Pin-TN rankings 1/9

WrestlingGod

9 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

Yeah, thats it and thats the only reason. No other coaches care about their programs as much as Cleveland. 

No other rea$son$ at all. 

Number one I said a lot of it boiled down to their feeder system.  Also if it were about money don't you think that a lot of areas of Middle TN such as Franklin and Brentwood and other areas would just be setting the world on fire?  There are a lot of areas in TN that have much more wealth than Cleveland and Bradley.  Look at the private schools Cleveland wrestles most all of them have huge benefactors but other than Baylor, who usually challenges Cleveland year in and year out?  Everyone wants a reason other than what it is. But you can of course think what you want.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CHSBLUE said:

Number one I said a lot of it boiled down to their feeder system.  Also if it were about money don't you think that a lot of areas of Middle TN such as Franklin and Brentwood and other areas would just be setting the world on fire?  There are a lot of areas in TN that have much more wealth than Cleveland and Bradley.  Look at the private schools Cleveland wrestles most all of them have huge benefactors but other than Baylor, who usually challenges Cleveland year in and year out?  Everyone wants a reason other than what it is. But you can of course think what you want.  

Everybody knows BC and Cleveland get more money than any other div 1 school in the state. Its not new news. I wish they'd just come out and say it. Own it. Instead of trying to give other reasons. 

Nobody faults them for getting more money. Its just how the chips fell. But dont pretend it doenst exist lol

6 hours ago, WrestlingGod said:

I agree Cleveland and Bradley 1 and 2. I don’t agree that every other team after that is murky. The next two are pretty obvious too. 

Agree on "pretty" obvious and I'll grant third is much clearer than it was a month ago (Summit).  If I had to rank DB in D1 AA right now I would place them 5th or 6th with as I said the "possibility" to finish in top 4.   As we all know team health plays a gigantic role at the end particularly given the time of year (regular flu, covid, weight management, nagging injuries, major injuries, etc.).  But facts are facts and the facts are that at this moment Summit has wrestled a very tough dual schedule.

Who do you see as the obvious 4th team?  Wilson Central or somebody else? 

6 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

Everybody knows BC and Cleveland get more money than any other div 1 school in the state. Its not new news. I wish they'd just come out and say it. Own it. Instead of trying to give other reasons. 

Nobody faults them for getting more money. Its just how the chips fell. But dont pretend it doenst exist lol

I’ll bite

It’s public record what Allan gives both our programs, and it’s USUALLY the same amount. While it’s very helpful, it does no more than help with yearly facility upkeep, support for club kids who are unfortunate, and supports myself and other coaches in most travel events we have.

Coach Knox, myself, and our program have INDEPENDENTLY raised over 100k in the last year alone to give our program/kids every opportunity possible to accomplish the goals they have set. 

So yes, Cleveland is in a good spot, but it’s bc we put our nose down and work. Not saying others don’t, bc i see it first hand. Programs like Blackman, Cookeville, Seymour, Soddy, Halls and Boyd have be doing the same thing for a long time!!!

Looking at the history of your post you seems to enjoy attacking Cleveland every opportunity you can get, which personally lets me know we are still KILLING IT!!!

Good news for you, we are only getting better ha…. plenty more content for you to hate on for the next 15 years or so. Look forward to seeing how frustrated we make you.

BTW Grant Lundy won State that year 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

While money certainly helps offset the cost of attending tournaments for the kids it's by no means everything.  IMO to be successful at any athletic endeavor you must have the following:

1.  Qualified instructors

2.  A realistic training plan that includes not only the in-season tournaments but also the offseason tournaments and a "legitimate" strength training program that is documented.  Great coaches have every practice planned before the season even begins.

3.  An administration that is willing to support the goals of the program.

4.  Good training partners.  Wrestlers need someone to go live with them that can push them to greatness.  

5.  A feeder program that is all about developing the talent that shows up.  It's easy to go out and recruit kids that are already very good but to take kids that are at the youth level and help them reach their potential is a skill that is very rewarding.

Edited by cbg
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ummmno said:

My guess is you have not clue how much money has been donated to Cleveland or HCWC over the last years. My guess is you have no clue how much these programs raise from firework sales, golf tournaments, high school dual tournament, AAU tournament which were all worked by wrestlers, parents, grandparents, and coaches that volunteered their time. My guess is you don't know how much money any other D1 school program gets. You like to talk a big game, but I bet you have no facts. Tell how you know so much about money given or raised for these programs. You must know, you said "everybody knows".  Just for you a little secret. Money does not buy success but success sure helps bring it in, no pretending. We are glad for and appreciate all that support our programs.

