Monterey Boys @ Clarkrange Game Tonight

panther14

17 hours ago, blueeyes said:

OMG YAIDAD , that would be like saying, "How many Fentress Co. kids go to YAI?"  Monterey has NEVER got the Cream of the Crop from Algood or anywhere else in Putnam.   Only when we became Legit in Sports the last 10 years has this ever been in Question.  Like I said before, It has NEVER been questioned  who came to play at Monterey until they became Legit and not the Laughingstock of the District and Area when we were non-competitive.     

Didn't  your 'college level player' attend 2 other high schools before little old monterey? 

I mean honestly, if you don't know what you are talking about then just be quiet.    Montereys best team from a few years ago had like 4 kids that lived in (and in some cases went to middle school in) Cookeville.    

They've even had players before that go to Cookeville High and then transfer to Monterey .    

You may be my new favorite user on this board. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/8/2023 at 12:36 PM, blueeyes said:

Good Research.  But the question still remains, does YAI have to count Clarkrange's Enrollment? And, since YAI is fully state-funded supposedly, wouldnt it be fair to say for Monterey to Co-op with Clarkrange in Football?   Those kids that live on Hwy 62 and Martha Washington are a whole lot closer to Monterey than Jamestown.  I'm not sure if any plays in those areas or not.   But lets say they do, Why cant they go play on Monterey Football and not have to  be counted on Student Enrollment?   Believe me, Monterey would love to have Them on the Team!

Different counties,  so doubt that ever happens. 

On 1/8/2023 at 5:38 PM, blueeyes said:

OMG YAIDAD , that would be like saying, "How many Fentress Co. kids go to YAI?"  Monterey has NEVER got the Cream of the Crop from Algood or anywhere else in Putnam.   Only when we became Legit in Sports the last 10 years has this ever been in Question.  Like I said before, It has NEVER been questioned  who came to play at Monterey until they became Legit and not the Laughingstock of the District and Area when we were non-competitive.     

Looks like one that scored 61 points is pretty good. 

6 hours ago, Indian said:

Looks like one that scored 61 points is pretty good. 

He plays against the team he suited up for in Jackson Co last year later tonight, Im still debating on heading to Monterey. The kid is an extremely hard worker and can shoot the ball from anywhere. JC will know how to contain him should be one of the better boys games around if they get the right officials. 

On 1/8/2023 at 12:15 PM, blueeyes said:

So, are you saying those athletes from Clarkrange doesnt make a difference on YAI football?  The Overton KIds do have a State Agreement with Putnam to allow them to go to Monterey and our factored in number wise to Student Enrollment.  So my question is,  does YAI have to count Clarkrange's ennrollment when they Co-op to allow Football players to play on YAI's team?  IF so, Shouldnt they be 4A and playing LA, Stone, Dekalb?

There are many schools with coop agreements in football. None of them are required to include the numbers by the TSSAA. It is a TSSAA rule. Not Yorks fault. No wrong doing is being done. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2023 at 6:20 PM, TheTruthHurts22 said:

He plays against the team he suited up for in Jackson Co last year later tonight, Im still debating on heading to Monterey. The kid is an extremely hard worker and can shoot the ball from anywhere. JC will know how to contain him should be one of the better boys games around if they get the right officials. 

JC boys beat Monterey and Tre ended up fouling out.  It was an AWESOME game!!  Proud JC Fan right here!

9 hours ago, Ballermom12 said:

JC boys beat Monterey and Tre ended up fouling out.  It was an AWESOME game!!  Proud JC Fan right here!

The kid from Jackson county shoots almost all of their shots (it’s something to see). I’ve not seen a high school team that just lets a kid shoot 80% of their shots and all of the other players and parents be ok. He can score but he needs a clear line of sight to do it. Just my .02.  

On 1/21/2023 at 12:18 AM, rammerjammer2 said:

The kid from Jackson county shoots almost all of their shots (it’s something to see). I’ve not seen a high school team that just lets a kid shoot 80% of their shots and all of the other players and parents be ok. He can score but he needs a clear line of sight to do it. Just my .02.  

You've not watched UC boys basketball the last 4 years then....

On 1/21/2023 at 12:18 AM, rammerjammer2 said:

Monterey has a kid that will shoot a huge percentage of their teams shots.  He probably should shoot the most because he is their best scorer.  I would say 80% of shots would be not good for any teams chemistry.  I think not having other options hurts the team.  It is easier to guard one person than five.  

7 minutes ago, mrbasketball said:

Monterey has a kid that will shoot a huge percentage of their teams shots.  He probably should shoot the most because he is their best scorer.  I would say 80% of shots would be not good for any teams chemistry.  I think not having other options hurts the team.  It is easier to guard one person than five.  

Yeah JC is very balanced on Offense and work through the post way more than Monterey. No one player on JC shoots it even 25% of the time I think he (RammerJammer) meant to say Monterey because Monette is gonna jack it 30-40 times. I believe you are right about the morale aspect and by the end of the game the other team knows who’s shooting it. I’m sure he will be seeing some junk defenses dedicated solely to slowing him down in the coming weeks. 

5 hours ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

Yeah JC is very balanced on Offense and work through the post way more than Monterey. No one player on JC shoots it even 25% of the time I think he (RammerJammer) meant to say Monterey because Monette is gonna jack it 30-40 times. I believe you are right about the morale aspect and by the end of the game the other team knows who’s shooting it. I’m sure he will be seeing some junk defenses dedicated solely to slowing him down in the coming weeks. 

Sorry for the typo but you were right. It is the kid from Monterey. York played him straight up man and held him under 20 till the starters were pulled. He got at least nine against the subs. Reminds me of watching the kid from Cannon county last year, but according to one of their parents nobody else wanted to shoot. Might be the same situation at Monterey this year.