Smoky Bears Off-season thread

Bueller

On 2/16/2023 at 2:07 PM, 1OldPatriot said:

Do you know who I am? How would you know if I had a tape or not? Just because I don't share the tape on here (which I don't know how to do or think is possible) it didn't happen? As I said, beating JC right now is no big deal. Poor offensive scheme and horrendous special teams play doomed the Pats all year. Could SC have gone 9-1? Sure. They also could have lost a couple more as well. But they also had no QB talent. You can't win without a QB these days.

A. Yeah I do, really surprised you haven’t figured it out yet. 
B. I agree for most teams it would be no big deal. But for our student athletes to overcome the lack of development on the offensive side of the ball, beating Jeff co was a big deal for us in Sevier County.

C. SC should have gone 9-1 has been my point all along. As for losing a couple more, the only one I can think of is if SC had played central later in the year then fountain city wins that game. 

D. As far QB play I blame  the guy taking selfies at Detroit community college, not a kid that’s 6’2 with a rocket arm. I guess that’s the one area we disagree 

Just curious Old Murph, what is your great insight and knowledge to this program. 6'2" and rocket arm, does not always mean a kid can or will have success. Can they read a defense? Do they stare at rush? Or better yet are there enough or any play makers to help? And what about the OL? Just saying. But of course seems like all you can do is spew and spout venom about this OC and head coach. JMO

3 hours ago, FBisphysical said:

Just curious Old Murph, what is your great insight and knowledge to this program. 6'2" and rocket arm, does not always mean a kid can or will have success. Can they read a defense? Do they stare at rush? Or better yet are there enough or any play makers to help? And what about the OL? Just saying. But of course seems like all you can do is spew and spout venom about this OC and head coach. JMO

From what I'm hearing that the leaders from New Salem and Union Hill would be rolling in their graves at the lack of development on the offensive side of the ball and that was said by someone at this mornings Coach T breakfast get together at the Hardee's coming into Severville on the 3rd Saturday every month starting at 8 a.m. and sometimes runs right into lunch time if the topics are hot.

• Upvote 1

On 2/18/2023 at 5:56 PM, FBisphysical said:

My great insight is sitting in the stands and watching a QB not point his front fooot, not using his hips when he throws, and taking too long to make a decision on where to go with the ball. Reading a defense, staring at the rush, or staring down the receiver is coaching, JMO. You’re born with height and a big arm. The skills are developed through repetition facilitated by a good coach using the right drills and teaching proper fundamentals  JMO. Also JMO, but we had the play makers to go 9-1. In my opinion the only team with more athletes was the flyin rebs from Sutherland. They had the better team and I have no problem saying that. As for the OL, based on the reports I saw the baseball player graded out far better than anyone else. Maybe the baseball coach can get an assistant to run the fall ball games and he can coach O line in the fall. I don’t consider expressing an opinion about football on a football message board to be “spewing venom” JMO. But I do appreciate the fact that you hang on every word I say and have 3 different accounts to respond to me. Me personally, I appreciate free speech. I won’t accuse you of spewing venom because you disagree with me.  I won’t publicly beg coach t to lock a thread because someone says something I don’t like. I wont make an account to insult and slander someone then get the thread deleted because my boss found out and made me delete my comments. And I definitely wont try to fight fans after losing to Newport because I’ve never lost to Newport at anything.

On 2/18/2023 at 9:14 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

From what I'm hearing that the leaders from New Salem and Union Hill would be rolling in their graves at the lack of development on the offensive side of the ball and that was said by someone at this mornings Coach T breakfast get together at the Hardee's coming into Severville on the 3rd Saturday every month starting at 8 a.m. and sometimes runs right into lunch time if the topics are hot.

Always enjoy the breakfast and the conversation. I just wish Sevierville cared about football. It’s just an afterthought now. 

I really don't know if rocket arm would develop into a good qb or not, every photo that I have ever seen has his eyes closed when throwing the tater. With the lost talent on defense, things might not go well for the purple clad bears this season. The blue kilt wearers have everyone returning and they've all put in a lot of work above the tunnel from what I've seen. 

On 2/21/2023 at 1:40 PM, ThinkFastRunFast said:

I really don't know if rocket arm would develop into a good qb or not, every photo that I have ever seen has his eyes closed when throwing the tater. With the lost talent on defense, things might not go well for the purple clad bears this season. The blue kilt wearers have everyone returning and they've all put in a lot of work above the tunnel from what I've seen. 

I don’t know either. But I think he’d have a better chance under the guy that developed a tusculum commit and the vandy commit instead of the guy that got shutout by arrowmont. JMO though. I was worried about next year until I got on coach t and read that I was just spewing venom. Obviously the coaches we got from kodak are doing a fantastic job and I for one trust the process. GoBears and #JDIR. And we all know why arrowmont recruits so well. Been going on since the 80s. Had NIL before NIL was cool. They did go outside for the past 2 coaches. I thought Rang did a good job and it looks like Waggoner is doing a good job too, JMO though. Honestly, they may be the best team in the county. 

22 hours ago, jna71305 said:

Sitting in the stands you can sure see a lot. That is usually where all the good insight and knowledge comes from. All starting too make sense know. 

I guess I touched a nerve with you.  I apologize for that. My office is a couple blocks from the Appalachian. Let me know when you can chat and I’ll buy you a bourbon drink. 

Edited by MurphyCollege