15-0.   The following week we were eliminated by Trousdale County who scored more points than we had  scored  against us in total  of all season (35).  It took 23 more years before Greenback got a playoff victory against us when we met in the playoffs.  But when GB got that Monkey off their back it seemed like they probably had their best decade in school history till the last few seasons.  Be interesting to see where it goes from here!

You were probably done gone when we played coalfield in 92