2 minutes ago, GruncleD said:

My guess is you have not clue how much money has been donated to Cleveland or HCWC over the last years. My guess is you have no clue how much these programs raise from firework sales, golf tournaments, high school dual tournament, AAU tournament which were all worked by wrestlers, parents, grandparents, and coaches that volunteered their time. My guess is you don't know how much money any other D1 school program gets. You like to talk a big game, but I bet you have no facts. Tell how you know so much about money given or raised for these programs. You must know, you said "everybody knows".  Just for you a little secret. Money does not buy success but success sure helps bring it in, no pretending. We are glad for and appreciate all that support our programs.

My guess is I know more than you think I know. 

This isn't anything new. We know who the money comes from and where it goes. And while, no, money doesn't buy success, it certainly helps fund it. 

Again, nobody is dogging the programs for getting it. If any other school in the state had the opportunity to take it they would, and nobody would blame them for it. 

Baylor had prior coach contact with Sturgill and he isn’t sitting out but they hired his coach so I guess hush money talks

Rule is sit out if you competed in tssaa in prior year and also if you had contact with a coach in past 12 months Sturgill was on teams coached by more than one Baylor coach and his coach from heritage is there now and traveling with varsity as a coach but it would be absurd to make Baylor play by the rules

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Ummmno said:

My guess is I know more than you think I know. 

This isn't anything new. We know who the money comes from and where it goes. And while, no, money doesn't buy success, it certainly helps fund it. 

Again, nobody is dogging the programs for getting it. If any other school in the state had the opportunity to take it they would, and nobody would blame them for it. 

You know nothing ha…. people inside our program know what goes on and when we have new people come into our program they also learn the truth.

We have a GREAT thing going on, and people who are jealous can’t grasp that it just may be because we put in A LOT of time, work hard, and do things the right way. We value the opportunity to take a 5 year old and teach them to love the sport….and when you can do that…. you start winning a lot. Do families move in? Yea, and recently we have had quite a few. But they are coming to us in 3rd,4th grade. We have a competitive environment and are committed to the KIDS.

Like i said before, a bunch of other programs do this as well. Blackman, Cookeville, Seymour,Soddy, Halls,and Boyd all have killer youth programs who  do the same.

but back to it…..

Where does it go? 

8 hours ago, Ummmno said:

Yeah, thats it and thats the only reason. No other coaches care about their programs as much as Cleveland. 

No other rea$son$ at all. 

You are an idiot! I came from Soddy so I hated Cleveland and bradley with a passion but they have the best kids clubs in the state and one of the top in the southeast. You can blame that on money all you want but does that mean every other school in the state doesn’t have an ex wrestler worth a crap as far as money? I’ve experienced first hand how higher calling and pride have worked as my girlfriends son wrestled for higher and I have always been a fan of Steve L who has came back a few years ago to coach the pride. My own son tried Soddy many many years back and it was nothing like Higher Calling is. Ulric has done a good job getting it back to being a pretty good club, however there for years it was a shell. Higher on the other hand has hammers galore and a ton of coaches volunteering their time to make that club the best out there. Maybe instead of complaining about a perceived buying of excellence maybe put some dang money into your program and quit the whining because as much as I hate those programs money has helped but the hard work those coaches have put in is second to none! 

10 minutes ago, JBoskenUSAW said:

You know nothing ha…. people inside our program know what goes on and when we have new people come into our program they also learn the truth.

We have a GREAT thing going on, and people who are jealous can’t grasp that it just may be because we put in A LOT of time, work hard, and do things the right way. We value the opportunity to take a 5 year old and teach them to love the sport….and when you can do that…. you start winning a lot. Do families move in? Yea, and recently we have had quite a few. But they are coming to us in 3rd,4th grade. We have a competitive environment and are committed to the KIDS.

Like i said before, a bunch of other programs do this as well. Blackman, Cookeville, Seymour,Soddy, Halls,and Boyd all have killer youth programs who  do the same.

but back to it…..

Where does it go? 

Funny thing is idiot ummno hasn’t even begun to say how many kids came through your program just to end up at other schools. Again I hated Bradley and Cleveland as I wrestled for Soddy in the late 90’s. Always respected them just hated them lol.

But success breeds success, ummno, just off the top of my head, the big dogs from Signal Uhorchuk’s all worked with higher calling, of course Cody Chittum, Emory Taylor, Cade Holloway and I can’t even remember the others that came out of Higher Calling just to be studs at schools besides Cleveland or Bradley. That room is almost nothing but hammers, only the strong survive. I agree with what another said, why is Franklin not any good anymore or some of those other well off Nashville teams as good as most have very well off alumni and live in very very rich areas of the state.