Harriman football

Frontman

4 hours ago, FastGunFIfe said:

I might be wrong, but I think Vonore High School combined with Madisonville High School to form Sequoyah High School. Also in the late 70's, Lanier High School and Friendsville High School combined to form William Blount HIgh School in Blount County. Three years earlier, Porter High School, Walland High School, Townsend High School, and  Everett High School formed Heritage High School in the mid 70's. I also think some of the Everett students eventually made their way to William Blount later. 

Yes Vonore and Madisonville are Seq.Greenback played both in late 80s and 90s.

14 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I went to the very first game Heritage played in 1977 against McMinn County which they beat McMinn in overtime. Also went to the first William Blount game in 1979 against Maryville which Maryville won 17-0.

Hey, Barney. I also attended that very first Heritage football game. If I'm not mistaken in each of the first games in the three major men's sports (football, basketball, and baseball), they all needed overtime or extra innings to complete the game. If you go to the trophy case, there are game balls to confirm it. That is crazy to me. 

On 1/19/2023 at 6:54 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

I went to the very first game Heritage played in 1977 against McMinn County which they beat McMinn in overtime. Also went to the first William Blount game in 1979 against Maryville which Maryville won 17-0.

From what I seen we (mcminn) were God awful in late 70s & early 80s.  Think everyone has lows and highs, but looking back at some of those teams I wonder why