Cookeville vs white co

Nontypical

I have sit back long enough. Its time for dodgen to go. I hope and pray he resigns after this season before he waste anymore of all this height and talent.  In 2 years these girls still dont know how to break a press. I can’t believe he hasnt taught them this. Its not that hard i could show them how in ten minutes. Imo worst coach we have ever had at wc. The only one comparable is shockley. This is how dodgen breaks a press. Throw it in to corner. Get double teamed. Throw it away. Every time. Thank goodness cookeville quit pressing after the firet quarter or it would have been 100-0. Im not impressed dodgen. Please go!

I don’t know Coach Dodgen, but be careful what you wish for. 15-4 this year with losses to Cookeville, York, and a good Alabama team. According to the CoachT, 113-43 in the previous five years. From an outside viewpoint, he appears to put a very competitive team on the floor every year in what is probably the toughest district in the state in any classification.

Sometimes breaking a press is a personnel problem rather than a coaching problem. 

No guarantee that a coaching change results in an upgrade. Good coaches are not easy to find

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maddams said:

I don’t know Coach Dodgen, but be careful what you wish for. 15-4 this year with losses to Cookeville, York, and a good Alabama team. According to the CoachT, 113-43 in the previous five years. From an outside viewpoint, he appears to put a very competitive team on the floor every year in what is probably the toughest district in the state in any classification.

Sometimes breaking a press is a personnel problem rather than a coaching problem. 

No guarantee that a coaching change results in an upgrade. Good coaches are not easy to find

Some fans are delusional.  Even the best are not going to win every game and yes sometimes you are going to get blown out.  Happens at every level every year.  And yes I realize this is a big rivalry game and it makes fans even more upset to lose.  I can guarantee you that White County is lucky to have a coach like Dodgen in place.  Many others wish they had someone like him.  One day all these veteran coaches are going to be gone and with the shortage of teachers and young coaches the face of high school basketball is going to look very different.  I know others are going to disagree and that’s fine , not looking for an argument or debate just stating my observation from a 30 plus year educator and coach. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nontypical said:

I have sit back long enough. Its time for dodgen to go. I hope and pray he resigns after this season before he waste anymore of all this height and talent.  In 2 years these girls still dont know how to break a press. I can’t believe he hasnt taught them this. Its not that hard i could show them how in ten minutes. Imo worst coach we have ever had at wc. The only one comparable is shockley. This is how dodgen breaks a press. Throw it in to corner. Get double teamed. Throw it away. Every time. Thank goodness cookeville quit pressing after the firet quarter or it would have been 100-0. Im not impressed dodgen. Please go!

Coach Dodgen has proven his coaching ability over the years. White co. is fortunate to have him. I'm sure you could do a much better job since apparently you must have an impeccable record in your tenure as a coach. Save your complaints for ones who don't understand that even the best coaches and/or talent don't always win every game they play in the Upper Cumberland area.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, rabbitranch said:

Coach Dodgen has proven his coaching ability over the years. White co. is fortunate to have him. I'm sure you could do a much better job since apparently you must have an impeccable record in your tenure as a coach. Save your complaints for ones who don't understand that even the best coaches and/or talent don't always win every game they play in the Upper Cumberland area.

He has never got out of the region at white co. And yes i know he doesn’t throw the passes during the game the girls do. But he doesn’t scheme or it doesn’t seem like he has any plays to get the ball down the court. Im not impressed! Oh and he needs to quit barking at the refs because he hisself is a terrible ref! 

Coach Dodgen is a proven winner. He was a winner at Cannon County and now at White. The Cannon girls and their coach are now a laughingstock. Barking at the refs is part of the game. Be careful what you wish for. Any school would hire Coach Dodgen immediately. Two losses to Cookeville, one to York, and a good Alabama team. York and Cookeville should both compete for a state championship. What more could you possibly want? Be careful what you wish for. 

51 minutes ago, Hoops615 said:

Coach Dodgen is a proven winner. He was a winner at Cannon County and now at White. The Cannon girls and their coach are now a laughingstock. Barking at the refs is part of the game. Be careful what you wish for. Any school would hire Coach Dodgen immediately. Two losses to Cookeville, one to York, and a good Alabama team. York and Cookeville should both compete for a state championship. What more could you possibly want? Be careful what you wish for. 

While missing arguably their 2nd best player in Reed for most of those games. This nontypical guy is most definitely a troll. Unfortunately for him Dodgen isn’t going anywhere soon. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hoops615 said:

Any school can have him!

4 hours ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

While missing arguably their 2nd best player in Reed for most of those games. This nontypical guy is most definitely a troll. Unfortunately for him Dodgen isn’t going anywhere soon. 

Definitely not a troll. Trust me. I just have never cared for him. Imo just dont think he his a very good coach. I say what others are scared to say. The biggest problem i have with him other than being a jerk is he hasn’t taught these girls how to break a press. Last year or this year! I mean seriously. All these teams figured it out last year and now they have remembered this year how to beat us. The blueprint to beat us is easy. Just press. Talk to anybody in cookeville or baxter. We are the silent laughing stock. They all snicker and say just press them and ul beat them or they will beat their selves. Unfortunately this is true! I understand they dont have an ace point guard. I get it.(even though i think gratsy is gonna be a good one). But it aint hard to break a press if you have a play in how to do it. You cant just throw it in every time to the corner and get doubled team and throw it away. Anyway rant over. Maybe he will read these and figure out how to break a press. Lol. Oh and private message me coach i will draw it up for you!

• Sad 2

21 hours ago, Nontypical said:

Definitely not a troll. Trust me. I just have never cared for him. Imo just dont think he his a very good coach. I say what others are scared to say. The biggest problem i have with him other than being a jerk is he hasn’t taught these girls how to break a press. Last year or this year! I mean seriously. All these teams figured it out last year and now they have remembered this year how to beat us. The blueprint to beat us is easy. Just press. Talk to anybody in cookeville or baxter. We are the silent laughing stock. They all snicker and say just press them and ul beat them or they will beat their selves. Unfortunately this is true! I understand they dont have an ace point guard. I get it.(even though i think gratsy is gonna be a good one). But it aint hard to break a press if you have a play in how to do it. You cant just throw it in every time to the corner and get doubled team and throw it away.

His team is ranked 3rd in the state and you are the only WC supporter on here saying negative stuff. Who’s to say they don’t work on press break every practice? I’m sure they do since “everyone and their mom” knows it’s their weakness. You know the saying you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make them drink. Same is true with 14-18 year old kids. When Reed gets back they will be just fine , but no team can lose a player of her caliber and still win against top state tourney caliber teams. Why are you so sad? Your team is having an excellent season! Why not support your team instead of running down the coach? That last question is rhetorical please don’t answer it. 

• Like 2