Monterey Boys @ Clarkrange Game Tonight

panther14

Good Research.  But the question still remains, does YAI have to count Clarkrange's Enrollment? And, since YAI is fully state-funded supposedly, wouldnt it be fair to say for Monterey to Co-op with Clarkrange in Football?   Those kids that live on Hwy 62 and Martha Washington are a whole lot closer to Monterey than Jamestown.  I'm not sure if any plays in those areas or not.   But lets say they do, Why cant they go play on Monterey Football and not have to  be counted on Student Enrollment?   Believe me, Monterey would love to have Them on the Team!

Edited by blueeyes

29 minutes ago, blueeyes said:

Good Research.  But the question still remains, does YAI have to count Clarkrange's Enrollment? And, since YAI is fully state-funded supposedly, wouldnt it be fair to say for Monterey to Co-op with Clarkrange in Football?   Those kids that live on Hwy 62 and Martha Washington are a whole lot closer to Monterey than Jamestown.  I'm not sure if any plays in those areas or not.   But lets say they do, Why cant they go play on Monterey Football and not have to  be counted on Student Enrollment?   Believe me, Monterey would love to have Them on the Team!

Ask TSSAA. From what I understand Co-op does not mean they are counted.  It allows students to play a sport they otherwise wouldn't get to. If a student from the South end decides to attend York they are counted in numbers. 

So, I even bring out this Scenario..let me say first, I mean no disrespect to RBS or M Co...But would'nt it be more competitive if RBS Just dropped their Football team and Co-op'd with Macon Co.?  They (MC) could get seven or eight athletes off RBS Football Team and not have to count them on student enrollment for Classification...   Im saying this in regards to York and Clarkrange. .Heck, they might as well just cut RBS basketball too and Co-op with Macon.   Macon Co would love to have those athletes on the Boys and Girls teams.  Heck, Pickett needs to drop football and Co-op with York and LA.  In my opinion, that is Cheating or Needed Rules Changed if you Co-Op with a school and dont count their total student enrollment toward Classification.

Edited by blueeyes

OMG YAIDAD , that would be like saying, "How many Fentress Co. kids go to YAI?"  Monterey has NEVER got the Cream of the Crop from Algood or anywhere else in Putnam.   Only when we became Legit in Sports the last 10 years has this ever been in Question.  Like I said before, It has NEVER been questioned  who came to play at Monterey until they became Legit and not the Laughingstock of the District and Area when we were non-competitive.     

Edited by blueeyes

5 minutes ago, blueeyes said:

OMG YAIDAD , that would be like saying, "How many Fentress Co. kids go to YAI?"  Monterey has NEVER got the Cream of the Crop from Algood or anywhere else in Putnam.   Only when we became Legit in Sports the last 10 years has this ever been in Question.  Like I said before, It has NEVER been questioned  who came to play at Monterey until they became Legit and not the Laughingstock of the District and Area when we were non-competitive.     

I’d dare to tell you that you have more students from the north end going to school at Clarkrange than the other way around. It’s been that way here for years. Biggest difference is it’s not girl basketball players anymore. Every county that has more than one school has that with students just like they have the Co op agreement with different sports.  Sorry I stepped on your toes by calling out the lil ol mama Monterey. I just don’t buy it.  Definitely when you’re playing down and say your “whippin” someone.

4 hours ago, blueeyes said:

So Crow, would it be fair to say that Little ol Monterey is actually small when in Comparison to York?

I’m not sure I would be able to give an informed answer on that. I can say though that the secondary school in a co-op typically has very few players that attend other schools (host school) to play sports so counting 100% of the secondary schools enrollment would be equally unfair. I will however say I do believe some consideration should be given to the cooperative numbers similar to the old multiplier that was applied to private schools that played in public divisions. Maybe something along the lines of each player from a secondary school that plays varsity sports would add 2 students to the host enrollment numbers. I doubt it would matter in most cases but if if a host school is fielding 15-20 players it could make a difference occasionally. I want to be clear and on the record I do not think YAI or any other small host cooperative school is receiving anywhere near that number of varsity athletes in any single sport. That was just a “for instance” number.