Cleveland Blue Raiders Head Coaching Vacancy

Booger

On 1/29/2023 at 10:49 AM, Vol9093 said:

For the Cleveland peeps. At the salary that Tygard will make coaching, how long will the Administration / Booster give him to produce a winner?  

Booger thinkin the answer to Vol9093 ponderin may depend on what Vol9093 figurin a winner is

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

I have posted this in the past, but if you know Cleveland’s history, they have never been successful when playing in the state’s largest classification, even under Benny Monroe. Their 1982 run to the finals was when they briefly got to drop to AA in the 3 class days. Once they returned to AAA they made it past Round 2 once, in 1985 when they were eliminated by Jeff Co. in Round 3. Of course the threepeat was in 4A.

20 minutes ago, Booger said:

Booger thinkin the answer to Vol9093 ponderin may depend on what Vol9093 figurin a winner is

For $130,000 plus incentives I'd expect a top 10 finish. But it's not my tax dollars, that's why I posed the question to the people of Cleveland. They may have different expectations. Especially a certain Booster. 

35 minutes ago, Vol9093 said:

For $130,000 plus incentives I'd expect a top 10 finish. But it's not my tax dollars, that's why I posed the question to the people of Cleveland. They may have different expectations. Especially a certain Booster. 

No matter what you pay a coach, you still got to give him time to implement his own system. Tygard is a pretty big change from Wheeler. If Blackman is any indication, Year 1 might be a little bumpy and Year 2 you'll start to see improvement.

Tygard seems like a pretty smart guy, so I'm sure he's not naive to what the expectations will be. They play in the same region as Maryville, that's a big mountain to climb (yes I'm aware they beat them last yr)

2 hours ago, fooseball95 said:

Tygard is bringing in DC from Tyner  and added Gerald Riggs Jr as the RB coach. Looks like he’s bringing in a whole new staff. 

Say's who? Riggs would have to pass a background check and Manes(Tynner DC) has said that he is not sure on wether or not he will be leaving(My buddy works at Tyner and has asked him several times) Why would he bring in a fully new staff when there are a ton of coaches who are already there and committed to the school.

46 minutes ago, theDBGuru said:

Say's who? Riggs would have to pass a background check and Manes(Tynner DC) has said that he is not sure on wether or not he will be leaving(My buddy works at Tyner and has asked him several times) Why would he bring in a fully new staff when there are a ton of coaches who are already there and committed to the school.

Um well Riggs was at the meet and greet and Barger has been told he’s bringing his own DC. As for everyone else that remains to be seen. But those are the 2 we know he’s bringing. 

Edited by fooseball95

no ID bout who the new HC has told to saddle their horses and pack wagons....but sounds to ole Booger that their might have been some coaches still attached to the program that havent received pink slips....mighta shoulda been at that meet and greet... 

1 hour ago, theDBGuru said:

DBGuru speakin like that polygraph test for that riggs feller might be a problem