Coffee co?

Nontypical

3 hours ago, ScottyP said:

Coffee County will not win any state titles in any sport until the city of Manchester and the county can become economically beneficial to foster growth. Of those schools you listed all of them except for Coffee and Cookeville are located in counties with at least 100,000 residents. Of the schools you listed all of them are located in counties with a 4-year university except for Coffee.

Once upon a time TSSAA titles went through places like Shelbyville, Lawrenceburg, Fayetteville, Winchester, and Lynchburg. Now, over 50% of them go through Rutherford County and over 90% of them go through Shelby, Davidson, Rutherford, Knox, Hamilton, Bradley, Wilson, Sumner, Williamson, and Montgomery Counties. That's 10 counties out of 95 counties that capture over 90% of the TSSAA state titles at all levels in all sports. That is not a coincidence. That is by design. That's not just how it is in Tennessee. That's everywhere in every state.

The more urban you are, the better your schools will be academically and athletically because of the wealth the population brings in highly developed economic and educational centers.

Coffee has a good girl's basketball team, but they can't win championships when wealthier schools in Bradley, Knox, and Rutherford Counties can afford better weight rooms, S&C programs, higher pay to staff, coaches, and athletic trainers, better facilities overall, etc.  That's just how it is and how it's always going to be.

AAAA I will tend to maybe agree with your analysis more, but there are schools everywhere winning titles in A-AAA that are not big in population. I lived and sold real estate in Rutherford County and Williamson County for 15 years. Not necessarily an equipment advantage as much as it is a people advantage with kids from everywhere moving in. First of all you have to hire a desirable coach. Look at Webb School in Bell Buckle. They come from Canada, FLA, CA all because of the coach not the meat and three’s there. Look at Riverdale now. They won what 6 Titles in 10 or 12 years and look at them now. 

24 minutes ago, ScottyP said:

Riverdale still wins titles in other sports. The Webb School in Bell Buckle is a private school with a sizeable endowment. Private schools are exempt from the population analysis as the wealth is built into the school itself not by the general population paying taxes but by wealthy donors who send their kids there.

Bradford, Greenfield and Gleason have won 10 Gold Balls and all about 150 kids  in their schools. I can go on and on. You got to have money and a good coach. All it takes is 5 on the floor. Just because Coffee County may not be as commercialized as Blackmon or Bradley Central doesn’t mean they won’t win the Gold. 

Edited by pioneer42

On 1/7/2023 at 8:45 PM, ScottyP said:

In the largest class for any given sport population size and wealth mean everything. Just take a look at last season's state title winners. Every single one came from a 100,000+ population county.

Football: Murfreesboro-Oakland

Boy's BB: Kingsport-Dobyns Bennett

Girl's BB: Knoxville-Bearden

Baseball: Knoxville-Farragut

Softball: Knoxville-Farragut

Soccer: Brentwood

Girl's Soccer: Knoxville-Bearden

Volleyball: Cleveland

I’ve seen Coffee Co several times. I think that they have a good shot at making the State. Yes their parents may be farming cows and living in box trailers but talent is talent. And nobody can tell me this team isn’t capable of playing with anyone in the State this year. Jus my take on them. They’ve got 2 really good and tall post players and 3 girls that can handle the ball and shoot 3’s. As well as a deep bench. They just beat Lin Co who was          
16-1 having won their tournament in Pensacola going 3-0 by 31. Their only other loss was to CC by 62-19 earlier in the season. So Coffee is definitely a team to contend with when things get Real. 

On 1/7/2023 at 3:46 PM, UCSportsFan said:

Aren’t Bearden and Bradley Central/Cleveland in same substate?

No. BCHS and CHS are in District 5AAAA, Region 3 that matches up with Region 4 (Murfreesboro) in the sub-state. Bearden is in region 2 (Knoxville area)  that matches up with region 1 (upper East Tennessee) in the sub-state.